Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST sends Failed Transcripts
Hi All,

Could anyone confirm if DSST sends only Passed Transcripts or all of them including Failed ones too?

I've heard or read that CLEP failed exams doesn't go anywhere since there's no credit for them, however I took a DSST exam after reading a study guide the night before and failed one while passing the second exam.

Tonight, I noticed two DSST transcripts received by EC which would mean, DSST sent the passed and failed transcripts.
I'm hoping CLEP & DSST doesn't transcript the failed exams.

This would change my view of taking exams cold or after a brisk read the night prior.
[SIZE="1"]
Goal: EC's BSLS
DSST: Intro Computing, MIS, Info Systems & Apps, Intro to Business, Technical Writing, Principals of Supervision
SL: Macroeconomics, College Alg.

[/SIZE]
costic Wrote:Hi All,

Could anyone confirm if DSST sends only Passed Transcripts or all of them including Failed ones too?

I've heard or read that CLEP failed exams doesn't go anywhere since there's no credit for them, however I took a DSST exam after reading a study guide the night before and failed one while passing the second exam.

Tonight, I noticed two DSST transcripts received by EC which would mean, DSST sent the passed and failed transcripts.
I'm hoping CLEP & DSST doesn't transcript the failed exams.

This would change my view of taking exams cold or after a brisk read the night prior.

Yes both the passed and failed exams are sent out to the schools. But the schools wont do anything with the failed ones or count them against you. You just simply retake them again after the wait time, and have them resent for credit (provided that you passed the second time).
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
CLEP101 Wrote:Yes both the passed and failed exams are sent out to the schools. But the schools wont do anything with the failed ones or count them against you. You just simply retake them again after the wait time, and have them resent for credit (provided that you passed the second time).

Thanks Clep101!

With limited time for study, I rather take the exam with minimal prep than not taking the exam at all.
[SIZE="1"]
DSST: Intro Computing, MIS, Info Systems & Apps, Intro to Business, Technical Writing, Principals of Supervision

[/SIZE]
and if this REALLY REALLY REALLY bothers you, you simply choose not to send the score to any school when you're at the exam computer. Then, when you are finished taking all your exams, you pay 1 fee to DSST for a transcript, and they will then send whichever exams you select (passed only, obviously) to wherever you select.
cookderosa Wrote:and if this REALLY REALLY REALLY bothers you, you simply choose not to send the score to any school when you're at the exam computer. Then, when you are finished taking all your exams, you pay 1 fee to DSST for a transcript, and they will then send whichever exams you select (passed only, obviously) to wherever you select.

I wasn't aware of that, that's an interesting option. I recall selecting a school once and that option has not come back since.
Thanks for the help
[SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]
DSST computerized exams always pull up your registration page so that you can edit anything that has changed. This is where you would either enter your institution's DSST code, or 7777 if they don't have one, or leave it blank if you don't want your score sent anywhere. This always appears on the screen! If you have taken a lot of exams, you might just zip right on past this screen without looking. You can also view this page from your home computer any time (ibt.prometric.com/dsst). Log in with your username and password and you will be able to view/change your registration page.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? Kelly Green 8 2,269 08-29-2018, 12:02 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,793 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 1,977 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,201 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,543 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  How to get TESU to answer my questions and look at my transcripts? (Discouraged) camjenks 5 1,613 04-24-2018, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Muldoon
  TESU doesn't accept ACE transcripts of Study.com courses? jsh1138 35 8,053 03-29-2018, 08:06 AM
Last Post: tekplay99
  COSC & Straighterline Transcripts MichiganMax 4 1,543 01-30-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: triforce828
  DSST Intro To Law Enforcement amit 10 2,038 11-30-2017, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Joeman200
  DSST Supervision transfer to Excelsior bernieyeater 3 1,603 10-23-2017, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning