Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DSSTs now available online for EVERYONE
(11-02-2022, 03:44 PM)sanantone Wrote: Prometric owns DSST, and their name is on the testing software for in-person testing. I've never used ProProctor.

It's Prometrics's own online proctoring system. (PROmetric, PROproctor).  I'm guessing it's decent.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-02-2022, 05:07 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 03:44 PM)sanantone Wrote: Prometric owns DSST, and their name is on the testing software for in-person testing. I've never used ProProctor.

It's Prometrics's own online proctoring system. (PROmetric, PROproctor).  I'm guessing it's decent.

I'm aware, but I've used about a half a dozen proctoring services and haven't come across this one yet. They seem to be focused on certification boards, especially healthcare ones. 

https://www.prometric.com/test-takers/se...ESC&page=0
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(10-31-2022, 05:19 PM)vetvso Wrote: Today I took the DSST in Organizational Behavior and the testing went well. However, I had to use around 30 minutes to get set up with pre-screening, just to get to the proctor. Now it will go much faster next since I fully understand the rules better. 

My advice would be as follows:

1. Plan for 30 minutes of pre-screening for your first time online.
2. Leave all of your pockets empty
3. Don't expect them to be on time. Yes it's $100 and they most likely will be late.
4. I had zero issues with the proctor and only pre-screening took time.
5. Still 100 questions and the report from prometric was additional information.

I still have not seen the test show up on my DSST account so hopefully, it's not something different.

An important item of note. When you take the online test I didn't see a place to sign in to your DSST account to where your credit will be stored. Now I did ahead of time tell the system where to send my scores but as of today, no scores have shown up in my account for DSST.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
Live in NYC 10022 and trying to book appointment for “principles of public speaking parts 1 and 2”.  Told it needs to be at a national testing site (prometric only partners) and web site national testing sites listed on web page either don’t answer, don’t return calls or number disconnected   Anyone have ideas?  Thanks

Anyone 
(11-16-2022, 10:57 AM)Rtat Wrote:
Live in NYC 10022 and trying to book appointment for “principles of public speaking parts 1 and 2”.  Told it needs to be at a national testing site (prometric only partners) and web site national testing sites listed on web page either don’t answer, don’t return calls or number disconnected   Anyone have ideas?  Thanks

Anyone 

That test in particular has always been tricky.  I'm surprised they even offer it any more.  A lot of testing sites don't offer it.  No idea why it wouldn't work at a home-based test.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-03-2022, 10:57 AM)vetvso Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 05:19 PM)vetvso Wrote: Today I took the DSST in Organizational Behavior and the testing went well. However, I had to use around 30 minutes to get set up with pre-screening, just to get to the proctor. Now it will go much faster next since I fully understand the rules better. 

3. Don't expect them to be on time. Yes it's $100 and they most likely will be late.
5. Still 100 questions and the report from prometric was additional information.

I still have not seen the test show up on my DSST account so hopefully, it's not something different.

An important item of note. When you take the online test I didn't see a place to sign in to your DSST account to where your credit will be stored. Now I did ahead of time tell the system where to send my scores but as of today, no scores have shown up in my account for DSST.

This thread is a few months old, but did your scores show up in your account?
(03-16-2023, 07:45 AM)Murdockb Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 10:57 AM)vetvso Wrote:

This thread is a few months old, but did your scores show up in your account?

They did not show up in my account and I had to work with customer service to correct the issue. This was a major hassle.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
(10-29-2022, 05:25 PM)MichaelGates Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 10:23 PM)SweetSecret Wrote: Does anyone know free resources for preparing for these DSST exams? I know a few young people that may be interested.

Study Guides (PDF)
https://www.dantestestprep.com/free-study-guides

@SweetSecret

Yeah it's kind of an old thread, but came upon it when I was looking for other stuff. Not sure if this will help you any, but here's a list of sites that have more free textbooks online. Not sure what to tell you about free printed materials though. Anything helps in the "(in)justice corrections system". Will post back if I find anything more.

Quote:From: https://mhc.ab.libguides.com/c.php?g=703460&p=5190045
Open Education Alberta
OEA features a variety of openly-licensed textbooks produced by Alberta institutions.
BC Campus OpenEd
One of the leading OER producers in Canada, BC Campus OpenEd features numerous quality open textbooks in a variety of digital formats.
eCampus Ontario
The home of Open Educational Resources in Ontario, eCampus Ontario features more than 500 free and openly-licensed educational resources.
Openstax
An ed-tech initiative based at Rice University, Openstax provides peer-reviewed, openly-licensed textbooks which are available in free digital formats, and in print for a nominal fee.
Open Textbook Library
The Open Textbook Library provides a growing catalogue of free, peer-reviewed, and openly-licensed textbooks in a wide variety of subject areas.
LibreTexts
The LibreTexts approach is a highly collaborative open textbook environment, under constant revision by students, faculty, and outside experts to supplant conventional paper-based books.
Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB)
DOAB is a community-driven discovery service that indexes and provides access to scholarly, peer-reviewed open-access books.
Wikibooks
Wikibooks includes textbooks, annotated texts, instructional guides, and manuals.  These materials can be used in a traditional classroom, an accredited or respected institution, a home-school environment, as part of a Wikiversity course, or for self-learning.  
Intech Open
Intech Open is the world's leading publisher of science open-access books, built by scientists for scientists.
Lyryx - Advanced Learning
Lyryx works within the OER community to provide instructors and students with quality online learning options that includes open textbooks.
OER for English Language Learners
With funding from Open Education Alberta, Bow Valley College and NorQuest College collaborated to create OER in the form of eTextbooks intended for immigrant adult learners who require English language programming.
Affordable Learning Georgia
This collection features a variety of open textbooks and ancillary materials, in a variety of disciplines.
Iowa State University Digital Press
A unit of the Iowa State University Library that aims to publish high quality scholarship and features numerous open books and textbooks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online proctoring: Does anyone even pay attention? studyingfortests 21 4,587 11-02-2023, 12:39 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Have you used online proctoring for CLEP? sgloer 14 6,400 06-19-2022, 11:17 AM
Last Post: virino
  Online CLEP (proctoring) katsiki 9 1,962 06-17-2022, 05:59 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Updated UExcel online exams list rachel83az 15 2,849 03-22-2021, 12:12 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Do mobile and online instantcert flashcards sync? will1030 0 1,014 09-26-2020, 12:39 PM
Last Post: will1030
  ACT online testing for ACE credits??? nomaduser 15 3,013 09-11-2020, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Dorothy44
  Online proctored DSST exams nomaduser 11 3,761 09-08-2020, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  UExcel Online Cofffeee 2 999 07-09-2020, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  DSST Transcript Ordering Now Available Online sanantone 7 1,844 10-22-2019, 07:28 PM
Last Post: dfrecore