Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Date completed required BA vs Graduation date
I am rapidly completing the 8 Psych courses needed for my BA in Psych at TESC. I need to roll right into an online Teacher Preparation Program. I am taking 2 classes on line at TESC and they are 12 weeks long - ending on April 30. The cut off for TESC June graduation is April 1 for all course completion. So it looks like I will have to wait for the July 1 cut off for the September graduation.
One of the programs for the Teacher Prep Program (Western Governors University) said that they will need an official transcript from TESC showing that I have completed the courses for the BA and that a BA is issued. Will this show before the "graduation" date of September? I am anxious to get started in the Teacher Prep and hate to have to wait those few extra months. Anyone have any experience with being done and if it shows as BA completed before the graduation date?
Thanks!
There have been many instances where people have been conditionally accepted into programs. Since you are completing the coursework well in advance of your graduation date, an unofficial transcript will certainly show that the courses have been completed. I would contact WGU now and begin pleading your case.
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
Thanks that is what I will do. I will let the board know how it goes. I did email TESC and ask if 1) I can apply for graduation on April 1 even though my course will not be completed until April 30. I assured them that I would be rocking a strong A and that I would pay the graduation fees etc along with the paperwork. Maybe I can get a provisional graduation date and then as long as I complete the class I can be signed, sealed and delivered for the June graduation. I also asked TESC 2) can I complete the online course ahead of schedule and get the grade before the April 1 cut off. I also asked if I could just change to a Guided course rather than the online.
The reason I am taking the classes at all rather than CLEP them is because I need the grades on my transcripts. I have one lingering class out there that TESC will transfer but I need to wiggle my GPA up just a tad. Majoring in Partying 101 all those years ago is coming to haunt me. I did get 88 units transfered over though and I did not need the few that did not come over because I had no where to use them.
I will let the board know if TESC has any compassion to my pleas.
I hope this answer your question. I just checked my mail today and discovered an email from TESC. I am part of the graduation date in March, but they sent me one letter stating that I graduate on March 6th, and 2 letters (addressed to whom it may concern) stating that I have "met the requirements for the Bachelor of Arts degree with an area of study in History. This degree was certified on January 8, 2009 and is scheduled to be conferred on March 6, 2009" It seems to me that this would be enough to get into that teacher prep program.

Disclaimer: I am not an admissions officer. Rolleyes
A.A.S Aviation Operations (Community College of the Air Force) April 2008
B.A. in History (Thomas Edison State College) March 2009

"To achieve the possible we must attempt the impossible, to be as much as we can be then we must dream of being more."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU graduation dates tobyisking 19 5,328 09-07-2018, 10:00 AM
Last Post: triforce828
  TESU - Applying for Graduation dexter1326 3 1,669 09-07-2018, 08:43 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,085 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Have the audits for September graduation (TESU) happened yet? leland.kirk 6 1,959 08-27-2018, 01:32 PM
Last Post: leland.kirk
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,053 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  June graduation Paramedic12 3 1,173 06-19-2018, 12:04 PM
Last Post: TacticalTechie
  TESU BSBA completed- a few tips thornoak 3 1,370 06-18-2018, 11:28 AM
  Can I go ahead and get the residency waiver and graduation fee taken care of? leland.kirk 35 6,135 06-12-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: MSK9
  TESU transcript post graduation Paramedic12 5 2,018 05-31-2018, 11:34 PM
  TESU Graduation Audit Timeline & Missing course dfrecore 8 1,989 05-28-2018, 11:36 AM
Last Post: mudball