Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davar questions
Hi all! Not sure if this is the right section to post this but I didn't see a specific section for Davar. 

I am considering switching from the Study.com MIS class to Davar's MIS class. Also considering switching from Study.com Globalization and International Management to Davar International Management. Mainly because I hate papers Smile

First question: to anyone's knowledge, will these courses still transfer to TESU CIS as UL? Will they fulfill the same requirements as the SDC courses? I will double check with my advisor but wanted to see what everyone's opinions were.
Second question: how are the Davar courses set up? I've never taken one. I just know they don't have papers, but maybe some essay questions? Are they similar to CLEPs? Or more like SL or SDC? They don't tell you anything about the setup on the Davar website. 

Thanks for the help!
If you scroll to near the bottom of the Davar business courses page, you'll see a table for equivalencies. They say that International management comes into TESU as MAN-372 and MIS comes in as CIS-301. Which would make them UL courses. I've never taken them personally, so I can't help you out as far as style of exams go.
(06-11-2020, 10:31 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you scroll to near the bottom of the Davar business courses page, you'll see a table for equivalencies. They say that International management comes into TESU as MAN-372 and MIS comes in as CIS-301. Which would make them UL courses. I've never taken them personally, so I can't help you out as far as style of exams go.

Thanks rachel83az! I'll definitely check that out.
They are similar to TECEPs if you know what those are like.

They don't really have a course. A few courses do have papers but most don't. So you just study on your own and take the exam.

The exam has some mini essay questions like TECEPs.

(06-11-2020, 01:20 PM)Ideas Wrote: They are similar to TECEPs if you know what those are like.

They don't really have a course. A few courses do have papers but most don't. So you just study on your own and take the exam.

The exam has some mini essay questions like TECEPs.

Unfortunately I have not taken a TECEP. However from your description it sounds like Davar courses are a bit like CLEPs, which I have taken many. I feel better about mini essay questions than three big papers!
(06-11-2020, 10:23 AM)studyandpass5 Wrote: Hi all! Not sure if this is the right section to post this but I didn't see a specific section for Davar. 

I am considering switching from the Study.com MIS class to Davar's MIS class. Also considering switching from Study.com Globalization and International Management to Davar International Management. Mainly because I hate papers Smile

First question: to anyone's knowledge, will these courses still transfer to TESU CIS as UL? Will they fulfill the same requirements as the SDC courses? I will double check with my advisor but wanted to see what everyone's opinions were.
Second question: how are the Davar courses set up? I've never taken one. I just know they don't have papers, but maybe some essay questions? Are they similar to CLEPs? Or more like SL or SDC? They don't tell you anything about the setup on the Davar website. 

Thanks for the help!

Davar's CIS315 consists of a final exam, period.  60 multiple choice questions and 10 essay or "short answer".  Not essays in the sense of having to write several paragraphs each, but not exactly a stroll down a tree-lined promenade with a fine lady and a white poodle, either.  One question wanted me to list and define nine examples of something, I forget what.  Might as well have said, "When you've finished with the exam, please move your school's Administration building a little to the left."

To be fair, if I blew that one, it was only four points.

The prep materials for that particular course were a well-targeted pdf study guide, which I converted to a 116-slide PPT deck for my purposes.  The recommended textbook is: Management Information Systems, Laudon, Kenneth C. and Laudon, Jane P., 14th Edition, 2016, which you can pick up used from either that computer auction website, or that other big site named after a river in South America, for something less than $15 shipped.

I'm not going to take a position on whether or not you need the textbook to pass the test, because I think it is largely a factor of how much you already know about MIS.

Taking the exam is pretty straightforward, you do so through Davar's website using either RPNow, or, if you're a glutton for punishment I suppose, ProctorFU.
[-] The following 2 users Like ctcarl's post:
  • inkleind, Muldoon
(06-11-2020, 01:40 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 10:23 AM)studyandpass5 Wrote: Hi all! Not sure if this is the right section to post this but I didn't see a specific section for Davar. 

Thanks for the help!

Davar's CIS315 consists of a final exam, period.  60 multiple choice questions and 10 essay or "short answer".  Not essays in the sense of having to write several paragraphs each, but not exactly a stroll down a tree-lined promenade with a fine lady and a white poodle, either.  One question wanted me to list and define nine examples of something, I forget what.  Might as well have said, "When you've finished with the exam, please move your school's Administration building a little to the left."

To be fair, if I blew that one, it was only four points.

The prep materials for that particular course were a well-targeted pdf study guide, which I converted to a 116-slide PPT deck for my purposes.  The recommended textbook is: Management Information Systems, Laudon, Kenneth C. and Laudon, Jane P., 14th Edition, 2016, which you can pick up used from either that computer auction website, or that other big site named after a river in South America, for something less than $15 shipped.

I'm not going to take a position on whether or not you need the textbook to pass the test, because I think it is largely a factor of how much you already know about MIS.

Taking the exam is pretty straightforward, you do so through Davar's website using either RPNow, or, if you're a glutton for punishment I suppose, ProctorFU.

Thanks ctcarl! Your response was very helpful. I'll definitely be looking into this option.
Considering COSC July 1st credit update, is Davar a No-go for Management Information Systems?  If not,  who else offers upper level credit in MIS?
(07-03-2020, 04:00 PM)nilahti2 Wrote: Considering COSC July 1st credit update, is Davar a No-go for Management Information Systems?  If not,  who else offers upper level credit in MIS?

Yep, Davar is not on approved providers list..

Saylor has an equivalent to ITE410 Software Engineering; studycom has equivalents to ITE 325 Computer Architecture, ITE 430 Database Mgmt & Design, ITE 330 Systems Analysis & Design, and some electives.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,370 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Linked University Questions for Sophia jdubley 8 1,341 09-28-2023, 10:21 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Sophia & Study questions CM1999 4 1,222 04-02-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: smarterby1degree
  Computer Architecture Questions ACI 4 879 03-18-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Davar Academy Preview? Carnation 3 826 01-01-2023, 02:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia Courses - Questions Dosada 9 1,140 12-13-2022, 01:32 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor.org exam retake same questions deegee 3 1,425 07-02-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Exclamation Coopersmith questions. Vle045 8 1,726 06-07-2022, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Michelle779
  Questions for anyone who has taken ACTFL exams rachel83az 6 1,198 03-14-2022, 09:49 PM
Last Post: jazzcat
  study.com calculus course -- how many multiple choice questions in the final exam? lylx1981 2 1,045 11-26-2021, 07:14 PM
Last Post: MNomadic