Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davar's Intro to Finance $20 until 2/16; Now uses RPnow for on-demand proctoring
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share a quick thanks. Without this post I would never would have known about Davar. I just started looking into finishing my degree with clep exams and saw this post. This post encouraged me to look to take this test as my chance to stick my toe in the water. I am looking to get a BS in Accounting. I was looking to take Microeconomics this week but with this great pricing I figured I would start here. I may take it as early as tomorrow. If so, I will give an update on how I felt I did. Thanks again!
gator9595 Wrote:Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share a quick thanks. Without this post I would never would have known about Davar. I just started looking into finishing my degree with clep exams and saw this post. This post encouraged me to look to take this test as my chance to stick my toe in the water. I am looking to get a BS in Accounting. I was looking to take Microeconomics this week but with this great pricing I figured I would start here. I may take it as early as tomorrow. If so, I will give an update on how I felt I did. Thanks again!

Good luck!

If you're not going to one of the Big 3 schools we talk about here on the forum, make sure your school will accept Davar. They're only NCCRS approved, and that's not as widely accepted as ACE/CLEP
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thank you JSD for the reply. I am looking to get a degree from one of the Big 3. I know a family where several of them were able to get degrees from Thomas Edison State.
Perfect! Then you're all set Smile
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I was able to take the test today. 60 questions and 10 essays. I was able to get a copy of the book but not sure it was necessary. Thanks again for the heads up. Big first step for me!
I passed! I got a 74. Not a great score but I'll take it. Only had two days to study. I see they are offering another course for a discounted price. Anyone here taking it ?
gator9595 Wrote:I passed! I got a 74. Not a great score but I'll take it. Only had two days to study. I see they are offering another course for a discounted price. Anyone here taking it ?

Congrats on your pass!
Which course is it?
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
gator9595 Wrote:I passed! I got a 74. Not a great score but I'll take it. Only had two days to study. I see they are offering another course for a discounted price. Anyone here taking it ?

I'd also like to know which course. And a post above says the final had 10 essays? Is that correct?
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Fin-301, Intro to Finance. Yes it had 10 essays. Usually a comparison between two subject matters.
Multinational Business Finance, on sale now until March 3.
http://www.degreeforum.net/saylor-org-st...post228966
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,293 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Coopersmith proctoring rachel83az 23 3,897 08-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: shaas
  Sophia - Intro to Chemistry Lab now Available! ashkir 1 606 04-03-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia Intro to Chemistry Lab course difficulty level EducationSeeker 6 1,206 01-09-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Davar Academy Preview? Carnation 3 808 01-01-2023, 02:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com question - Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab Mr T 6 1,472 12-31-2022, 05:27 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,174 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia - principals of finance or financial accounting? cclocks8 10 1,675 09-28-2022, 11:44 PM
Last Post: ashkir