Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior BSB Degree Plan
(06-21-2022, 11:00 AM)Insert Name Wrote: I’m sure that bj and others know the answer to this. Does EC give a discount for Study members? They do a 20% discount for people who have taken at least (I think it’s 2, but it may be 3) classes through Sophia. So, once you know which classes you are taking through Study for UL, it makes financial sense to take a few of the others through Sophia. For round numbers, if you pay a month of Sophia we’ll call that cost $100. 20% of $500 means that saves you $100 for each unit you take at EC from then on.

EC gives a discount for several providers, including Sophia and Study.com.  The first way that happens is that it's free to apply.  The second way, which doesn't apply to most people here, is that you have to take at least 12cr through EC.  So for anyone who just wants to take the 7cr that are required, and then bring in the remaining 113cr from ACE/NCCRS (or RA or NA schools), the discount will not apply.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Once last question I have regarding the ACTFL tests. Does taking the 4 foreign language tests which amounts to 36 credits total really help with EC ? How would those credits transfer in?
(06-21-2022, 12:38 PM)Andrée Wrote: Once last question I have regarding the ACTFL tests. Does taking the 4 foreign language tests which amounts to 36 credits total really help with EC ? How would those credits transfer in?

EC generally follows ACE guidelines, so those would come in as Humanities courses, and would have 12cr of UL and 12cr of LL.  But I don't know anyone who has actually brought those in, so I can't confirm 100%.

Your best bet is to just give it a shot.  That's what I would do.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Andrée Wrote:Once last question I have regarding the ACTFL tests. Does taking the 4 foreign language tests which amounts to 36 credits total really help with EC ? How would those credits transfer in?

Arrêter! Fermez la bouche. Penser... LOLX3, Learner Over-Look, Over-Load, Lots of Luck!

ACTFL should be used more often, you are good with just one language exam in French to get the credits you need. I highly recommend NOT going for the other languages, it doesn't apply to your degree in Business as you have limited space for the course credits. I would not invest the energy, money, time on that at the moment. You should focus on the remaining credits required for a Business degree.

dfrecore Wrote:EC generally follows ACE guidelines, so those would come in as Humanities courses, and would have 12cr of UL and 12cr of LL.  But I don't know anyone who has actually brought those in, so I can't confirm 100%.

Your best bet is to just give it a shot.  That's what I would do.

Andrée.. There are times when I recommend doing more than the minimum required (this is one of the times) and there are times I recommend doing more than required as I did on this post #10 here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid369905 and the next post #12 here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid369917

You need to decide if these extra credits would help you in the long run towards completing that Bachelors, if it was a BS Liberal Arts, I would say sure, go ahead and get those quick credits. But for a business degree having all these "under" the line for the transcripts and NOT applied to your degree would be a waste of energy, money, time. You can use that towards your Sophia.org and Study.com or other provider costs!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I did not realize this was for a business degree. I agree that this is a waste of money. I'd take the exam you think you'll do best in, and not worry about the rest unless you have no GE's. You don't need any UL in the Arts & Sciences for a BSB at EC.
(06-21-2022, 11:03 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-21-2022, 11:00 AM)Insert Name Wrote: I’m sure that bj and others know the answer to this. Does EC give a discount for Study members? They do a 20% discount for people who have taken at least (I think it’s 2, but it may be 3) classes through Sophia. So, once you know which classes you are taking through Study for UL, it makes financial sense to take a few of the others through Sophia. For round numbers, if you pay a month of Sophia we’ll call that cost $100. 20% of $500 means that saves you $100 for each unit you take at EC from then on.

EC gives a discount for several providers, including Sophia and Study.com.  The first way that happens is that it's free to apply.  The second way, which doesn't apply to most people here, is that you have to take at least 12cr through EC.  So for anyone who just wants to take the 7cr that are required, and then bring in the remaining 113cr from ACE/NCCRS (or RA or NA schools), the discount will not apply.
Thank you for the clarification.
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
Previously, it was recommended to take the extra 6 credits for 13 total credits at Excelsior because for that extra 6 credits, it would have only cost an extra $500 or so. But that landscape changed when they removed the extra fee of $1095 or around there for people taking less than 12 credits from them, thus now taking 7 credits would be much cheaper. I highly recommend just taking the 7 credits at Excelsior and transfer in the rest if you can...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

It's not the 20% discount you were hoping for but you can save 30% off your first 3 months on Study with coupon code: smarterby1degree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 0 16 1 hour ago
Last Post: nhmimi
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 29 373 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 130 10 hours ago
Last Post: curious
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 7 270 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,471 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,850 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 174 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 298 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 950 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 188 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737