Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Plan_BABA_Please advice
Hey everyone here!

I just got email acceptance a few days ago and will get started in Summer session, my program will be BABA in Management & Leadership Concentration, and here is my own curriculum table for my program, would appreciate that if you could take a look and solve my two questions...:

i'd like to know if you guys have some more courses suggested on Sophia.org as General Electives? 
and if there is any better way to finish the course in hyperlink that the provider(in column D) is Study.com?

(06-25-2022, 12:33 PM)wenwenyo Wrote: Hey everyone here!

I just got email acceptance a few days ago and will get started in Summer session, my program will be BABA in Management & Leadership Concentration, and here is my own curriculum table for my program, would appreciate that if you could take a look and solve my two questions...:

i'd like to know if you guys have some more courses suggested on Sophia.org as General Electives? 
and if there is any better way to finish the course in hyperlink that the provider(in column D) is Study.com?

Here is the current two way that i earned my credits so far...

1. Credits from Sophia.org

1. BUS 101: Introduction to Business
2. BUS 150: Introduction to Financial Accounting
3. ECO 207: Both Macro & Micro Economics
4. Conflict Resolution  (in progress)
5. BUS350 Business Law I
6. Intro to Ethics
7. Art History I or Art History II
8. Environmental Science
9. Introduction to Sociology  (in progress)
10. US History II (recommended) or US History I
11. Spanish I (in progress)

2. Credits i will transfer from my Chinese college 
Since Jessica replied that they will work on my evaluation later next week so i still have no idea on how many credits that will make sense, but here are some of the most course that might work? (idk)

Thank you guys for viewing, would be so happy if you could give me suggestion Smile
Sophia's College Algebra, Introduction to Statistics, or Introduction to College Mathematics have also fulfilled 3A in the past.

Saylor Academy's Managerial Accounting, Management Information Systems, and Business Law have lower-level credit recommendations you could ask about instead of the Study.com classes. Operations Management has an upper-level credit recommendation. No one's attempted to transfer much from Saylor Academy.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
You can always review the wiki as it's constantly updated by our moderators, there are suggested courses to take for your particular degree program, it's a great guide to follow for the bulk of the courses as you may have some already, I would take the ones you are missing as per the wiki link here. Wiki
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
hey good morning here Smile

I am going to get enrolled in Summer session of YOUR PACE Program!

And so far i have transferred 119 credits from my previous college + 21 credits from Sophia, thus have waived all General Elective courses plus some Mayjor courses! 

Here are what i left, please advice if there is course that i could take on some other platform to accelerate the whole process:

Take at UMPI (considering taking some on other platform like STUDY.COM):
1. GEC Effective Written & Oral Communication Learning Objectives 1A&D Complete ENG 101 (or equivalent)
2. ENG 121
3. MAT 140 Mathematics for Business 
4. Bus 200 Intermediate Business
5. BUS 220 Managerial Accounting 
6. BUS 244 Management Information System 
7. BUS 240 Change Management 
8. BUS 353 Legal & Ethical Environment of Business 
9. BUS 260 Leadership 
10. BUS 321 Human Resource Management 
11. BUS 325 Financial Management
12. Complete BUS 440 Business Analytics
13. BUS 415 Operations Management
14. GEC Critical & Creative Thinking Learning Objective 2D Complete HUM 103 Creative Decision Making or ENG 211 Creative Writing (or equivalent)
15. BUS 335 Organizational Behavior 
16. BUS 469 Strategic Professional Communication 
17. BUS 489 Business Policy & Strategy 
18. GEC Quantitative & Scientific Reasoning Learning Objective 3E Complete BIO 105 (or equivalent)
19. GEC Global Consciousness and Intercultural Awareness Learning Obj.5E Complete Pos 101 American Government or Pos 211 Introduction to Political Thought (or equivalent)

SAYLOR:
BUS 330 Marketing Management

Take at SOPHIA (in-progress, almost finished):
GEC Global Consciousness & Intercultural Awareness Learning Obj.5A  (i am taking Introduction to Sociology)
Complete GEC Global Consciousness & Intercultural Awareness Learning Obj.5C (i am taking SPANISH)

Heart Heart
Hi... Basically, I merged your newest thread as the question you're asking has already been answered in my last post to you.
Please click the wiki link above, as again, these are the suggested courses that you're looking for... Good luck, happy studies!

(06-26-2022, 11:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You can always review the wiki as it's constantly updated by our moderators, there are suggested courses to take for your particular degree program, it's a great guide to follow for the bulk of the courses as you may have some already, I would take the ones you are missing as per the wiki link here. Wiki

Do you have a response count for how many times you have posted this response? Of course, it is always the correct answer; just curious because I think it, and you post it.  Big Grin

For those that follow, the WIKI page is so good that your future posts here could quickly end up being mainly valued updates on your progress and UMPI changes that will also end up on WIKI.

Best of luck to the OP!
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
Basically the OP has about 20 or so courses left to complete, my suggestion for them is exactly the same to my previous post - delay enrollment, complete as many they can to transfer and complete as close to the minimum of 10 courses at UMPI. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid370325

However, after your post and reviewing OP's details again, they may already have a Bachelors degree! If that is the case, my recommendation/suggestions will change... As I usually like to do, point people to the "New User - Degree Planning Advice Template" and/or the "Wiki" with the bulk of the info they need to start. This user hasn't completed the Degree Planning Template, thus we don't know too much about their scenario.

My recommendation now has changed, if the OP has a Bachelors already, get UMPI to acknowledge it and go for their MAOL instead of the BABA, as their Bachelors may be a redundant degree, unless it's in a completely different subject matter. I would still go for a Masters vs a second Bachelors at the end of the day, the Masters will look better and trump the Bachelors at practically anything that requires "management/leadership".

Moreover, if all users can please provide details as per the template and addendum, the details they provide us will really help themselves determine a better course of action. So for instance, UMPI BABA Management & Leadership is a great option, but if they already have a Bachelors in ABC and need something for Management or Leadership, they can go for the UMPI MA Organizational Leadership.

The courses OP has right now are roughly going to be 10 UMPI courses and 10 transfer in courses from alternative credit, if they go the UMPI MAOL, it's just 10 Graduate courses, the energy, money, time involved should technically be better ROI/Value. Last but not least, they can also see if the WGU MSML would be better, in fact, that's a better choice than UMPI MAOL as they are in the US.

And if the OP actually has 119 credits + 21 Sophia.org credits, if they have some Upper Level, she can decide if Excelsior would work by taking 7 credits there. It all depends if OP has met the requirements for everything else, 7 credits from Info Lit, Cornerstone, Capstone and that's it...plus roughly $4K in tuition/fees. That would be another option other than UMPI.

(07-03-2022, 10:56 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hi... Basically, I merged your newest thread as the question you're asking has already been answered in my last post to you.  
Please click the wiki link above, as again, these are the suggested courses that you're looking for... Good luck, happy studies!

Hey CheungCheung! glad to see your response!
i am feeling sorry if i get you confused, well i am actually posting this thread for finding a quicker way to finish courses (like whether learn in UMPI or STUDY.COM), for example i heard that its better to learn English Composition II at UMPI, cuz there is only short assignment needed

(07-03-2022, 01:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically the OP has about 20 or so courses left to complete, my suggestion for them is exactly the same to my previous post - delay enrollment, complete as many they can to transfer and complete as close to the minimum of 10 courses at UMPI.  Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid370325

However, after your post and reviewing OP's details again, they may already have a Bachelors degree!  If that is the case, my recommendation/suggestions will change... As I usually like to do, point people to the "New User - Degree Planning Advice Template" and/or the "Wiki" with the bulk of the info they need to start.  This user hasn't completed the Degree Planning Template, thus we don't know too much about their scenario.

My recommendation now has changed, if the OP has a Bachelors already, get UMPI to acknowledge it and go for their MAOL instead of the BABA, as their Bachelors may be a redundant degree, unless it's in a completely different subject matter.  I would still go for a Masters vs a second Bachelors at the end of the day, the Masters will look better and trump the Bachelors at practically anything that requires "management/leadership".

Moreover, if all users can please provide details as per the template and addendum, the details they provide us will really help themselves determine a better course of action.  So for instance, UMPI BABA Management & Leadership is a great option, but if they already have a Bachelors in ABC and need something for Management or Leadership, they can go for the UMPI MA Organizational Leadership.  

The courses OP has right now are roughly going to be 10 UMPI courses and 10 transfer in courses from alternative credit, if they go the UMPI MAOL, it's just 10 Graduate courses, the energy, money, time involved should technically be better ROI/Value.  Last but not least, they can also see if the WGU MSML would be better, in fact, that's a better choice than UMPI MAOL as they are in the US.

And if the OP actually has 119 credits + 21 Sophia.org credits, if they have some Upper Level, she can decide if Excelsior would work by taking 7 credits there.  It all depends if OP has met the requirements for everything else, 7 credits from Info Lit, Cornerstone, Capstone and that's it...plus roughly $4K in tuition/fees.  That would be another option other than UMPI.

and well basically what i got is a certificate... more like Associate Level of study without an undergraduate degree,
i know that bulk of courses might get me stressful, especially when i am preparing my GMAT&TOEFL Test as well as doing a full-time job.
But i really need to get started asap, i will need a degree to apply for some top Master Program, if i could not finish my courses in one session, that would literallyy be ok.
Thank you so much for your concern anyway!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BLS Degree Options Question dm.hans32 3 176 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BLS Management Minor Degree Plan mohelena02 4 392 04-12-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: mohelena02
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,557 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Am I on the right path for any BLS degree rme1987 11 515 03-27-2024, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Transfer and see what transfers, BEFORE starting the degree? ecdw94 8 504 03-24-2024, 01:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Non-Degree Enrollment PreLawCoastie 0 241 03-02-2024, 06:33 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  I earned an Honors BLS Degree with Two Minors in 8 days!! basicunitoflife 34 3,644 03-01-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: laknight
  Help with getting a degree ASAP Talia99 3 337 02-27-2024, 04:36 PM
Smile BAS UMPI Degree Planning Questions Chimera 6 634 02-25-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Does spain/EU accept UMPI degree? Solden81 4 484 02-21-2024, 08:30 PM