Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Plan Help?
Hi!

I wanted to apply for a ABSN program next year, so I'm hoping to complete a bachelors within the next 3-9 months. I have no credits thus far (at least none from a regionally accredited college) and I think I'm interested in the B.S. in Healthcare Administration degree, but I'm not sure how to go about utilizing the information in the forum. (I've found it leading to dead-end wiki pages for the most part.)

If I could get some assistance, that would be great! 

Thank you!
You're likely not going to finish a healthcare administration degree in less than a year. Some might tell you to get a liberal studies degree because it's the fastest, but I think you should earn something you can use just in case you don't get into a nursing program right away, or you drop out of the program. There are a lot of people applying to nursing programs, so competition is high.

I recommend completing the prerequisites at a community college. Many schools won't accept ACE courses.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(05-12-2019, 02:26 PM)sanantone Wrote: You're likely not going to finish a healthcare administration degree in less than a year. Some might tell you to get a liberal studies degree because it's the fastest, but I think you should earn something you can use just in case you don't get into a nursing program right away, or you drop out of the program. There are a lot of people applying to nursing programs, so competition is high.

I recommend completing the prerequisites at a community college. Many schools won't accept ACE courses.

Understandable! 

Thanks for the insight. I'll look to see if I can complete my science core classes at the New Mexico Junior CC and then figure out what CLEP exams I'll take for now.

Thank you!
(05-12-2019, 04:37 PM)scarletrosaria Wrote:
(05-12-2019, 02:26 PM)sanantone Wrote: You're likely not going to finish a healthcare administration degree in less than a year. Some might tell you to get a liberal studies degree because it's the fastest, but I think you should earn something you can use just in case you don't get into a nursing program right away, or you drop out of the program. There are a lot of people applying to nursing programs, so competition is high.

Understandable! 

Thanks for the insight. I'll look to see if I can complete my science core classes at the New Mexico Junior CC and then figure out what CLEP exams I'll take for now.

Thank you!

Make sure you complete the science courses for science majors. NMJC doesn't always make this clear.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(05-12-2019, 01:10 PM)scarletrosaria Wrote: Hi!

I wanted to apply for a ABSN program next year, so I'm hoping to complete a bachelors within the next 3-9 months. I have no credits thus far (at least none from a regionally accredited college) and I think I'm interested in the B.S. in Healthcare Administration degree, but I'm not sure how to go about utilizing the information in the forum. (I've found it leading to dead-end wiki pages for the most part.)

If I could get some assistance, that would be great! 

Thank you!

If your goal is a bachelors in nursing why not just skip the first bachelors and go for a regular BSN. Hopefully your chose a school that accepts CLEP, DSST and (if your school accepts them) ACE/NCCRS credits for your non science courses like humanities and such. Many schools even offer they own credit by exam to test out of class. You could even take New Mexico CC courses and transfer them in to make it faster or even your local CC. Just my thoughts, but I think just going for a BSN but trying to speed up the gen eds and electives seems easier, cheaper and faster than getting a whole different bachelors degree first.

At this rate it is impossible to a degree from any school in 3 months and from start to degree conferral maybe could be done in 9 months, but it would take a lot of planning and work. Even then, it would probably stretch past 9 months especially for a health care major. But if you would like to go this route it can be done, just be aware even for ABSN there still will most likely be certain science courses you might have to take as pre-reqs and usually these have to be in person and credit exam won't count for these.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,448 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 478 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 765 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,178 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,700 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 950 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  These Rural Texans Opted Out of a Degree. This Community College Wants Them Back LevelUP 1 374 12-22-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Avidreader