Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Degree course to pursue MA in Human Rights
(09-14-2017, 07:24 PM)eriehiker Wrote: https://micromasters.mit.edu/dedp/

What a cool find! Am I reading this right, these are undergrad courses? Have you (or anybody else) done the courses and transferred them in to TESU/EC? What courses did they fill on your requirements?

Or...wait...they're grad level to apply for their Masters? The term MicroMasters is throwing me off.
Working towards BALS at TESU

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 
Language and Literacy in Education (OnlineDegree)

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

Free: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Professionals

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
bjcheung77 do you happen to know which countries are on the 25 Developed Countries list for NationsU? I've tried my phone and two different browsers on my computer and the only link they provide that I can find is broken.
Could anyone clarify for me the timing of credit evaluation at TESU? What I'm reading is that I need to apply before they'll evaluate. So pay $75, they take a month to evaluate my credits...do I start working on courses I likely need for my degree as I wait? Or is it better to see how they configure my credits first so I'm not taking a test to fill a course that my previous classes already fulfilled?

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
Music 
Taking into account the previous look, Nations University did a nice job upgrading their Website. It has a more appealing and clean feel to it.

[Image: new_website_01.png]
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
How do you find jobs in human trafficking? I am very interested in that field as well. I was thinking of going to a local volunteer thing but will see.

I work in IT now. so it is a little different than fighting human trafficking.

I have been reading books on human trafficking and would like to learn more and get more involved.

BTW nations university 84 credits for Masters in Divinity that is insane.  I will be there for 4-5 years with having to do that many credits
TESU BSBA (Dual Degree)
Computer Information Systems
General Management

Completed June 2017

For those wondering:
CIS AOS-
TEEX- Bus for IT + IT Professional = 4 UL
Study.com- Digital Marketing = 3 UL
University- Hardware Support Esentials = 4 LL C
Ed4credit- MIS = 3 UL C
SL- C++ Programming 4 UL
CSU Global - System Analysis & Design = 3 C

Gen Man AOS-
Study.com- HRM, Digital Marketing,
SL - Cost Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Organzitional Behavior.
DAU- Contact Administration, Defense Procurement Management

Link: http://nationsu.edu/catalog/general/#fee...ion-policy

Registration and Tuition fees. A onetime initial registration fee of $25 applies to all students who reside in the countries listed below.
An annual tuition charge of $960 per year applies to any student who registers after December 31, 2015, and whose official residence is in one of the twenty-five “Developed Countries” listed below. Territories are reckoned as part of their parent nations (e.g. Aruba is part of the Netherlands; Puerto Rico belongs to the United States). This tuition fee covers as many courses as a student can complete within a twelve-month period, beginning at the date of registration.

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States.

The tuition charge is waived for students incarcerated in the U.S. and for students who reside in any country not listed above.

(09-15-2017, 04:44 PM)Doodlebabe Wrote: bjcheung77 do you happen to know which countries are on the 25 Developed Countries list for NationsU? I've tried my phone and two different browsers on my computer and the only link they provide that I can find is broken.
Could anyone clarify for me the timing of credit evaluation at TESU? What I'm reading is that I need to apply before they'll evaluate. So pay $75, they take a month to evaluate my credits...do I start working on courses I likely need for my degree as I wait? Or is it better to see how they configure my credits first so I'm not taking a test to fill a course that my previous classes already fulfilled?

Pay for admission, send in your transcripts, do courses you know you'll need such as your general education or area of study courses.  Get a spreadsheet up and running for reference and tracking of your progress.  Check the Beginners Guide post #5 for a copy of a generic BALS/BSBA for use.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-15-2017, 05:41 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Link: http://nationsu.edu/catalog/general/#fee...ion-policy
Get a spreadsheet up and running for reference and tracking of your progress.  Check the Beginners Guide post #5 for a copy of a generic BALS/BSBA for use.

Thank you!

(09-15-2017, 05:11 PM)yb1 Wrote: How do you find jobs in human trafficking? I am very interested in that field as well. I was thinking of going to a local volunteer thing but will see.
I work in IT now. so it is a little different than fighting human trafficking.
I've been following anti-trafficking organizations and leaders for around 5 years now. There are MANY ways you can get involved, both as a paid employee and volunteer. IT is definitely needed so your skills could come in handy when applying for positions. For example, the Polaris Project uses dark web tracking on websites like Backpage to find traffickers and rescue victims. There are multiple companies creating realistic virtual characters and using them as bait to find those using illegal sexual services. There are options with the UN, the Hague, International Justice Mission (if you're religious), A21 Campaign, Dressember, literally countless options. A quick Google search would bring up hundreds of NGOs fighting labor and sex trafficking.
As for volunteering, be prepared for a LOT of training before being allowed to participate. Work with sex trafficking survivors tends to be more training intensive than labor trafficking. Some non-training options: participate in the End It Movement or Dressember (if you're male you would wear a bowtie instead of a dress). I'm female and live in the Portlandb OR area, a trafficking hotspot. So I joined the Junior League which is currently focusing on ending violence against women and children. Next week I have two meetings regarding trafficking, what's going on in my area, and opportunities available to League members to volunteer with organizations working on these issues. In the coming months I'll be volunteering at a trafficking survivors safe house through the League and hope to join the trafficking committee. If you live in a hot spot (you may be surprised!) check with your local county office, police department, and women's shelters to see what options you may have to get involved.
It's hard work and most people burn out quick. But if you're dedicated, educated on the issues, and open to grueling, unglamorous, sometimes infuriating work (particularly when justice isn't served) it's a field that definitely needs people fighting on the front lines.
Oh and foster care! Immigration rights! These people are our most vulnerable to being trafficked and both sectors are always in desperate need of volunteers! This is a great way to "get your hours in" so to speak as well as get your feet wet.

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 

Completed:

Quick questions!
1) Has anyone done the BALS here and was accepted into an MBA program (Patten, Hodges, or elsewhere)? Patten and Hodges don't sound like they care about major at all as long as the grades and coursework are correct but my husband wants verification. He was going to do BSBA, realized it would be quicker and cheaper to Shmoop out a BALS, but wants to make sure he can still get his MBA.
2) With all these credit changes on Study and ALEKS should either of us be worried that the UL courses on Shmoop will be reverted to LL? If we do these before an announcement is made will our test dates be honored as having been completed before the change?
3) Applications will be done tonight. Transcripts will be sent tomorrow. Is there any hope that we can meet the March graduation deadline? Hoping to sign up for Capstone immediately (we both only have about 19-24 courses left to take, depending on how credits transfer and we move fast when motivated!) but scared TESU will rest on their laurels evaluating our credits.

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 

Completed:

Most MBA programs will require certain business courses as prerequisites (some might accept experience instead). If he doesn't do them as part of his degree, he might be required to take them later. It is often not stated that way. My son applied to an MBA program, and the way they did it was to "waive" certain courses since he was a recent graduate with a BSBA and had taken them already.

As always, the sooner the better on getting courses transferred if you're worried about changes, although none are even rumored. An extra ACE transcript fee may be a small price to pay for peace of mind. As long as he gets into the Nov term for the Capstone, it should be no problem meeting March graduation.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Hmmm, I'll have him call Patten and Hodges than. Neither of them mention a specific undergrad, just a need for microeconomics classes, but with the end goal being an MBA I think he'd rather keep his options open. Unless MBA programs accept work experience? He's worked at a bank for the past 7 years, half of which in management.

As for course changes, I think it was BigDaddy who mentioned a change in several of his required courses and I'm pretty sure he's doing a BSBA (I could be completely wrong though. Trying to find the thread now.)

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 

Completed:

Patten only requires microeconomics and college algebra. I don't think Hodges requires anything. MPA programs have less mathematics and normally don't have as many, if any, prerequisites.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 5 108 4 hours ago
Last Post: smartfion
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 596 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,235 04-18-2024, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,951 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 212 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,177 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,309 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 174 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 931 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 584 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM