Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree plan Finalization
"As the courses for Study.com change to LL on 1/1/2018."

What exactly does this mean? I have been lurking these forums for a few days trying to decide if I should take this plunge and finally decided to go for a BSBA from TESU. I sent in my application and $75 last night and was waiting to see what courses I've taken will be available for transfer credit (5 semesters worth of mostly gen ed classes). Most of the templates I have checked out rely pretty heavily on credit from study.com especially the UL courses. So it just dawned on me as I was typing that you guys mean they will only count as lower level courses. Would it be a good idea to try and bang some of these upper level classes out first before they expire or is there plenty of other options out there and no reason to panic? Smile

Thanks for all the wonderful info that you all post here it's all been very helpful for me so far!
Will1975 - We're about the same age, haha... anyways, you shouldn't worry too much.
I would get you to follow my Beginners Guide Sticky (get the spreadsheet template).
Transfer whatever you have from previous schools to TESU and work on what's remaining.

I recommend doing my BSBA challenge in 4 months - backwards, Study.com courses first.
Then work on your Straighterline courses, finish it off with the ALEKS/Free courses.
I know it may take longer than 4 months, but that's the basics to it... have a look!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-12-2017, 04:49 PM)will1975 Wrote: "As the courses for Study.com change to LL on 1/1/2018."

What exactly does this mean? I have been lurking these forums for a few days trying to decide if I should take this plunge and finally decided to go for a BSBA from TESU. I sent in my application and $75 last night and was waiting to see what courses I've taken will be available for transfer credit (5 semesters worth of mostly gen ed classes). Most of the templates I have checked out rely pretty heavily on credit from study.com especially the UL courses. So it just dawned on me as I was typing that you guys mean they will only count as lower level courses. Would it be a good idea to try and bang some of these upper level classes out first before they expire or is there plenty of other options out there and no reason to panic? Smile

Thanks for all the wonderful info that you all post here it's all been very helpful for me so far!

Some of the Study.com courses are considered UL by TESU, although they aren't UL through ACE. So on 1/1/18, TESU will start accepting the ACE recommendation for those. BUT at the same time, Study.com is going to try to get some of these same courses UL at ACE. So I imagine that there will be some UL's that go through, as well as some that are downgraded to LL.

There are plenty of courses you can take through different providers, so my advice is to only worry about this if there are particular courses that you want to take through Study.com that aren't available elsewhere. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

BTW - most of what they are talking about here are UL Psychology courses, there's been no mention of business courses at this point from TESU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • mc.christi
What would be a good option through penn foster/straighterline for the final LL business AOS if Principles of Supervision did not work?

Will also need a single credit in the general education electives, I have a free course coupon from straighterline, any recommendations on something that will fit in there?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,155 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,817 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,621 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,752 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,942 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,938 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,305 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,656 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero