Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree plan for both human service and Sociology at TESU
Hello degree forum members
I am new to the forum and I am want to know has anyone
earn their degree in human service or sociology and tested out at least 80%. I am looking at Thomas edision college and want to inquire about finding a degree plan. Where can I find information on creating a plan. My plan is to work as a Special education teacher or case manager while attending grad school.
desireelws50 Wrote:Hello degree forum members
I am new to the forum and I am want to know has anyone
earn their degree in human service or sociology and tested out at least 80%. I am looking at Thomas edision college and want to inquire about finding a degree plan. Where can I find information on creating a plan. My plan is to work as a Special education teacher or case manager while attending grad school.

Though I'm not sure about your state, I believe that Special Education teachers have their own educational degree requirements that wouldn't be met by a degree in human services or sociology. And, again, I'm not sure about your state, but I think case managers have to be licensed, meaning you may have specific requirements there too.

My advice is to choose your end goal (where you'd want to be after grad school) and then build a path to that goal directly. Thomas Edison may or may not be able to help you achieve it, but knowing the license requirements first will help you - and help those here who want to help you- understand what courses or exams or majors can be used to attain your goals.

Welcome to the forum!
Here is a TESU sociology degree plan I made with testout options for all but 2 courses (including the Capstone course that must be taken at TESU):

JSD's BA in Sociology (after July 1st, 2015) | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

This is only the Area of Study options, but that page includes a link to general ed test out options as well, built by sanantone. There are a lot of other gen ed options we can find for you too.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thanks Jennifer!! My plan is to complete my bachelor degree in a liberal arts major because I want a degree that is versatile if later I decide to change careers. I plan to get a post-bachelor certificate in Special Education Teaching from a local university after I complete my degree. I"m trying to decide whether to attend Thomas Edison or Charter Oak College. Im from Louisiana so Im not sure if employers may be reluctant to hiring me because they never heard of these colleges.
Thanks Jsd! I see you just graduated. Congratulations. How was your experience with Thomas Edison?
desireelws50 Wrote:Thanks Jennifer!! My plan is to complete my bachelor degree in a liberal arts major because I want a degree that is versatile if later I decide to change careers. I plan to get a post-bachelor certificate in Special Education Teaching from a local university after I complete my degree. I"m trying to decide whether to attend Thomas Edison or Charter Oak College. Im from Louisiana so Im not sure if employers may be reluctant to hiring me because they never heard of these colleges.

There are over 2000 colleges in the US, and most employers won't have heard of most of them, especially if they're in another state. Here in CA, we have 23 state colleges in the CSU system, and another 10 in the UC system, and I don't even know all of them (and if I've heard of them, I have no idea what their reputation is, or where exactly they are in the state).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
desireelws50 Wrote:Thanks Jsd! I see you just graduated. Congratulations. How was your experience with Thomas Edison?

Thanks! I'm very happy with my experience. It was exactly what I needed - a way to consolidate all of my college level learning into a respectable degree. I'd do it again in a heartbeat (even sooner, if I knew better).
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,204 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,104 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,641 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,731 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,342 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,590 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic