Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice On Degree Options
(02-08-2024, 01:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm... Did they give you a decision already if they've accepted you for the March session? I think decisions are made already or at the latest after the transcript deadline tomorrow.  Do you have to pay to commit to the program?  I thought you start paying when you enroll,  committing to the program and enrollment are different...
From how it read, they wanted a commitment to get the audit.  I’ll have to lookm back.  I pushed to the next term, because I panicked that I’d have to commit and pay and I wasn’t ready.
In Progress: Bachelors of Science in Business Administration - UoPeople / University of the People

Completed: Pierpont Community & Technical College l AAS: Business - Dec 2023
Completed: Google Project Management Specialization - Jan 2024
Completed: Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce Specialization - Jan 2024
Completed: 108 Sophia Credits - 2023/24

It's all good, gives you time to make sure you transfer the remaining credits, and also take the extra time to finalize that decision for the degree or institution of choice. Excelsior, TESU, TAMUC, WGU, etc, are all in the running for you for max transfer, you just need to map out the remaining credits for each degree and decide what route to go. You can take this downtime as well to do some cheapie or freebie certs and credits that can be used as electives for those degrees and get a more rounded mix/match trifecta of certs, degree, experience...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I went back to my UMPI email, and I was definitely overwhelmed and confused, therefore read it incorrectly. I deferred my start from March to summer, so they placed me in that group for transcript evaluation. I don't know where I saw that I have to commit in order to receive that. Possibly in my UWisconson email, which i deleted because I decided not to pursue. I understand now that while I can commit to summer term and get the eval, that doesnt mean I will have to start OR pay for anything.

With that said, my confusion worked in my favor, because I did SO MANY Sophia courses in the time I panicked and differed.

UMPI is likely the best option for me, but I am just panicking about the workload, timing and cost. Someone mentioned to join the discord, for tips, but I dont even know what that is. Any insight on that?

Again, I am sorry that I posted incorrect information. I am extremely overwhelmed, and truly appreciate the time and effort you put into this board.
In Progress: Bachelors of Science in Business Administration - UoPeople / University of the People

[-] The following 1 user Likes TaraD2020's post:
  • ltw900rr
Things happen, take in everything as is slowly, and I repeat what I mentioned in post #12, here's the discord info: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...e-Discords
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I think I mapped out the BLS: Management Minor (not including my Project Management & Marketing Google Certs)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Looks like I would need to complete the following at UMPI:

Gen Ed - 1B - Engage primary & secondary sources, documentation systems - English Comp 2
Core - BUS 240: Change Management
Core - BUS 260: Leadership
Core - BUS 321: Human Resource Management
Core - BUS 415: Operations Management
UMPI UL Course
UMPI UL Course
UMPI UL Course
UMPI UL Course
UMPI UL Course

The only thing I am unsure of is if they will take my 15 credits of science, in place of doing a lab. Someone mentioned they did this for them. I am currently working on lab and spanish 1 with 6 days remaining in my sophia membership.

And if I use Business Comm in 2 places, I assume I would need to find another "core course" to take, or could I use an elective just for the 3 credits, since it wouldn't "show" as a duplicate if I use for gen ed?

[-] The following 1 user Likes TaraD2020's post:
  • ltw900rr
UMPI requires a LAB science - and the foreign language. I think if you focus on getting these two things complete before your membership ends you will get them done. I know you're probably feeling the time crunch, but remember you just need to pass them, not master them. Smile
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(02-09-2024, 04:26 PM)allvia Wrote: UMPI requires a LAB science - and the foreign language. I think if you focus on getting these two things complete before your membership ends you will get them done. I know you're probably feeling the time crunch, but remember you just need to pass them, not master them. Smile

Someone had just commented in a Facebook group that they took all of her sciences to cover that. But in working on it. Lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LVN/LPN to RN - options for (mostly) online education? studyingfortests 16 389 8 hours ago
Last Post: Duneranger
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 0 27 8 hours ago
Last Post: bigsquirrel7
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 1 73 Yesterday, 02:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,653 Yesterday, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 178 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,524 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 105 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 198 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 618 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,072 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM