Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help making Degree Plan.
Degree: BA Communication w/conc in New Media
Institution: Southern New Hampshire University
Goal: My goal is to finish my degree a fast as possible. I have other responsibilities but will make the time to get the things done in order to finish my degree ASAP. 

I have no clue how to use this site I've read many posts but I am still kind of confused so bare with me.

I attached my program evaluation because I wasn't sure how to format it on my own.

Attached Files
.pdf   Home - self-service.pdf (Size: 83.35 KB / Downloads: 14)
You may want to fill in the rest of the template & indicate whether you are committed to SNHU or are considering other options - see post # 4 from BJ: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

SNHU allows a max of 90 transfer credits and requires a minimum of 30 credits at SNHU (10 classes). They generally open 2 classes per 8 week term, so on average that makes it about 5 terms to complete 30 credits. After a couple of terms, you may be able to do 3 classes in a term if you do well on your classes, but that's a pretty heavy pull. You may have some harder to source classes in your major and concentration, which can mean you have fewer classes that can be transferred in and could need to take more classes/terms at SNHU.

Looking at your evaluation, it looks like you've transferred in 25.36 credits and could transfer up to 64 more (given no missing credits from your eval), so your actual count is closer to 89 total, leaving 31 at minimum to do at SNHU. Keep in mind that not all communication classes may be available on Sophia, Study.com or other similar sources.

You could use courses listed in the following to fill additional missing gen eds - the second plan listed has Sophia classes (not guaranteed, but several folks confirmed here and on Reddit that they were recently accepted for them) - For culmination (CLME), Business Ethics is reported as working.:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/SN...ts_Roadmap

For your major, Workplace Communication (COM127) can fulfill requirement # 1 and Public Speaking from Sophia (COM-212) should fill requirement # 2.

You can do pretty much any class via Sophia that was not already used for gen-eds or the major for the 22 free electives that you have left.
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
@erth2rue, Welcome to the board, in brief, I would do exactly what jg_nuy mentioned and transfer in the bulk of your credits through Sophia.org for first by following the links provided as well. Essentially, you should create a spreadsheet of the degree evaluation and requirements by following the WIKI for reference and progress tracking, store it on google or one drive as viewable (not editable), link us to that file and we'll provided recommendations.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You can use this guide to finish out your General Education requirements
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/SN...ts_Roadmap

Also, be sure to bring in 90 transfer credits to reduce your cost and time at SNHU. With that major, you should be able to transfer in enough credits so that you only have to take 10 courses at SNHU. If you keep the New Media concentration, this will likely add 4k to the total cost.

Here is some of what you need:

Major Core Courses

Sophia Workplace Communication
COM127 - Introduction to Communication

Sophia Public Speaking
COM-213 Public Speaking and Presentation Skills

12cr Major Electives

Sophia Business Communication
ENG220 - Business Communication

Sophia Visual Communications
GRA205 - Fundamentals of Design

Sophia Introduction to Web Development
IT270 - Web Site Design

Study.com Advanced Technical Writing
COM343 - Technical Writing Communication

Alt credit guide
https://www.snhu.edu/admission/transferr...ence#/home

Once you enroll in SNHU, completing your degree there will take you 8 or 10 months, considering you transferred in 90 credits. You can bring in alt credits for transfer after you enroll, though I suggest having at least 60 credits transferred before you start at SNHU.
https://www.snhu.edu/admission/online/term-start-dates
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Oh, and I forgot to add earlier, you may want to keep your options open, as you're looking for a mix of cheap, easy, fast. SNHU is not competency based, you'll be going at a slower rate than say UMPI BA English: Professional Communications & Journalism, I would look at similar programs to "New Media": https://www.umpi.edu/yourpace/academic_p...ournalism/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 60 11 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 156 Today, 10:04 AM
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 136 Yesterday, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,718 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 195 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,551 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 577 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 212 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 623 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,075 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM