Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU
2023 Degree plan
To explain the color coding
Completed - means I've already had those credits transferred and accepted
In Process - means I have plans to take but have not started
Pend Transfer - means I have completed the course or test and I am waiting for TESU to accept
TESU CLASSES - Courses I will take through TESU

I'm almost done with my 5th CLEP, Intro to Business Law. My last CLEP is Principles of Management.
I'll probably jump into my DSST's next. 

I'm probably going to start my TESU courses in June

Is there anything I should tweak? Any feedback is always appreciated.
I was thinking about doing College Composition CLEP (6cr) to complete my English Comp II requirement even though I already have credits for English Comp I
I'm also thinking of just doing PLA-100 just to get started and get an extra credit I might probably need anyway.
I noticed both the capstone and cornerstone say now that they are only offered Jan - June? You need 100 credits in order to start the capstone. 

https://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseCode=SOS-110&sem=
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(03-06-2023, 12:38 AM)LevelUP Wrote: I noticed both the capstone and cornerstone say now that they are only offered Jan - June? You need 100 credits in order to start the capstone. 

Most of their courses say Jan - June 2023. Is it because they haven't released the rest of the year schedule yet?

I will probably shoot to take the cornerstone in June and Capstone in Jan 2024.
(03-06-2023, 09:55 PM)Vin Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 12:38 AM)LevelUP Wrote: I noticed both the capstone and cornerstone say now that they are only offered Jan - June? You need 100 credits in order to start the capstone. 

Most of their courses say Jan - June 2023. Is it because they haven't released the rest of the year schedule yet?

I will probably shoot to take the cornerstone in June and Capstone in Jan 2024.

Ya, they'll probably update to include July-Dec by the end of June.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I am looking for some feedback on my Area of Study courses.  I'm pursuing my BSBA CIS at TESU and have completed most of my General Education courses.  I can transfer about 40 credits, and some depend on my GPA.  Since I know I must complete some courses @ TESU, here is what I think.

Area of Study (18cr) 12cr Must be UL
CIS-3010 Management Information Systems (UL) - @ TESU - 3cr
CS-3510 Software Engineering (UL) - @ TESU - 3cr
CMP-2020 Foundations of IT - @ TESU - 3cr
CS-3020 Systems Analysis & Design (UL) - @ Study.com - 3cr
CS-3030 Database Management (UL) - @Study.com - 3cr
CS-109 Intro to Programing - Tranferred 2cr

This leaves me with only 17 Credits.  Any suggestions for the remaining credit?  Or do I have to take a full course since this is AOS?  I have a strong IT background, so if I have to take a full course, I was leaning towards Operating Systems @ Study.com. Or do I have to take programming course?  I chose easy courses @ TESU in hopes that I can raise my GPA.

The other remaining courses I have are:
COM-2090 Public Speaking @ Sophia
SOS-1100 Critical Information Literacy @ TESU
PHI-1300 Intro to Critical Reasoning @ TESU (almost completed)
MAN-3300 International Management
MAN-3730 Business Communication
BUS-4210 Bus Capstone
Darn, I thought that link of your current credits from the previous thread would actually work and show us your completed credits.  Oh well, here's a good thread to review to understand where we are currently: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ppreciated

From briefly reading/skimming through, I'm still confused what RA credits you have and what residency credits you've completed.  You need 30 RA, 15 residency, the cheapest, easiest, fastest option to get the RA's is through TECEPs and for residency at TESU, any classes offered from them would work.  The residency requirements should be the classes you need, but you can take anything they offer towards residency.

From the list that you currently have, complete everything possible from Sophia.org/Study.com, only take TESU classes for courses that can't be transferred in or have an option for transfer.  You need 15 credits, that would be the cornerstone, capstone, 3 more classes or e-packs to your liking: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th...University

NO, transfer this in - CIS-3010 Management Information Systems (UL) - @ TESU - 3cr
CS-3510 Software Engineering (UL) - @ TESU - 3cr
NO, transfer this in - CMP-2020 Foundations of IT - @ TESU - 3cr
CS-3020 Systems Analysis & Design (UL) - @ Study.com - 3cr
CS-3030 Database Management (UL) - @Study.com - 3cr
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If it helps, here's the updated link.
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqhKFEdFM3UvtXSUwMJh...w?e=tSqZtn

I have completed my 30 RA credits using credits I transferred from college.
is it 15 or 16 credits I have to take at TESU

Update: I just read it's now 15 credits instead of 16 as of July 1, 2023. That saves me from needing to take an extra course.
It looks like the transfer course for Intro to Programming is not going to be able to be used because it's only 2 credits.
Yes, it's just 15 credits now for the residency credit requirement. You need to take a different Sophia.org or Study.com offering for the "Intro to Programming" option.

(01-02-2024, 01:47 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, it's just 15 credits now for the residency credit requirement.  You need to take a different Sophia.org or Study.com offering for the "Intro to Programming" option.

So it sounds like that I should ignore those 2 credits that were transferred. I am leaning towards the Sophia Intro to Python course.
Any CIS/CS class that will fit the bill can work for that particular spot, I think the Saylor.org $5 options would as well...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 34 599 4 hours ago
Last Post: crowbird
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 375 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 856 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 634 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 170 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 382 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16
Question My degree plan for TESU BA in CS; thoughts/recs? bruh 65 6,072 01-11-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  European seeking advice for a tech degree to study a master's in Europe unfinesredondo 5 658 01-04-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  TESU BACS planing help smtGate 8 555 01-04-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Business Core questions Yenisei 8 545 12-07-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Yenisei