Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree planning advice
(11-02-2023, 04:00 PM)Oktoberfest Wrote: Quick status update:
Term 1 went well. I finished 8 courses successfully.
Now, in Term 2, I submitted already two finals and have another two courses left to finish studies.

I meanwhile added another minor to my degree, did two more Google certificates on coursera.

So to sum it up, I will finish the BABA M&L with MIS minor and PM minor.

This is genuinely inspirational. Great stuff Oktoberfest!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FM1's post:
  • Oktoberfest
Oktoberfest, so you're not doing the double concentration I mentioned about, and instead doing the MIS/PM double minor... Cool, I wonder what the course differences would be, or if there are any extra courses that are missing going the minor route. If it's the same number of courses for the concentration as the two minors, it may look better with a PM&IS concentration. BTW, Two sessions with that completed is amazing work, great job! You're also working on the trifecta I recommend, certs, degree, experience...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Oktoberfest
FYI, I received the final grade for my last course today. Decided against a double concentration as discussed earlier and keeping the double minor. The difference is solely one course but I decided against it. Now trying to squeeze in some more ACE credited IBM certs.

What's next tho? Bachelor in CS at Metropolia? ENEB? I like it cheap and fast...

P.S.: Actually I have calculated to have 189 credits as of today on my final transcript. So going to break that 200!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oktoberfest's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
Oktoberfest, do you still have time to complete that 'one' extra course to get you the concentration? If so, you can have that added to your transcript... you'll be closer to that 200... depends on what you're looking at, it doesn't really matter as long as you've already met your personal goal.

4 weeks left but won't risk that summa any more now.
I find that the BABA M&L with MIS and PM minors sounds and looks better compared to the double concentration M&L + PM (which includes MIS)
Tried to inform about my master options. Surely stumbled upon ENEB, even considering to purchase the MBA/Master there but with the eadditional isabel diploma and exam costs that's much more than 500€. Still good tho. I like the exam idea as it will be quick to complete but unsure about the usefulness in my case.

Researching finnish studies, I myself am located in germany. But even the Bachelor at metropolia sounds good. Any recommendations / options for a cheap and 100% online plus quick master in my case? Shouldn't be more what i paid already at UMPI (= 2 term pricing).
I received my conferral today. had to wait really long and it felt endless.

It's summa cum laude:
BABA management & leadership with minors in project management and management information systems.

I am here to say thank you for all the work you do here. Without this forum and it's wiki I never ever would have begun to study. God bless all of you people here who motivated me and gave me all the answers on my questions.

Thank you very much.
[-] The following 2 users Like Oktoberfest's post:
  • faresayari, Jonathan Whatley
Great work! Congrats on completing the degree! On with the next chapter in your educational journey...

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Oktoberfest

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 53 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 146 7 hours ago
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 127 Yesterday, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 72 Yesterday, 12:53 PM
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,712 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 195 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,550 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 118 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 212 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 623 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32