Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DegreeForum alumni check-in
TESU - BALS - December 2020

DegreeForum was absolutely key in my completing my bachelor's degree 40+ years after I first started college.  I would occasionally pop on to see what others were doing and after our work went remote in March 2020 I popped in and saw a post that Sophia courses were free through July 2020.  I immediately signed up for, and took, possibly every available course they offered offered- completing 67 ACE credits in about 4 months.  

In July I sent my 57 RA credits (from early 80s!) along with my Sophia credits to TESU and EC for an evaluation and TESU came back with my needing 4 courses to complete a BALS and EC came back with my needing 6 courses.  I chose TESU with an August start and then returned to this forum to find 2 UL ACE courses.  I then got permission from my TESU advisor to transfer in TEEX Death Investigations and SDC Advanced Technical.  

That just left the cornerstone and capstone, both of which I took in the August term.  After 40+ years I earned my degree in December 2020.  DegreeForum helped me check off that box (and enabled me to get a promotion).

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!   Smile
Quit college, got a few credits about 20 years ago. With the info on this forum I was able to get 2 associates and a bachelors over the last year. Total cost probably less than $10K all paid out of pocket = no debt.
1) Pierpont C&TC, 2021 - Associate of Applied Science, area of emphasis: business
2) UMPI, 2021 - Bachelor of Applied Science, minors: management, accounting
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (49): ASU, 7; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16+3) : UoPeople, 16; Penn Foster, 3 (taking)
Next steps:
1. Spring'22 - jumping on the-free-term-at-STC bandwagon!
2. Spring'22 - starting MSML @ WGU!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI
Just saw it and realized I forgot to mention it:

WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 (pre-Pierpont craze, zero cost except for sending transcripts, they did send a transcript with my diploma)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clackamas CC ARPA Payment - check your student email! ctcarl 4 351 08-13-2021, 08:31 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Check this course list gams007 3 412 12-18-2020, 02:42 PM
Last Post: dfrecore