Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DegreeForum mentioned on the TESU blog!
https://blog.tesu.edu/how-i-graduated-co...-one-class

Hey, we got some recognition!  I'm sure the author is a member, although for anonymity I don't blame him for not wanting to out himself.  Good post!

Quote:Luckily, I learned that others had gone before me in this quest to get a degree as quickly and inexpensively as possible. Their knowledge is shared freely at a very special (to me, at least) place called degreeforum.net. Without that resource, I would have made mistakes that definitely would have cost me time and, likely, money that I could not afford to waste.
[-] The following 1 user Likes aviator guy's post:
  • zapproximator
OMG! They all know about us now. Marc was our only spy.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • Joeman200
Great. TESU is on to us for sure. Quickly acquire alternative credit before they shut us down. First it was a capstone.....
And here: https://blog.tesu.edu/5-resources-to-hel...on-mentors
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018
[-] The following 1 user Likes Joeman200's post:
  • quigongene
When you read some older posts, TESU seems to have better mentors and advisors here than at the real school. Smile
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

I saw a graduate's story on their Facebook page. So cool that they would feature it considering that if more students go this way it means less classes taken at TESU but then again their graduation rates go up.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
TESU is probably well aware of DegreeInfo and DegreeForum, I think at least 4 years from Joeman's link.
Saylor.org also mentions this site and DegreeInfo as well for "getting more info". Both boards are awesome.
Further to that, Saylor.org has an older list of FREE/affordable credit courses... some updates are required.
You can find it at the bottom of their page, link: https://www.saylor.org/credit/#available-courses
Some of their courses are "aligned" to third-party exams: https://www.saylor.org/credit/third-party-credit-exams/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Murdockb
Marc, who heads a department at TESU, has been posting here for years. If the rest of the higher-ups didn't already know about the forum, Marc probably told them. It's just kind of unsettling that TESU is probably monitoring this forum to make decisions that make completing a degree less flexible and more expensive.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • jsd
(01-13-2018, 12:16 AM)sanantone Wrote: Marc, who heads a department at TESU, has been posting here for years. If the rest of the higher-ups didn't already know about the forum, Marc probably told them. It's just kind of unsettling that TESU is probably monitoring this forum to make decisions that make completing a degree less flexible and more expensive.

Why? They have no incentive to create obstacles or user cost. More profitable? Sure, because even non-profits need to be sustainable. If TESU doesn't make money, we don't have a college. But making it harder for the sake of making it harder doesn't match their mission or make sense financially.
(01-13-2018, 12:26 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 12:16 AM)sanantone Wrote: Marc, who heads a department at TESU, has been posting here for years. If the rest of the higher-ups didn't already know about the forum, Marc probably told them. It's just kind of unsettling that TESU is probably monitoring this forum to make decisions that make completing a degree less flexible and more expensive.

Why?  They have no incentive to create obstacles or user cost.  More profitable?  Sure, because even non-profits need to be sustainable.  If TESU doesn't make money, we don't have a college.   But making it harder for the sake of making it harder doesn't match their mission or make sense financially.

I do think TESU keeps messing with the GEN ED to make it harder on students.  I do not see that same level at the other two?

I do understand ALL non-profits must make some money to break even.  Only the Feds can print money. Sad    That only explains EC.  Both COSC and TESU are taxpayer funded are they not?
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Have any DegreeForum alumni went on to teach in Japan? leland.kirk 9 3,185 09-20-2018, 03:00 PM
Last Post: zzzz24
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic