Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Design courses?
I've been searching all over the web for this but have not been able to find much, so I wanted to ask our community here and see if there's luck; by any chance, would any of us know of any affordable ACE-approved courses geared particularly toward those with graphic and web design experience?
Study.com has Digital Marketing and Advertising.
Do you have any IT certs? Charter Oak gives credit for many of them.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:Study.com has Digital Marketing and Advertising.
Do you have any IT certs? Charter Oak gives credit for many of them.

Thank you; I will look into that.

I don't have any at the moment, but I will be able to earn a few from this list within a couple of hours of work if they're accepted by them.
Not exactly what you asked for but sessions.edu is nationally accredited and has graphic design, web design, photoshop type courses, certificates, and degrees.

Thought it was worth mentioning.
To make sure I understand, you're looking for a way to get credits that make use of your current knowledge, right? Not learn a new skill?

If it's the former, there's this: https://www.sophia.org/online-courses/vi...unications

I breezed through it in a day. My background was in design for theatre/film rather than web/graphics, but the elements of visual design are pretty universal. TESU took it in as COM-231 Two-Dimensional Design.

ETA: not sure if this course meets your threshold for "affordable", though. $329 / 3cr might be too high for ACE for some folks.
COMPELTED
CLEP: Calculus (75), Precalculus (71), Info Sys and Comp Apps (78), College Mathematics (63), College Algebra (65).
SL: Calc I, Calc II, C++, Intro to Religion, Intro to Business, Business Ethics, Prin of Mgmt, Bus. Law, A&P I, A&P II
Study.com: Principles of Marketing, Microbiology
edX: Intro to Dif. Eq., Linear Dif. Eq.
UND Ind. Study: Discrete Math
APU/AMU: Linear Algebra, Mathmatical Modeling
TECEP: Nutrition
B&M: Far too many!
Do you have a design portfolio? Currently involved with any local colleges?

I earned a lot of my design credits by prior learning assessment (PLA) at local colleges I was enrolled in by just dropping off my portfolio for evaluation. The instructors went through it and gave me credits for courses they thought I didn't need to take... it did not cost me a dime. Both were art colleges, and I think they usually do that to lure students in. At any rate, when I transferred to TESU the FREE credits I got from those art colleges based on my portfolio came with me. I didn't have to write anything, nor did I have to jump hoops with TESU's Todd Siben for those... who I don't recommend dealing with. I think that man just wants to be more of a gate-keeper than actually being helpful to students.

Also, the Advertising & Marketing TECEP exams have a lot of crossover and I'd say are pretty relate-able to online marketing/advertising. For the cost of the TECEPs... I'd say use those to your advantage.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,292 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 877 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 689 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,442 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,767 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Review: Coursera Google UX Design Certificate nyjosh 4 2,599 02-26-2024, 04:30 AM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,032 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 575 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 328 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM