Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Designer Coffee Mug Set
I love coffee and took a long strange trip to my degrees. The college mugs in the picture are lined up in order:

1988 Bloomsberg University:
One semester of General Ed & Business Administration credits the fall after I graduated high scholl. Was so homesick I almost bailed halfway through the semester but my mother talked me into completing it before coming home. Thank goodness for the wisdom of moms. These credits were accepted by TESC when I enrolled sixteen years later.

1989 Middlesex County College:
Transferred the Bloomsberg credits and completed two semesters of General Ed & Business Administration credits. Yes, I quit one semester away from graduating with an Associates degree which I didn't realize until I applied to TESC. Apparently, the nineteen year old me was an idiot.

1995 - 1999 Middlesex County College (again):
After five years in customer service and purchasing, I needed something to set me apart from other candidates and move my career forward. Changed major to Dietetic Technology and went to Middlesex part time nights while working full time (brick & mortar, if online was an option at this time I didn't know about it) . Stuck with it this time and earned an Associates degree. Had a management job prior to graduation at a hospital I had done an internship in as part of the dietetics program.

2014 - 2015 Thomas Edison State College (not a university yet):
After sixteen years in healthcare foodservice operations management (deep niche), I needed a 4 year degree to move my career forward (my how times changed). Went back to the Business Administration major and transferred almost all of the credits I earned with my previous 3 college endeavors to TESC. Graduated with a Bachelors in Business Admin with an Operations Management specialization. A month after commencement, companies that would not respond to my resume before were now showing interest. Decided to go with Amazon and, due to management hiring freezes during peak (holidays) and a multi-stage interview process, I started with them in March 2016. The 4yr degree was a minimum requirement - once I had it I was screened in. Due to management experience, I was offered an L5 position instead of a level 4.

2016 Western Governors University:
Tired of times changing and needing to obtain degrees to play catch up, I went right into WGU for an MBA. So in a few years if a Masters is what's needed to stay in the race, I'll already have it (so there!).

It took four colleges (one of them twice) to have the education needed to adapt to the new normal. After my daughter is off to her own college adventure, I'm toying with the idea of a Doctorate. Gotta catch 'em all, right?

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">College Mug Lineup.jpg (Size: 51.09 KB / Downloads: 3)
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
This is great, I should start this. I wonder if Patten and my community college have mugs. I wonder if ACE and NCCRS have mugs, haha
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Ask and ye shall receive, at least for Patten:
PATTEN University Mug by PATTEN_edu
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Haha, well I guess should do this for real now
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
And my latest obsession has begun. I usually do t-shirts, hoodies, and hats, but they get old. Mugs however, those are eternal.

Metropolitan State University of Denver, College of Southern Nevada, Nevada State College, Rio Salado College, Ashworth College, Columbia Southern University, West Virginia University at Parkersburg, West Virginia University Institute of Technology, American Military University, at some point a Big 3 of course, and throw in a Phi Thetta Kappa mug and I'm set.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
jsd Wrote:This is great, I should start this. I wonder if Patten and my community college have mugs. I wonder if ACE and NCCRS have mugs, haha

Ha! I need Ace, Sophia and Penn Foster!
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
Great idea, thanks for sharing!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
that's a great idea! Fun!!
Nice! The Thomas Edison State College cup is bothering me, hope to see an updated one with TESU next time. Wink
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2018&stc=1][Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2019&stc=1][Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2020&stc=1][Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2021&stc=1]

There are some nice updated options in the TESU store.

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">mug1501-3.jpg (Size: 13.19 KB / Downloads: 1)
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">mug1501-2.jpg (Size: 13.3 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">mug1501-1.jpg (Size: 12.49 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">mug1501.jpg (Size: 12.28 KB / Downloads: 0)
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starbucks National Coffee Day 9/29/2020 - BOGO on next visit bjcheung77 1 800 09-28-2020, 08:53 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  FREE (for now) Ashampoo Home Designer 5 bjcheung77 2 1,154 07-06-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: JWells247