Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did TESU transfer this course?
I heard that Study.com courses Computer science 105 and Computer Science 305 can be transferred as operating systems.

has anyone had issues transferring the SDC computer science 305 course (has an assignment) into TESU?

I have found that a few people have transferred CS 105.
I did Comp Sci 105. It transferred in as COS-240 Operating System as shown on this page: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

I don't doubt that 305 can transfer in but I wouldn't do it unless you've already taken the exam.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
305 has an assignment.
I like doing courses with assignments and additional exams.
That's obviously up to you. Most people tend to prefer to avoid the assignments, when possible, due to the additional time requirements.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Interesting... I wonder why you started a new thread instead of "updating" the previous thread here, since the topic is the same courses and the same school: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...assignment

Anyways, there are only a handful of people who take overlapping courses unless it comes in as upper level credit. This is one of a few courses I actually took, along with the Comp Sci 105 as I was hoping it would be upper level - that hasn't materialized yet, 1.5-almost 2 years later, they have changed the assignment and broke it down from 1 to 2 instead though.

I am one of the weird ones who like to learn more in every course or subject I take, so taking the extra course was to make sure I "knew" the topics in 105 and also learn whatever newer info is in 305 as well - for the sake of learning. I have taken many overlapping Lower Level/Upper Level courses, such as their HIS 108 and 308 for Vietnam War just to get the Upper Level credits.

There are groups of people, some who want to learn more, others want the extra credit, then there are the weirder ones like me, who like to have a mix of both for a slightly higher cost. Another example, not many people have done what I did for the Business Capstone, to learn the topic I took the Penn Foster course and got credit.

But to retain the info, I took the last TECEP and that bumped the Penn Foster into Bus 480 - Business Seminar. Thus allowing me 6 credits to use for the degree (I didn't need it though)... there are so many tricks of the degree hacking world I have yet to test out... especially for TESU!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-02-2021, 01:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Interesting... I wonder why you started a new thread instead of "updating" the previous thread here, since the topic is the same courses and the same school: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...assignment

Anyways, there are only a handful of people who take overlapping courses unless it comes in as upper level credit.  This is one of a few courses I actually took, along with the Comp Sci 105 as I was hoping it would be upper level - that hasn't materialized yet, 1.5-almost 2 years later, they have changed the assignment and broke it down from 1 to 2 instead though.

I am one of the weird ones who like to learn more in every course or subject I take, so taking the extra course was to make sure I "knew" the topics in 105 and also learn whatever newer info is in 305 as well - for the sake of learning.  I have taken many overlapping Lower Level/Upper Level courses, such as their HIS 108 and 308 for Vietnam War just to get the Upper Level credits.

There are groups of people, some who want to learn more, others want the extra credit, then there are the weirder ones like me, who like to have a mix of both for a slightly higher cost.  Another example, not many people have done what I did for the Business Capstone, to learn the topic I took the Penn Foster course and got credit.  

But to retain the info, I took the last TECEP and that bumped the Penn Foster into Bus 480 - Business Seminar.  Thus allowing me 6 credits to use for the degree (I didn't need it though)... there are so many tricks of the degree hacking world I have yet to test out... especially for TESU!

Thanks for the input!

I posted on this thread (since it is TESU and not SDC).  The OS courses both have some overlap.  I think in the past TESU had an UL OS course. I do not know if it still there.

I see that your doing a BA in CS from TESU.  Are you taking any SDC courses for this?
(04-02-2021, 06:19 AM)onlinelearner99 Wrote: 305 has an assignment.
I like doing courses with assignments and additional exams.

Wait till you get to Computer Architecture.  See if your opinion changes on that  Big Grin
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • BadBradsBBQ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,975 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 225 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,574 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch