Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did clepping inspire you to go to grad school?
looking at the majority of posts on here, I've come to the conclusion that the majority of members decided to go to grad school after Big 3. Was testing out a deciding factor? Did testing out intellectually stimulate you?

~Just curious...

[SIZE="2"]LUCK DOESN'T EXIST![/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]"Luck? Luck is when you're at your desk until four a.m. every night chasing deals, and a few years later you look up and your broker tells you you're worth a few million dollars"-RYAN D'AGOSTINO
"You are your own worst enemy. You waste precious time dreaming of the future instead of engaging in the present. Since nothing seems urgent to you, you are only half involved in what you do. The only way to change is through action and outside pressure. Put yourself in situations where you have too much at stake to waste time or resources - if you cannot afford to lose, you won’t. Cut your ties to the past; enter unknown territory where you must depend on your wits and energy to see you through. Place yourself on “death ground,” where your back is against the wall and you have to fight like hell to get out alive." -The 33 Strategies of War[/SIZE][/SIZE]
While "CLEPing" has stimulated the space between my ears, I had already decided on a masters degree beforehand. So in my case, it was the reverse. The BA is simply the price of admission to the show (seminary in my case).
BA Social Sciences TESC 2009

CLEP
Humanities 64 | Intro Sociology 74 | Intro Psychology 74 | College Mathematics 60 | H.G. & Dev. 66
A&I Literature 65 | Educational Psychology 71 | American Government 67 | US History I 67 | US History II 72
Social Sciences & History 65 | English Comp 63
DSST
Civil War 61 | Substance Abuse 463 | Intro Computing 465 | Technical Writing 66 | Anthropology 66 | Prin. of Supervision 62
Enviro & Humanity 68 | Org Behavior 67 | Astronomy 60 | Ethics 467
ECE
World Population A | Research Methods in Psychology A | Adulthood & Aging A | Gerontology A | UExcel Political Science B

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Read My Story[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"] Tested out of 120 credits in 11 months. Started with [COLOR="Blue"]0[/COLOR] credits on April 20, 2008 - Finished on March 18th 2009
[/SIZE][COLOR="Navy"][COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#4B0082"]If you've been helped by someone on this forum then help someone on this forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]
I'm not sure if it is CLEPs that make me want to try grad school. I know that passing them has made me think I can do it, when I thought it would be too hard before... I think this forum and the distance learning forum have inspired me more than just testing out alone. Other people's success stories about what they accomplish after a degree at the "Big Three" makes me want to accomplish more higher education, too.
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
in short- yes!

I saved so much time and money that I thought I should keep going!
I haven't enrolled in grad school, but I am considering law school. I think part of the motivation of earning the Excelsior College bachelor degree was to prove to the world that I was as educated as those who had the piece of paper already. And now part of the motivation of going further would be to prove that my piece of paper is as good as anybody's piece of paper. Smile

-Gary-
Taking this route has saved me alot of time, so I can get on to grad school quicker!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
for me it's different. I always wanted to study... but had to drop for some reason or other. dropped like 3 times. with BIG 3 - they all are so flexible, most importantly they are not fake or degree mills. combined with all the options i had to complete my degree I know i could do it pretty quick. especially when I know if i have to go to a regular school again just to drop it.

But I will give real credit to all the people here on this forum along with Laurie Miller of BAIN4WEEKS.COM - you all guys made it possible.
Thanks
Thomas Edison - BSBA - CIS

My Degree Plan http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfpm6vr2_19g9zhksgf
Not yet, but maybe after I take some time off.
[SIZE="1"]AAS (Electronics), TESC-Done
BA Psychology, TESC-Done & waiting
Tests- Eng. Comp. w/ Essay-51, Principles of Mgmt.-59, Intro. to Soc.-62, US History I-66, US History II-61, Intro. to Psych.-68, Biology-55, A&I Lit.-62, Ed. Psych.-63, Soc. Sci. and History-63, Human Growth & Development-65, American Gov't-64, Tech. Writing-63, HTYH-64, Drug & Alc. Abuse-58, Org. Behavior-67, Prin. of Statistics-62, Intro. World Religion-68, Intro to Computing-403, Ethics-439. Research Methods in Psych.-A, Psych. of Personality TECEP-73, Abnormal Psych TECEP-74, Industrial Psych-71
Next-???[/SIZE]
YES!

First off I never thought I'd be able to pass a CLEP let alone the crazy ones I did pass...like Buisness Law where I have NO experinace, but it just goes to show what someone can do with some serious studying and the help of IC Smile

It saved me $$ and I wish I had tried it earlier so I could've CLEP'd more, ugh life lesson learned.

I did take a short break, I graduated in Sept 2008 and will start my Masters in Jan 2009 so I'm ready to get back to work and knock these grad classes out in a year!
[SIZE="3"]Laurie[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]BS Psychology from Liberty University
[COLOR="Red"]Starting MA Human Services: Family & Marriage, Jan 2009!
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Black"]CLEP'd
Educational Psych 61
Principles of Management 70
Intro Business Law 63
American Lit 61
Principles of Marketing 65
[/COLOR]
swisha2k Wrote:looking at the majority of posts on here, I've come to the conclusion that the majority of members decided to go to grad school after Big 3. Was testing out a deciding factor? Did testing out intellectually stimulate you?

~Just curious...

For me Clepping has just made it possible to realize my dreams...I have always wanted to be educated with a masters and a Phd too, just for the love of it, but I did not know how I had dropped out of regular College many times I stopped counting. I dropped out from Africa...to Europe to the USA until I heard about the big three and now I am five Tests away from a College degree (I always have to pitch my self when I write this coz it's almost too good to be true) and from tomorrow I could be saying 4 Test away provided I pass.
And now come fall 2009 I will be starting my MBA program and I know with any should of doubt (with life in me) I will go for a Phd I love the sound of being called a Doctor. Clepping has made me believe dreams can come true after all with a bit of effort and help of the wonderful people on this forum I can see the finish line
Mapalo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 677 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,754 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 251 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 678 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Canada's Newest Medical School - Opening 2026 at SFU bjcheung77 1 346 11-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Brown Medical School withdraws from U.S. News rankings allvia 2 462 10-30-2023, 09:51 PM
  How Technology Shapes Ideas - University of Chicago Graham School Charles Fout 0 270 09-15-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  ACSOM - Caribbean Medical School (New!) bjcheung77 9 1,156 09-05-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UK equivalent of high school diploma axa 8 4,708 09-01-2023, 08:13 PM
  High School online from the UK | 9 months, A Levels equivalent in the US elcastor21 7 693 08-26-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: elcastor21