Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between ACE and NCCRS?
I am doing into to comm with straighterline right now using the $50 off coupon, pretty easy so far and same thing, record speech and put it unlisted on youtube
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(08-25-2018, 01:42 PM)kietro Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 01:12 PM)katelynn Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 12:41 PM)kietro Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 12:08 PM)katelynn Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 12:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I think that WGU doesn't take NCCRS, but does take ACE - at least, that's what I've heard.

I would say that for Study.com, it's probably not going to be a problem.  But there are companies have ended up closing up shop, and anyone who took a course there would most likely lose out if that course was NCCRS.  If you can't get ahold of the company to send a transcript, you're kind of screwed.  But if the course was ACE, and you had added it to your transcript at the time, you're fine.  It stays in the ACE database, and on your transcript, no matter what happens to the individual company.

The course I'm considering is through Study.com, so I think I'll be good. I have to send TESU my Study.com transcript anyway, so the NCCRS credit shouldn't be an extra hassle to deal with.

I did the same thing and it worked fine for me. (The particular Study.com course I took, BUS 209, was NCCRS- but not ACE-approved. It is also listed in the Study.com’s TESU course equivalency list.)

Here’s a little more on this, for what it’s worth to anyone working on a COSC or WGU degree (sorry if this is common knowledge!)...

I ran the same course by the registrar’s office at COSC. They told me it wouldn’t transfer because it’s not ACE. However, COSC’s website says they take NCCRS. I pointed this out to COSC, and they acknowledged that they accept NCCRS, but that they couldn’t find Study.com’s BUS 209 on NCCRS’s list—although it is. I left it at that, but I assume that if I had sent them proof they would have accepted it.

I talked to WGU once and they suggested I “stay away from” NCCRS-recommended courses that aren’t also ACE. (In particular, WGU suggested Straighterline and Saylor courses, along with CLEP and DSST exams.)

Hmmm, well now I'm not sure what to do. I know each school is different, but I'd be afraid TESU would give me trouble over the NCCRS-only approved course. I'm trying to find a course that will satisfy the Oral Communication requirement but doesn't include any speeches. I might just have to suck it up and take an ACE-approved course with speech assignments even though I can't speak formally worth a crap.

If I hadn’t already fulfilled the public speaking requirement, I would have tried to satisfy it with Study.com’s COM-120 Presentation Skills in the Workplace. It’s NCCRS but not ACE. It transfers to TESU as COM-290 Presentational Speaking. The entire course is only 27 easy quizzes and a final. Just for fun (what’s wrong with me?), I took all the quizzes. I think took only an hour or so to get through them.

That's the same course I've been considering! I've read that it fills the oral communications requirement for some, but not for others, and that you may have to ask TESU to place it there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will work.

(08-25-2018, 05:02 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: I am doing into to comm with straighterline right now using the $50 off coupon, pretty easy so far and same thing, record speech and put it unlisted on youtube

Did I miss the $50 off coupon? This is is the first I'm hearing about it.
(08-25-2018, 08:15 PM)katelynn Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 12:41 PM)kietro Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 12:08 PM)katelynn Wrote: The course I'm considering is through Study.com, so I think I'll be good. I have to send TESU my Study.com transcript anyway, so the NCCRS credit shouldn't be an extra hassle to deal with.

I did the same thing and it worked fine for me. (The particular Study.com course I took, BUS 209, was NCCRS- but not ACE-approved. It is also listed in the Study.com’s TESU course equivalency list.)

Here’s a little more on this, for what it’s worth to anyone working on a COSC or WGU degree (sorry if this is common knowledge!)...

I ran the same course by the registrar’s office at COSC. They told me it wouldn’t transfer because it’s not ACE. However, COSC’s website says they take NCCRS. I pointed this out to COSC, and they acknowledged that they accept NCCRS, but that they couldn’t find Study.com’s BUS 209 on NCCRS’s list—although it is. I left it at that, but I assume that if I had sent them proof they would have accepted it.

I talked to WGU once and they suggested I “stay away from” NCCRS-recommended courses that aren’t also ACE. (In particular, WGU suggested Straighterline and Saylor courses, along with CLEP and DSST exams.)

Hmmm, well now I'm not sure what to do. I know each school is different, but I'd be afraid TESU would give me trouble over the NCCRS-only approved course. I'm trying to find a course that will satisfy the Oral Communication requirement but doesn't include any speeches. I might just have to suck it up and take an ACE-approved course with speech assignments even though I can't speak formally worth a crap.

If I hadn’t already fulfilled the public speaking requirement, I would have tried to satisfy it with Study.com’s COM-120 Presentation Skills in the Workplace. It’s NCCRS but not ACE. It transfers to TESU as COM-290 Presentational Speaking. The entire course is only 27 easy quizzes and a final. Just for fun (what’s wrong with me?), I took all the quizzes. I think took only an hour or so to get through them.

That's the same course I've been considering! I've read that it fills the oral communications requirement for some, but not for others, and that you may have to ask TESU to place it there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will work.

(08-25-2018, 05:02 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: I am doing into to comm with straighterline right now using the $50 off coupon, pretty easy so far and same thing, record speech and put it unlisted on youtube

Someone at SL told me they can pretty much always offer the $50 off. On August 4, they gave me a code to redeem it. It may still be good. I’m pretty new here and don’t quite know the etiquette... can I post the code, or is that something more suitable for PMing?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
(08-25-2018, 08:24 PM)kietro Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 08:15 PM)katelynn Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 12:41 PM)kietro Wrote: I did the same thing and it worked fine for me. (The particular Study.com course I took, BUS 209, was NCCRS- but not ACE-approved. It is also listed in the Study.com’s TESU course equivalency list.)

Someone at SL told me they can pretty much always offer the $50 off. On August 4, they gave me a code to redeem it. It may still be good. I’m pretty new here and don’t quite know the etiquette... can I post the code, or is that something more suitable for PMing?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

I'm quite new as well, so I don't know for sure. However, I've only ever seen people post about having coupon codes and telling people to send them a message if they'd like to have it, so maybe a PM would be the way to go.
[-] The following 1 user Likes katelynn's post:
  • kietro
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...de?page=39

Dedicated SL coupon code link  -  Here you can see the SL coupon code and post/ share new code .  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like mvk's post:
  • katelynn, kietro, mudball

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transferology question - how to find ACE and NCCRS? katsiki 4 526 10-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Credit banking and transcripting of ACE/NCCRS courses studyingfortests 1 800 09-10-2021, 09:38 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Difference between BSBA from TESU vs BABA from UMPI harrit 12 2,354 07-27-2021, 08:57 AM
  Difference between Certification & Licensure bjcheung77 2 1,006 10-04-2020, 06:43 PM
Last Post: BBryant165
Sad When even schools don't know the difference between NA and RA jsd 8 2,026 10-29-2018, 11:33 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  NCCRS credits questions xjarhead1999 7 2,331 03-22-2018, 04:24 PM
  Difference between Kindle and hard copy study guide for CLEP exams BeSmart01 0 1,110 12-21-2017, 09:27 PM
Last Post: BeSmart01
  TECEPs do not need ACE or NCCRS approval. Don't ask a school if they accept TECEPs. sanantone 11 2,437 04-12-2017, 03:59 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  NCCRS courses and Grad school tsimmns 1 978 04-06-2017, 11:56 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Saylor NCCRS all classes? morig 5 1,329 10-17-2016, 06:20 PM
Last Post: cookderosa