Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dine College: $55 per credit hour
Based on what I have seen so far with online courses this could really help some people. The costs are right and a few of the online courses are unique. It appeared that some of the psychology courses might be very helpful. Just from a TESU BALS-Social science standpoint, several of these would fit very well. Assuming the transfer in well this combined with testing and other sources may be another great source of credit with the costs.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
(04-20-2019, 04:47 PM)eriehiker Wrote: BTW, here's an interesting fall online class:

ENG 233 69 Intro to Native American Lit 3 Flexible Flexible

I know this is kind of like snipe hunting, but is Native American literature non-western literature?

It would be nice for someone who needs English credits anyway to take this course and then see how it transfers in, maybe petition to have it included as non-western lit.  We need more guinea pigs for these types of things!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-22-2019, 11:09 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 04:47 PM)eriehiker Wrote: BTW, here's an interesting fall online class:

ENG 233 69 Intro to Native American Lit 3 Flexible Flexible

I know this is kind of like snipe hunting, but is Native American literature non-western literature?

It would be nice for someone who needs English credits anyway to take this course and then see how it transfers in, maybe petition to have it included as non-western lit.  We need more guinea pigs for these types of things!

That class actually sounds really interesting. I'm not planning on taking any non-BSBA-degree courses anytime soon, but since I do like the idea of getting an English BA someday I would definitely be willing to try that out.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
Tempted to take their US History 1
Thanks for posting this very useful information. The class "Navajo as a Second Language" seems very intriguing to me. Although it appears to be campus based.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

If anyone who is not Native American applies to take a course there, please post if you're successful. I don't think it's clear, but I believe some of these schools are only for Native American students with proof ("Certificate of Indian Blood"). From the college application:

Quote:Non- Degree Seeking - Not eligible for Financial Aid and must submit Official High School Transcript & Official C.I.B.
Non-Degree seeking students are allowed to take up to take up to 6 credit hours. If a student wishes to take more than 6 credit hours, the
student must declare a major and submit all required documents.

(04-20-2019, 04:47 PM)eriehiker Wrote: I know this is kind of like snipe hunting, but is Native American literature non-western literature?

Unlikely. TESU's course description says "The term non-Western literature generally refers to writings by people in any culture or country except those of Western Europe, Ancient Greece and the United States."

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • Muldoon
(04-23-2019, 08:07 AM)Ideas Wrote: Unlikely. TESU's course description says "The term non-Western literature generally refers to writings by people in any culture or country except those of Western Europe, Ancient Greece and the United States."

It could be argued that Native American culture is not a culture of the United States, though I think that argument probably wouldn't be successful with TESU.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Admissions Requirements

For admissions to Diné College – New and Transfer students must complete and/or submit ALL of the following:

Admission Application with a non-refundable $20 application fee. Which must disclose the following:
Full Legal Name
Social Security
Mailing Address
Date of Birth, etc.
Additional Admission will be required for Bachelors Degree seeking students.
Official Certificatie of Indian Blood(CIB) or enrollment card (applies to registered American Indian students only and must match Full Legal Name.)
Offical high school transcript with graduation date or high school equivalency credential (GED, HISET, or TASC) with test scores.
Official college/university transcripts for other accredited colleges/universities previously attended.

Looks like it's Native American only.

EDIT: Well, maybe not. I think in order to get Federal Aid they have to be open to all races. This graph shows there are 20 non-Native American students enrolled: http://hooghan.dinecollege.edu:6700/idas...user=guest

I think it may be an issue of interest in going to a predominantly Native American school.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
I think admission requirements are different for degree-seeking and non-degree seeking, but I'm not sure.

(04-20-2019, 09:29 PM)geissingert Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 07:16 PM)eriehiker Wrote: https://www.dinecollege.edu/wp-content/u...Apr-15.pdf

https://www.dinecollege.edu/wp-content/u...Apr-15.pdf

Just open these PDF's and then in the center column, you will see "Online Course with Blackboard."
Are all these classes available online?

just open the pdfs and search for 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,486 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,177 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,532 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,924 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 230 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 496 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 389 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 728 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 205 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 244 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP