Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dine College: $55 per credit hour
Based on what I have seen so far with online courses this could really help some people. The costs are right and a few of the online courses are unique. It appeared that some of the psychology courses might be very helpful. Just from a TESU BALS-Social science standpoint, several of these would fit very well. Assuming the transfer in well this combined with testing and other sources may be another great source of credit with the costs.
(04-20-2019, 04:47 PM)eriehiker Wrote: BTW, here's an interesting fall online class:

ENG 233 69 Intro to Native American Lit 3 Flexible Flexible

I know this is kind of like snipe hunting, but is Native American literature non-western literature?

It would be nice for someone who needs English credits anyway to take this course and then see how it transfers in, maybe petition to have it included as non-western lit.  We need more guinea pigs for these types of things!
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ
(04-22-2019, 11:09 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 04:47 PM)eriehiker Wrote: BTW, here's an interesting fall online class:

ENG 233 69 Intro to Native American Lit 3 Flexible Flexible

I know this is kind of like snipe hunting, but is Native American literature non-western literature?

It would be nice for someone who needs English credits anyway to take this course and then see how it transfers in, maybe petition to have it included as non-western lit.  We need more guinea pigs for these types of things!

That class actually sounds really interesting. I'm not planning on taking any non-BSBA-degree courses anytime soon, but since I do like the idea of getting an English BA someday I would definitely be willing to try that out.
Working towards: TESU, BSBA-HR (87/120 units, goal to graduate in 2019)

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units Study.com: BUS 101 Principles of Management, BUS 102 Principles of Marketing, BUS 109 Computing, BUS 120 International Business (12 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior (3 units) TESU: Cornerstone (1 unit) Free Courses: Institutes: Ethics (2 units), Sophia: Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (2 units)

Currently Working On: Study.com: Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Managerial Accounting, Davar: Corp Communication
Courses Left To Go: Study.com (Finance, Org Theory, Employment Law, Leading Org Change, Microeconomics), Aleks or SDC (Statistics, College Algebra), TESU Capstone

Tempted to take their US History 1
Jennifer
10-year member

MS Applied Nutrition, 2014 Canisius College, NY
Premed/Prenursing Sciences, 2011 Ocean County College, NJ
BA Social Science, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AA General Studies, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AOS Culinary Arts,1990 Culinary Institute of America, NY

Homeschooling for College Credit
Thanks for posting this very useful information. The class "Navajo as a Second Language" seems very intriguing to me. Although it appears to be campus based.
Thomas Edison State University
  • B.A.L.S - 2019 (Complete, Awaiting June Conferral)
  • ASNSM, Computer Science.  2018.
Pierpont Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems. 2017 grad.

40 Credits from Stark State College(B&M). Heavy emphasis on Cyber Security
90 ACE credits (mix of Straighterline, Study.Com, and other sources)
10 Credits FEMA EMI Institute
Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CompTIA Network+, A+, Server+ certified.
If anyone who is not Native American applies to take a course there, please post if you're successful. I don't think it's clear, but I believe some of these schools are only for Native American students with proof ("Certificate of Indian Blood"). From the college application:

Quote:Non- Degree Seeking - Not eligible for Financial Aid and must submit Official High School Transcript & Official C.I.B.
Non-Degree seeking students are allowed to take up to take up to 6 credit hours. If a student wishes to take more than 6 credit hours, the
student must declare a major and submit all required documents.

(04-20-2019, 04:47 PM)eriehiker Wrote: I know this is kind of like snipe hunting, but is Native American literature non-western literature?

Unlikely. TESU's course description says "The term non-Western literature generally refers to writings by people in any culture or country except those of Western Europe, Ancient Greece and the United States."
Working on second TESU degree. 
First Masters complete.
TESU BSBA (with ASNSM) in March 2018.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • Muldoon
(04-23-2019, 08:07 AM)Ideas Wrote: Unlikely. TESU's course description says "The term non-Western literature generally refers to writings by people in any culture or country except those of Western Europe, Ancient Greece and the United States."

It could be argued that Native American culture is not a culture of the United States, though I think that argument probably wouldn't be successful with TESU.
Link to all credits earned: Link
Admissions Requirements

For admissions to Diné College – New and Transfer students must complete and/or submit ALL of the following:

Admission Application with a non-refundable $20 application fee. Which must disclose the following:
Full Legal Name
Social Security
Mailing Address
Date of Birth, etc.
Additional Admission will be required for Bachelors Degree seeking students.
Official Certificatie of Indian Blood(CIB) or enrollment card (applies to registered American Indian students only and must match Full Legal Name.)
Offical high school transcript with graduation date or high school equivalency credential (GED, HISET, or TASC) with test scores.
Official college/university transcripts for other accredited colleges/universities previously attended.

Looks like it's Native American only.

EDIT: Well, maybe not. I think in order to get Federal Aid they have to be open to all races. This graph shows there are 20 non-Native American students enrolled: http://hooghan.dinecollege.edu:6700/idas...user=guest

I think it may be an issue of interest in going to a predominantly Native American school.
Pierpont Community and Technical College - BOG AAS (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
G.E.D. (11/16/2004)

NEXT:
Charter Oak State College - BA, Individualized Studies or English
I think admission requirements are different for degree-seeking and non-degree seeking, but I'm not sure.
Working on second TESU degree. 
First Masters complete.
TESU BSBA (with ASNSM) in March 2018.
(04-20-2019, 09:29 PM)geissingert Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 07:16 PM)eriehiker Wrote: https://www.dinecollege.edu/wp-content/u...Apr-15.pdf

https://www.dinecollege.edu/wp-content/u...Apr-15.pdf

Just open these PDF's and then in the center column, you will see "Online Course with Blackboard."
Are all these classes available online?

just open the pdfs and search for 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College Composition Modular CLEP and Principles of Advance English Composition DSST TacticalTechie 6 2,192 05-17-2019, 08:50 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  Outcomes by College Major sanantone 7 299 05-15-2019, 06:23 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Crippling self doubt! (aka starting college at 40!) Mil0 118 5,468 05-08-2019, 04:57 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 39 41,957 05-07-2019, 09:42 AM
Last Post: sandrab
  ISO Free/Fast 1-Credit Hour Arts/Science Course [Excelsior] TheMaskedMutant 5 239 04-30-2019, 06:51 AM
Last Post: TheMaskedMutant
  Do CLEP scores have to be sent to a college in order to be seen? Mom23boys 5 234 04-20-2019, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Mom23boys
  Non-Credit Writing Courses harrypotter 11 347 04-18-2019, 02:53 PM
Last Post: SuZQ2
  Dallas County Community College District sanantone 0 104 04-17-2019, 01:02 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 1 226 04-02-2019, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Murdockb
  Questions on College Composition FishNDip 14 628 03-26-2019, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Merlin