Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Sciences CLEP.
Hello! This is my first post on this site! I have only one test Social Sciences and History standing between me and my BA and a move to Asia. I have thoroughly read this thread as well as all the others on this great site. I made a study guide with all the helpful information on these 8 pages and I am also looking through all the recommended flashcards. There are SO many flashcards it is daunting. I know someone on here said they passed only studying from this one thread which is amazing. I am currently studying everything on here too but am worried if I only study the material in these 8 pages I will still fail. Is the information here still accurate because it was posted awhile ago? Has anyone taken it recently that could please give me any advice? Or just any advice from anyone at all about any other areas of study? Thank you for any help!
This test was kind of a monster. Study all of the flashcards for psychology (intro, human growth) the history classes, sociology, and definitely brush up on economics. It's not to tough, it's "broad but not very deep" to quote freeclepprep.com's assessment of it.
BA Psychology - TESC

CLEP Biology - 56
CLEP Human Growth and Development - 56
CLEP College Mathematics - 54
CLEP Educational Psychology - 58
CLEP Social Sciences and History - 70
CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature - 59
ECE Psychology of Adulthood and Aging -B
ECE Research Methods in Psychology - B
DSST Substance Abuse - 429
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling - 53
DSST Intro to World Religion - 458
thank you for your help! I am currently studying other people's social sciences and clep flashcards on quizlet.com but will also look through the ones on instantcert there are just so many on this site for the subjects needed its terrifying!
Try some practice tests to see where you're at with your studying.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
I thought I had done a pretty good job studying but I just took the Clep test which has 74 questions and managed to get a whopping 40 wrong. I need to obviously study more of my history, geography and economics. It is just so broad it is hard to narrow down what to study and also hard to retain it all since I have been looking over so much. Does anyone know if the information in the specific feedback for the social sciences(as in the helpful questions and what people had on their test) is still correct? There are at least 100 things in there which I have also been avidly studying but have yet to see any of them in an online test. I am worried if I study those too hard that it would be my luck none would be on the actual exam. Thank you so much for your help!
Economics was a HUGE part of the test I took, so definitely brush up on that. Search here as others have linked to some great sites with info on it.
BA Psychology - TESC

CLEP Biology - 56
CLEP Human Growth and Development - 56
CLEP College Mathematics - 54
CLEP Educational Psychology - 58
CLEP Social Sciences and History - 70
CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature - 59
ECE Psychology of Adulthood and Aging -B
ECE Research Methods in Psychology - B
DSST Substance Abuse - 429
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling - 53
DSST Intro to World Religion - 458
I have looked through all the information on this board for this clep! Thank you for telling me about economics, I never took an economics class so will definitely brush up on that and it seems a lot of early american history is needed as well. Hopefully using some of the flashcards on instantcert, free-prep-clep suggestions and quizlet will help. Thank you for all your help everyone! Literally any other suggestions of areas of study or if anyone has taken it recently please let me know how it was!
Hello! I am sorry to keep bothering everyone on this site. I just took my first ever Peterson's test and I got 65 out of 120 questions right which just seems horrendous. Is it very much like the exam?
The Petersons are harder than the CLEP, but try to bring your PT scores up as high as possible, because you'll be better prepared in regards to what might be on the test, especially since this test is broad.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
If you can hit 60% on Peterson's, you should be able to pass the CLEP. If you have studied US History, American Government and Sociology lately, you are probably golden.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 399 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 505 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  International University of Applied Sciences (IU) acquires University of Fredericton. bjcheung77 0 560 07-01-2023, 01:39 AM
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,841 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 847 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  IU Applied Sciences - 50% off tuition until July 14 (online programs) bjcheung77 0 1,132 06-30-2022, 01:50 AM
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,306 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,639 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Torah College's A Social History of Jewish Food -- ISO feedback sammeecat 9 1,913 08-24-2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,268 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007