Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disasterous ProctorTrack Experience resulting in failed CLEP
We had a disasterous experience with ProctorTrack tonight. It died in the middle of my daughter's boyfriend's American Government test and when we finally got it back they said that his test was complete (it wasn't). We made at least 10 phonecalls to their 800# that connected but then sounded like the person on the other end was talking us from the bowels of hell. There was no way to actually understand what they were saying. We finally tried live chat and got someone to try to help. It was super stressful. 

After about 30 minutes they came back and said that his test was complete (it wasn't). After more stress and going back and forth, they agreed that his test wasn't complete. By then he was stressed and flustered and ended up scoring a 49 (he needed a 50 and he knew this stuff cold). Is there any way that College Board will let him retake it before 3 months considering the issues with their remote proctoring service? He has passed every single other CLEP he's taken with no issues. ProctorTrack was beyond ridiculous tonight.
Unfortunately, no, probably not. Your son's experiences don't seem to be unique and CollegeBoard doesn't really seem to care. Depending on which school/exam, it might be possible to do Sophia, Study.com, or another similar ACE source for identical credits, though.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
That's what I figured. I will try to call them today anyways, but I'm not holding out a ton of hope. They really need to use a different remote proctoring service. This one is terrible. Having to wait 3 months to retake the CLEP is annoying as heck. At that point, it will be April and he will be prepping heavily for APs. We are trying to get the CLEPs out of the way now. I'm not sure I want to have the kids use remote proctoring again after this experience though.
If you can use Study.com for credits, the proctoring experience there is much nicer and few people have problems with them. Not all schools accept Study.com, though, so it depends on where your kids plan to go.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-09-2023, 07:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you can use Study.com for credits, the proctoring experience there is much nicer and few people have problems with them. Not all schools accept Study.com, though, so it depends on where your kids plan to go.

I'm not sure about Study.com. The kids are dual enrolled at their high school and the local college. We are just going by what the local college accepts, which is listed as AP, CLEP and DSST. Too bad College Board doesn't use the proctoring service that study.com uses.
(01-09-2023, 08:24 AM)FloridaCLEPMom Wrote:
(01-09-2023, 07:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you can use Study.com for credits, the proctoring experience there is much nicer and few people have problems with them. Not all schools accept Study.com, though, so it depends on where your kids plan to go.

I'm not sure about Study.com. The kids are dual enrolled at their high school and the local college. We are just going by what the local college accepts, which is listed as AP, CLEP and DSST. Too bad College Board doesn't use the proctoring service that study.com uses.

If he's enrolled at a college, can he take the CLEP exams there in the future? I know some schools offer CLEP proctoring.
(01-09-2023, 10:29 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(01-09-2023, 08:24 AM)FloridaCLEPMom Wrote:

If he's enrolled at a college, can he take the CLEP exams there in the future? I know some schools offer CLEP proctoring.

Yes, he can proctor in person in the future. I think we'll go that route because Proctortrack was so awful this time around. I don't think we'll risk remote proctoring again unless College Board changes proctoring services.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Technical Writing TECEP - My Experience PreLawCoastie 2 620 03-14-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 149 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 469 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 768 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 494 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 639 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 410 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 454 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  What is Modern States? (AKA How to Take CLEP Tests for FREE) sgloer 1 1,991 12-10-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Dango375
  ACE Recommendations for several CLEP Exams expiring today jch 2 936 12-01-2023, 05:30 AM
Last Post: jch