Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ditch UoPeople for Walden?
(04-12-2021, 10:45 AM)cerich67 Wrote: Hellenic American University still has their program for $3,000 USD, Regional Accredited on offer.

I choose to do and started 2 weeks ago and so far quite enjoying
I thought the $3,000 deal was over. When I looked at their site last week it wasn't listed anymore.
*The $3,000 tuition cost is a limited time offer for new US students enrolling through our Nashua, NH campus. To receive the $3,000 price, students must be enrolled by June 7 or September 7, 2021. Limited seats are available for each term. Secure your spot now.

https://mba.hauniv.edu/get-an-mba-your-w...vSU8DPpkf8
(04-12-2021, 03:03 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
cerich67 Wrote:Hellenic American University still has their program for $3,000 USD, Regional Accredited on offer.

I choose to do and started 2 weeks ago and so far quite enjoying

@Vle045 - I highly recommend this option to you as well.  I was going to start the program, I've got that "deferred or delayed" until June 7 as I have a few things to do right now.  I am still really debating as there are live sessions, two a week.  If I can change my schedule around it, then it's a really good program, you can just take 1 or 2 courses a term and if you need, up to 2 years to finish the degree for a whopping $3K!  

(04-12-2021, 10:54 AM)Vle045 Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 10:49 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would use U of People as the "study/experience" option and for Walden, just take a course or two, don't need to rush through finishing anything.  Walden is RA and accepts both Regionally Accredited/Nationally accredited , even internationally accredited schools for transfer credit, up to 50% transfer to boot.  If I was in your shoes, I would finish the Marketing course at U of P and transfer it into Walden.  When the freebie term is done, pause it and leave it until there is a discount...  I would then continue taking more courses at U of P to transfer back into the Walden program and see if you want to finish with them, decide then.

That is an interesting approach although I think it said the free or discount term is for “new“ students.  No mention of returning students.  Do you know for sure if that is an option?

There is no "guarantee" for discounts on anything, practically any purchase out there, including tuition at any school.  As a precaution and a possible work around, I would just take the hit for a term at $2700.  If you finish two terms, it'll be just $2700 for the MBA - again, this program at Walden or the HAU option is a very good choice, you should decide which is better for you.

(04-12-2021, 03:54 PM)arad Wrote: *The $3,000 tuition cost is a limited time offer for new US students enrolling through our Nashua, NH campus. To receive the $3,000 price, students must be enrolled by June 7 or September 7, 2021. Limited seats are available for each term. Secure your spot now.

I was speaking with Dean Martin today planning out  my fall courses, the $3,000 scholarship special came up and it was expressed that "it is extremely unlikely the university will offer the same next year"/

Just a heads up if on the fence, the window, like so many awesome deals that pop up here, is closing and will be discussed in the rear view with a "wish they would do that again, do you remember when?"
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
Thank you all for the valuable feedback.  The Hellenic deal is off the table for me.  I did not have a 3.0 GPA.  I also do not want to ask anyone to write me a letter to take classes.  I will proably stick with Walden or maybe even WGU down the line.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • StoicJ
(04-12-2021, 03:54 PM)arad Wrote: *The $3,000 tuition cost is a limited time offer for new US students enrolling through our Nashua, NH campus. To receive the $3,000 price, students must be enrolled by June 7 or September 7, 2021. Limited seats are available for each term. Secure your spot now.

Thank you!
I decided to withdraw from the UoPeople class. Honestly, it is too much writing. I am just going to do the business related classes on Saylor Academy and get certificates until classes start at Walden. I don’t want to burn out on paper writing before then. When the free term is over at Walden, hopefully I will have a better idea of which direction I should take.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

(04-15-2021, 06:57 AM)Vle045 Wrote: I decided to withdraw from the UoPeople class.  Honestly, it is too much writing.  I am just going to do the business related classes on Saylor Academy and get certificates until classes start at Walden.  I don’t want to burn out on paper writing before then.   When the free term is over at Walden, hopefully I will have a better idea of which direction I should take.

Good plan. Since you mentioned in the other thread that you would want an RA MBA, I was about to point out that UoPeople is NOT an RA institution and would probably not meet your intended goals.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Vle045
Thank you Rachel. It probably seems like my posts/questions are all over the place, but this forum is actually extremely helpful as I try to flesh out what I want to do. I had no idea about NA vs RA or what that all meant.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

The educational process can be very confusing! I don't blame you for having posts all over the place. Your best option, IMO, would be to sit down and to think about what your goals actually are. I do think it would be wise to take advantage of the free term at Walden, but there are things to consider beyond that.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • StoicJ
(04-15-2021, 09:14 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Thank you Rachel.   It probably seems like my posts/questions are all over the place, but this forum is actually extremely helpful as I try to flesh out what I want to do.  I had no idea about NA vs RA or what that all meant.

Please allow me to further confuse you:

https://sacscoc.org/app/uploads/2020/03/State-Authorization-Letter-w-Diane-Signature-2.26.19.pdf

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,187 03-27-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 4 325 03-25-2024, 09:06 PM
  Walden university richlyblessed 7 1,348 01-02-2024, 09:30 PM
  MBA Programs Walden vs WGU vs Capella blahblahblah88 6 1,448 07-08-2023, 05:10 AM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  would like to talk to anyone who has taken walden university classes (graduate) TINASAM 8 1,432 05-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Cheapest RA CS/IT graduate program that accepts my UoPeople CS Bachelors? mastersDegreeDecision 7 1,585 03-14-2023, 11:37 AM
Last Post: kidneysmasher
  UoPeople Degrees accepted for University of London MSc Computer Science & more? JPN 2 1,258 02-07-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: debrag
  Walden University Fast Track PhD feedback Johmford 1 938 01-03-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning Supermind 44 10,145 12-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Walden psychology ARV095 5 920 12-22-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: ARV095