Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do ALEKS ACE courses apply to a TESU BA CS?
I'm new and trying to figure out if the ALEKS ACE courses apply to a TESU BS CS degree. For reference, the credit distribution lists these requirements.

Calculus I
Calculus II

Select one of the following courses:
Discrete Math
Linear Algebra (Calculus-based)

Anyone know if anything would transfer over to cover these? I'm trying to find out before the 1/31/17 ACE expiration.

Thanks
anthony24 Wrote:I'm new and trying to figure out if the ALEKS ACE courses apply to a TESU BS CS degree. For reference, the credit distribution lists these requirements.

Calculus I
Calculus II

Select one of the following courses:
Discrete Math
Linear Algebra (Calculus-based)

Anyone know if anything would transfer over to cover these? I'm trying to find out before the 1/31/17 ACE expiration.

Thanks

No. There are no ALEKS equivalent courses for the courses you listed.

You could still use ALEKS courses for other requirements (Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Intro to Stats, and either Precalculus or Trigonometry).
That's what I thought. Thanks for verifying.
Straighterline has Calculus I and Calculus II.
Saylor has Calculus I.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
I don't think those classes are even ACE reviewed - now some of the higher math classes from Edx and Statics.com are
TESU accepts Straighterline Calculus I and II as MAT-231 and MAT-232. They are listed as General Calculus I and II and are part of the ACP ecosystem.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
EdX did have 3 courses on differential equations that were ACE approved and counted for UL math. I have not seen them for a few months on EdX though. Hopefully, they will bring them back some day. I think right now Straighterline is the best option for calc I and calc II (still 4 credits each through ACP?) and APU (American Public University) for a large number of other upper level math courses to choose from.
If you took many math courses in high school prior to calculus, you will want the ALEKS credits anyway to meet various GE requirements. High school math is worth zero credits. And you can't use a course in two areas (eg. GE requirement and area of study).

SL for calc 1 and calc 2. APU for linear algebra to count it as UL. Discrete math can be taken at a community college since it will be LL no mater where you take it.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
homeschoolmom1 Wrote:EdX did have 3 courses on differential equations that were ACE approved and counted for UL math. I have not seen them for a few months on EdX though. Hopefully, they will bring them back some day. I think right now Straighterline is the best option for calc I and calc II (still 4 credits each through ACP?) and APU (American Public University) for a large number of other upper level math courses to choose from.

Yes, these were available last year, and unfortunately, even if you take them now (if they're available, as "taped" courses), they're not ACE-approved unless you take them as "live" courses. It sucks, because they were only $49 each, and 3cr of UL each.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Sorry I missed this back in January. For self-paced math, LSU & UND offer lots of math, including calc 1, 2, multivar, diff eq, linear alg, etc. UND offers discrete, LSU does not. Both colleges offer self-paced, meaning no discussion board time-wasters. LSU is cheaper, UND is about as much as AMU/APU.

And an aside about the EdX Differential Equations option, in case they offer the BU sequence again for credit: you should clarify with ACE how they're handling it. The EdX course descriptions state that it's *one* BU class (Math 226) broken into 3 parts - so I suspect you need all 3 parts to get any credit, and that it'd only be 3 credits total. It'd be highly unlikely that anyone would be granting 9UL credits just in Diff Eq.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 28 2,517 03-22-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: KagomeH
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,542 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 697 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 754 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 509 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 612 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 265 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 544 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 393 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 411 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn