Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do Not Take Accuplacer Tests!!!
In my opinion..if a school is going to accept ACE they should do it for everyone and not just military students. I understand a school has it's rules and regulations but enough is enough. Jeez! Lol.

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
Excelsior954 Wrote:In my opinion..if a school is going to accept ACE they should do it for everyone and not just military students. I understand a school has it's rules and regulations but enough is enough. Jeez! Lol.

I agree, now I'm in the same boat with my wife if she decides to transfer in ACE credit to the 4 yr college.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Excelsior954 Wrote:My friend sucked in math at my local CC, so I told him about SL he finished all his math with SL. Our local CC advisor said we accept ACE courses when I called her and asked. So my friend tried transferring the credit .. comes to find out this advisor didn't tell us the "we will only accept ACE credit if you belong in the military" part. Tough like eh?

Can't he send the SL courses to FHSU to get a letter grade transcript from them, and then transfer it in to the CC? Or have they changed the policy at FHSU?
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Well the thing is FHSU only accepts College Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Accounting I, Accounting II for a letter grade. My friend only did math courses with SL so only College Algebra will go through the other math courses wouldn't for FHSU. But starting September 5th of this year I believe FHSU is no longer issuing letter grades for Straighterline courses, just a Pass/Fail. Bummer!

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
Hi everyone,

I had planned for my daughter to take the CLEPs for English Comp I and College Math so she would not have to take the Accuplacer or any other placement test but the college she is planning to go now to does not accept any CLEPs for English Composition. Does anyone know of an RA community college or university where she could take Eng Comp online without a placement test? She is not interested in a TECEP. I would greatly appreciate any help or guidance!

Thanks,
Danielle
(03-14-2018, 06:48 PM)a4tunatemom Wrote: Hi everyone,

I had planned for my daughter to take the CLEPs for English Comp I and College Math so she would not have to take the Accuplacer or any other placement test but the college she is planning to go now to does not accept any CLEPs for English Composition. Does anyone know of an RA community college or university where she could take Eng Comp online without a placement test? She is not interested in a TECEP. I would greatly appreciate any help or guidance!

Thanks,
Danielle

You should start a new thread for this.  This one is a 7yo zombie thread.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Do IQ Tests or a Part of an IQ Society? dewisant 9 932 05-13-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  Looking for EQ & IQ Tests online: Anyone? bjcheung77 6 977 10-12-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,332 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Peterson's Practice Tests mseldomridge 9 3,522 11-20-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Heisrisen2916
  Can't find my Peterson's tests! studyandpass5 0 854 06-29-2019, 11:47 AM
Last Post: studyandpass5
  Can we get access to Peterson's tests through TESU? studyandpass5 4 1,553 05-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Intro to Psychology CLEP - Peterson's practice tests S.Tesla 0 1,339 04-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: S.Tesla
  Only two CLEP tests per day Jenniferinfl 6 1,840 02-12-2019, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl
  Am I ready for my CLEP tests? Jenniferinfl 21 3,805 01-30-2019, 10:43 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  Best order for Clep business/finance tests? Jenniferinfl 24 3,759 01-18-2019, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl