Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you listen to books on tape/ipod?
I got an email from amazon today that I could make my book available in an audio format. What do you think? Do people listen to non-fiction books on their ipods?
I do. I also listen to a lot of podcasts. Of course I'm probably odd like that compared to others... Wink
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
I don't usually listen to non-fiction audiobooks, but I do enjoy reading novels that way. I like having the ability to multi-task; I can "read" a book while I'm crocheting, getting ready for the day, or doing housework. I read a lot of classic literature, so LibriVox has been great for finding some of my favorite books for free in this format. Smile
CLEPs:
Biology: 64 | College Algebra: 60 | A&IL: 74 | Natural Sciences: 62 | College Comp: 62 | Intro Psychology: 73 | Intro Sociology: 67 | History of the U.S. I: 73 | History of the U.S. II: 65 | Principles of Marketing: 66 | Social Sciences & History: 68 | Humanities: 58

DSSTs:
Environment & Humanity: 59 | Technical Writing: 66 | Public Speaking: 67/Pass | Astronomy: 72

Other Courses:
Intro to Stats ALEKS: 70 | 24 FEMAs (including PDS) | Intro to News Reporting TECEP: Pass | Interpersonal Communication ECE: A | News Writing @ TESC: A | TESC Leadership Communication: A | TESC Mass Communication I: A | TESC Capstone: A | Marketing Communications TECEP: Pass | Argumentation & Debate @ LSU: A | Public Relations Thought & Practice TECEP: Pass

120/120 - DONE!!!
B.A. Communications through CollegePlus/TESC
My degree plan/test feedback
I love audio books on my iPad, the multitasking aspect is great. Fall asleep listening, in the car, etc.
I keep meaning to. I have a 30-45 minute commute to and from work, and I either listen to the radio, babble on the phone with my husband (Bluetooth in the car), or plug in my iPod to listen to music. I have not found many books on audio that I'm interested in, but I've considered grabbing some I'm only kind of interested in to fill that boring commute time with something more interesting. If more interesting books were available... Smile You should do it!
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
I used Audible for about a year, downloaded enough to listen to for a long while. In the car, I'm learning French, sometimes educational things like 'ethics' that I'm having trouble with. Before I fall asleep, currently listening to Keith Richards' "Life," next is "Steve Jobs."

For some reason, I prefer to read fiction.
Keep posting, I'm counting up all my feedback from this board, my other board, twitter and facebook. Thanks Smile
I would...only if YOU read the book too; after all - you're the author.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:I would...only if YOU read the book too; after all - you're the author.

That's actually a good point. I usually prefer that the author reads the material for the audiobook and not some unknown person. Well, unless you can get someone like Ian McKellen or Derek Jacobi, both of whom have gifted voices I could listen to for hours - and have! I love how they did The Illiad and The Odyssey. Smile
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
Absolutely, I spend at least 5 hours in a car every day for work, I need something to fill that time. I typically listen to non-fiction course relevant material as it helps me retain it a lot easier. I have some podcasts, iTunes U classes and books that I've purchased online that I typically listen to. I also hit up the library and get books on CD when I'm running low on material.
AAS in Environmental Safety & Security Technologies from TESC - Completed 2014
and BA Emergency & Disaster Mgmt at American Military University with a minor in Security Management - Completed

Completed:
FEMA: 20 credit hours, B&M: 33 credit hours, AARTS: 14 credit hours, certifications
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpret. Literature CLEP - 66, English Composition Modular CLEP - 58, American Government CLEP - 58, Social Sciences & History CLEP - 63
DSST: Intro to Computing DSST - 452
Straighterline: Business Ethics (88%), Criminal Justice (94%), World Religions (93%), Cultural Anthropology (92%), Intro to Sociology (94%)
TECEP: CIS 107, ENGL 102, PSY 270, BIO 208

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon ‘censored’ COVID-19 vaccine books after ‘feeling pressure’ from Biden White Ho Charles Fout 1 360 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Investing Simulators & Books SweetSecret 11 1,536 05-22-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  Got some overdue library books? Check! bjcheung77 6 1,226 12-04-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sparklette
  Project Management MBA books rachel83az 1 777 01-13-2021, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Flelm
  Programming/tech books at Humble Bundle rachel83az 0 756 08-20-2020, 08:38 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Humble Bundle math and physics books bluebooger 6 1,532 05-05-2020, 03:19 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Free Paperback Straigherline Books: ENC-102, WestCiv1 & 2, ENV101, SOC101 Joeman200 0 942 05-07-2017, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Joeman200
  ISO Straighterline Books cookderosa 4 1,292 12-13-2016, 05:17 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Free books to a good home! learflyer 9 2,619 06-26-2016, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Books for Sale! Excelsior CCS 120 EI2HCB 1 1,329 10-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Last Post: EI2HCB