Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you pay federal taxes? If so then you owe $135,000
Check it out. The US national debt is over 15 trillion dollars and each taxpayer owes $135,000 of that if we all split it evenly.
This is 5x the amount in 1987, 200 years into this nation's history.
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

It is really sickening. Everybody start saving up money to pay China back because they have more foot soldiers than we do.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Look's like the irs is already trying to collect the $135,000 from tax refunds due to taxpayers for 2011. LOL glinch in irs computers causing many early filers to not get their refunds last week and many more to be checked for fraud. You should see the crap going on in the tax forums regarding the delays -- it is like they will die if they don't get their refund this week or next. I've filed but I'll get my refund when I get it. Never count on money u don't have in your hands already. When I worked I never got a refund but don't control withholding since retired. Oh well. Everyone have a good day.
A.S. General Transfer Chattanooga State 2009
B.S.L.A. Thomas Edison State College June 7, 2013
33 CLEP
18 DSST
That is slightly under 3 times my dh's yearly salary.
And slightly more than what I owe on my house.
Sad
M.
Mom of 11

Graduated 6, still home educating 5

Credits from CC classes:
eng 1113 freshman comp 1
eng comp 2
pos 1113 american fed gov't (political sci.)
spa 1103 spanish 1
bio 2123 human ecology
his 1493 american history civil war era - present
phi 1113 intro to philosophy
soc 1113 intro to sociology
total credits 24 hours
gpa 3.12

I am 26 years old, i dont even make in the 30k's this is completly irresponsible,and politically crippling for any canidate..
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
Abraham Maslow-
Completed Clep's and Dsst's
  • Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (56)
    Here's to Your Health (438)
    Principles of Supervision (419)
    Fundamentals of Counseling (55)
    Human Growth and development (F)
    Educational Psychology(F)
    Intro to Psychology (63)
    Up Next: 15/60 credits for an AA in social sciences from Tidewater Community college!

abdibble Wrote:I am 26 years old, i dont even make in the 30k's this is completly irresponsible,and politically crippling for any canidate..

No it's not. You just channel class warfare and demonize success and let the idiots vote you in. Works every single time.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
It is extremely sad. Those of us that are a bit older lived beyond our means. We paid somewhat low taxes, reaped massive benefits in education, healthcare, government investment, waged expensive wars foreign and domestic, paid way too much for infrastructure that went to unscrupulous companies and invested in pet projects like Obama's Solendra and you young people will have to ultimately pay the price. You will have crippling tax rates, underfunded social services, a skyrocketing interest rate on your debt and will probably take 100 years to pay off the debt we have accumulated in the past 20 years. It is sickening.

If any of you disagree. Just think how many years it takes to pay off your own reckless consumer spending over 1 year. I think the 5x ratio is realistic. It will be 100 years until this 16 trillion dollar debt is racked up. Obama alone added about 5 trillion since he gained control. Maybe its not all his fault but he certainly is not the model of restraint in spending. It is really sickening. What if China calls in our debt? What then?
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:What if China calls in our debt? What then?

This is actually the ending of the book How An Economy Grows... And Why It Crashes. Starring Ben Barnacle. Smile

It uses simple cartoons very effectively, like Hayek's brilliant The Road to Serfdom from the 1940s.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2014 Taxes Scholarships and Grants videogamesrock 2 784 01-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Taxes? quasarvs 57 4,779 03-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Last Post: OE800_85
  Taxes - Deduction sdeserio 16 4,610 01-30-2011, 06:54 AM
Last Post: ryoder
  anyone know if you can claim test fees on taxes? happymeal79 22 3,430 01-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Last Post: peace123