Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Cosc waive GE for second degrees or needs to be met?
As the title say. Is necessary to bring all the GE credits for a sexond degree or are waived.
Interesting for the lab and english composition.
Also do you know if there is any difference for a prior bachelor foreign degree?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Based on the page in their catalog, it's quite the process to do a second bachelor's degree at COSC. You need approval from the Director of Admissions before you even apply. You're also not waived from the general education requirements. Looks like you still need to meet them. I'd contact them for clarification especially since you have an international degree. Has your international degree been evaluated by WES or ECE?

https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...degree.php

Here's more info for international students:

https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...udents.php
[-] The following 3 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • akr680, Kab, Vle045
Yes, it has been validated by WES.
Each time looks more complicated COSC... It is frustating when you compare it to other places that are more agile in the process.
I have a lot of thinking to do and check the GE I have. I should mostly all exept E. COMP I and II + check if the accept the foreign lab.
If not EC looks quite more easy to navigate.
And thanks for the info.
COSC is definitely not an easy school anymore. Do you know what degree you want? COSC may not be the best place to get it.
If you still want Psych and business, I still think TESU + UMPI would probably be your best bet.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Psy first.
TESU is too expensive from my perspective. Unless I did psy and another degree at the same time. Another point is that the waiver fee anoys me.
Do you have an idea how much could be to do two degrees at TESU? Could I do the credits to arrive to the minimum number to avoid waiver, this means the two capstones, and then graduate at the same time thus avoiding the waiver fee?
If at the end I do not go to COSC, I will go EC and UMPI, for cost. If the first degree I do is at EC the upper 30 credits should not be a problem since I need several psy UL and have some others since last degree.
If you want to go to EC, go there first. Otherwise if you go there second, you'll need to complete an additional 30 UL credits AFTER your first degree is conferred. EC does not like second bachelor's degrees. If you go to UMPI second, you'll be waived from the GEC and you'll still have to complete a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI.

Are you looking to get into something like organizational psychology? Would it be easier to just double major at TESU? You'd complete both at the same time. Are these for personal fulfillment or work? If personal, maybe better off just taking noncredit classes and not worrying about a degree. Don't you already have an international degree?
Yes, I do have more than 1 degree. Still to justify opinion and capacity a psy degree will be good. Also will allow me to go further in that field.
The BABA is the less pressing right now.

Yes, O/I psy is an intetesting field.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,681 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,285 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,643 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,163 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,620 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso