Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Sophia accepted for english proficiency req. at Purdue Global ?
For non-english speaking international student, does anyone know if Purdue Global accept english composition I and II courses from Sophia or other external sites to satisfy english proficiency requirement ?

Thanks.
Doubt very much. U will have to take TOEFL ( and so on) or Eng Com 1 from RA University.
i know COSC  doesnt require proof of English proficiency for international students
(11-22-2021, 03:40 PM)sialiblo Wrote: For non-english speaking international student, does anyone know if Purdue Global accept english composition I and II courses from Sophia or other external sites to satisfy english proficiency requirement ?

Thanks.

International students need to have TOEFL scores if English isn't the national language.  English courses aren't a substitute. 

Here's how Sophia's courses transfer to PUG.

https://purdueglobal.sophia.org/#courses
Sophia won't work, but ONU or TEL will: https://catalog.purdueglobal.edu/policy-...quirement/
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Pikachu
ACE providers such as Sophia are not providing regionally accredited courses, you can however take a community college English I/II course instead for the requirements, this allows you to skip the TOEFL, IELTS
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Take PUG English test to meet the international student standards. It quite easy and simple. Ask your advisor to enable the PUG English test or take English composition I and II at ONU. However, English I and II are quite easy at PUG compare to ONU. I have passed English I & II at ONU and PUG both. ONU English courses has lot more writing compare to PUG. Hence, better to take at PUG.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
[-] The following 1 user Likes NewatTESU's post:
  • Pikachu
I assume PUG would be similar to UMPI in regards to being CBE, hopefully you can finish a degree in 2-3 terms too! Just make sure to max out your transfer and take the required courses that are easiest or most interesting to you at PUG.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Purdue is a lot harder than UMPI.

Purdue has an IT degree which UMPI does not, and WGU doesn't take international students.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • ss20ts
Yep. It is quite hard for any degree. I have a few friends who are in Business Administration and they are struggling with many classes. However, there are few classes which are easy comparatively other places like English composition is at Sophia or ONU.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
(11-23-2021, 01:17 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I assume PUG would be similar to UMPI in regards to being CBE, hopefully you can finish a degree in 2-3 terms too!  Just make sure to max out your transfer and take the required courses that are easiest or most interesting to you at PUG.

PUG is nothing at all like UMPI. UMPI has 3 credit classes with 1 paper for each class. PUG has 5 and 6 credit classes that are each broken down into 1 credit classes. Each 1 credit class has a series of assignments. My husband is in the Analytics ExcelTrack and you can't max our the transfer credit in that program. You have to take many classes at PUG. There's no transfer equivalency for many of the analytics classes. Those classes have so much work - 12 labs and 2 papers has been the norm per credit. Plus the quizzes and reading. Not to mention the research to be able to complete the labs and papers. He spends faaaaaaaar more time completing the assignments for 1 credit than I do for 3 credits at UMPI.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • LevelUP, Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 49 7,478 04-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  For purdue global whats discrete mathematics like? purduestudent 2 241 02-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 751 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TAMUC - Sophia advanced hours telldomis 3 606 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What are UMass Global MyPath classes like? pluggingalong 14 3,484 12-01-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  umass global b20 9 1,808 10-05-2023, 11:01 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,940 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  University of Arizona - Sophia (ACE) Guide dy4242 11 1,244 09-15-2023, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Perdue Global BSIT SD/Web pluggingalong 1 388 09-07-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Purdue Global BS IT Software Development projects pluggingalong 13 1,337 09-07-2023, 06:36 AM
Last Post: pluggingalong