Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Straighterline Introduction to Programming in C++ Apply to TESU
I completed SL's C++ course today, and when I attempted to add it to my ACE transcript via their web portal I noticed an error:

"We're sorry, but you have entered an invalid completion date. Completion dates must be between a version's start and end date."

Of course, I then noticed that the "Course Offered" date on ACE's website reads "9/1/2013 - 9/30/2016."

I am not able to add the class to my ACE transcript.

I was planning on applying this course to my AOS - Programming Language for the BSBA, CIS I am pursuing. I hope I didn't screw myself over by paying for and spending the time on this course, only be the two months late! When I formulated my degree plan I hadn't noticed it expired at the end of September. Any ideas on what I should do? Should I contact TESU and send them my transcript from SL directly, if they would accept it? I still have applicant status and I am not yet enrolled.

Appreciate the help, thanks!
Sometimes there are two versions of a course in the ACE pull down list, and if you select the wrong one, you get this message. Go back and look through the courses again, making sure you choose the current iteration.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:Sometimes there are two versions of a course in the ACE pull down list, and if you select the wrong one, you get this message. Go back and look through the courses again, making sure you choose the current iteration.

Thank you for the reply, but I wasn't able to find any other course entry from Straighterline for this course. I also searched in the Alternative Credit Project ecosystem. I could only find the entry with ACE # OOSL-0069 which is not accepting my completion date of today.
At this point i would reach out to SL.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
I believe TESU is a Straighterline partner college, I would try to submit the transcript directly.
Thanks for the replies. I reached out to SL and they said it should be ACE re-approved by the end of the week. My course completion date should remain the same.

I also sent the transcript directly to TESU via SL. Hopefully now things should work out.

Cheers!
Trunkhaus Wrote:Thanks for the replies. I reached out to SL and they said it should be ACE re-approved by the end of the week. My course completion date should remain the same.

I also sent the transcript directly to TESU via SL. Hopefully now things should work out.

Cheers!

Any update on this . Did Tesu accept .
Thanks
mvk Wrote:Any update on this . Did Tesu accept .
Thanks

It is still not approved on the ACE website. Someone who needs it might want to reach out to SL and see what's going on with it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,925 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,321 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore