Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit?
I am taking the Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct. Does Thomas Edison put a grade down on the transcript or is it credit\no credit? 

Thanks in advance!
all ACE/NCCRS comes in as CR for TESU.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Does the free Ethics course from the Institutes fulfill the Ethics requirements for any Bachelor's Degree course? For example, I am having to earn 3 credits for Ethics for BA Psychology @ TESU
(09-11-2018, 10:34 AM)jsd Wrote: all ACE/NCCRS comes in as CR for TESU.

Awesome! Thank-you!
(09-11-2018, 10:41 AM)Supermind Wrote: Does the free Ethics course from the Institutes fulfill the Ethics requirements for any Bachelor's Degree course? For example, I am having to earn 3 credits for Ethics for BA Psychology @ TESU

No, it will not fulfill Ethics in the Social Sciences. There are no ACE/NCCRS options that will at this point.

Study.com was working on building one months ago, but we have no idea when it will be approved for credit by ACE/NCCRS.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

(09-11-2018, 10:41 AM)Supermind Wrote: Does the free Ethics course from the Institutes fulfill the Ethics requirements for any Bachelor's Degree course? For example, I am having to earn 3 credits for Ethics for BA Psychology @ TESU

I'm not sure. I'm getting my Bachelor's in Liberal Arts. 
It is worth 2 credits, so the last credit has to be made up. I have seen many people recommending the Sophia courses. You can see the Ethics and Sophia courses here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit
(09-11-2018, 10:49 AM)jsd Wrote:

No, it will not fulfill Ethics in the Social Sciences. There are no ACE/NCCRS options that will at this point.

Study.com was working on building one months ago, but we have no idea when it will be approved for credit by ACE/NCCRS.

Oh ok! Good to know. By the way, I happened to read thro the wiki link where you have shared details of how you completed your BA Psychology course online. So, if I have understood it right, inexpensive and speedy online options are currently less for this degree, right? The BA Liberal Studies currently seems to be the most viable option. I would actually like to pursue BA Psychology. But I am unable to decide how easy it would be to do it and what resources are available online to support me for this. You have done it. Can you offer guidance?

Hi jsd. Please could you check and let me know if this is an option for Ethics related to Psychology?
https://ce4less.com/Profession/Psychology-Ceus

They are offering a very attractive package of 74 $ for a whole year of unlimited online courses. Is this only for professionals and does not translate into University credits?
The BA Psych is slightly more expensive just due to not only the corner/captsone, but the ethics in soc sci needs to be taken though TESU, and TESU is very expensive. Whereas the BA LS only needs the corner/capstone through TESU. All of the other courses have pretty cheap alternatives for BA Psych. I've listed all of them on my wiki plan that you mentioned.

ce4less is not approved by ACE or NCCRS for college credits. CE credits (continuing education credits) are generally professionally approved credits for maintaining licensure or otherwise staying current in your field. They will not help you at TESU.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

(09-11-2018, 12:28 PM)jsd Wrote: The BA Psych is slightly more expensive just due to not only the corner/captsone, but the ethics in soc sci needs to be taken though TESU, and TESU is very expensive. Whereas the BA LS only needs the corner/capstone through TESU. All of the other courses have pretty cheap alternatives for BA Psych. I've listed all of them on my wiki plan that you mentioned.

ce4less is not approved by ACE or NCCRS for college credits. CE credits (continuing education credits) are generally professionally approved credits for maintaining licensure or otherwise staying current in your field. They will not help you at TESU.

Ethics in social Science is just one more course in addition to the corner/capstone? So, that would be about 449 $ more at TESU, right? Bcos I remember seeing that each course costs 449 $ or so. But I guess one does not find the higher level Psych courses online either, and that too has to be completed through TESU. 
One other question I have is, will a BA LS degree somehow limit my chances of getting into a top grade university like Harvard or Princeton for my Masters in Psychology? That would be my long term goal. could you offer some advice regarding that?
Yes, Ethics in Soc Sci is the only course you would need to take at TESU other than the Corner/Capstone, and Corner/Cap would need to be taken with TESU no matter what degree you're going after.

There are plenty Upper Level psych options available to fulfill the TESU requirement, you do not need to take those through TESU. Those are marked on the wiki (as UL). Keep in mind TESU changed some of their equivalencies a few months back so that's why a lot of those ULs have a ? next to them, always check with your TESU advisor beforehand to make sure.

TESU courses are closer to $500 PER CREDIT, meaning $1500 per TESU course. With the Study.com partnership the discount gets that down to around $1100 per course.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,924 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,021 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,320 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore