Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does a Spreadsheet Exist that lists the courses?
I am amazed with all the spreadsheets and degree plans out there. I have been trying to find a comparison of courses and schools and can't find one. Is there a spreadsheet with SDC, FEMA, SL, SHMOOP, ETC. listed in the rows and the schools in the columns showing which schools accept which credits?
This should be a sticky as this question comes up over and over again.

There is not publicly shared list.  There are many members here who keep and maintain their own list - and share the information as inquiries are made.  The reason that these privately maintained lists are not shared publicly is because they are constantly evolving - for example(s); providers come/go, or courses get added/dropped, ACE/NCCRS moves courses to be evaluated from UL to LL (or vice versa), each of the Big 3 (WGU, or any school) change how they equate a providers course (the school's equivalency - each has it own, it is not a one fits all), the schools change their degree program requirements (your 'catalog year' alone could impact your options).  These are just a handful reasons why a public shared master list could actually hurt those who come to this forum. Bad planning is a waste of time and money - and here we want people to succeed in getting their degrees, not become frustrated and give up because they planned based on bad/old/outdated information. If you've done your preliminary research here on the forum and are not sure your plan is valid for what you're working towards please do ask - we want to help you, we're here to help each other.

Also, I would like to thank all those course equivalency list keepers for all the hard work you do maintaining them, and greatly appreciate your dedication and willingness to share your gathered knowledge with this entire forum.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • dfrecore, suzycupcake
Perhaps we should start a stickied thread with links to the articulation agreements that are publicly available and posted on the provider's websites
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(06-25-2019, 11:35 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: Perhaps we should start a stickied thread with links to the articulation agreements that are publicly available and posted on the provider's websites

I agree that is a good idea in theory - however, they are not always 100% current either.  In example - when TESU downgraded (UL to LL) most SL courses a few years ago it took quite a long time for SL to update their page; many here 'thought' they would be getting UL credit for course they completed - and sending the transcripts right away for.  From my own experience with this, got in on UL credit two days prior to the change with no notice; I was nothing more than lucky that TESU evaluated my transcript 48 hours prior to the random mid year change.

And that could also cause confusion with someone new to the forum thinking those are the only courses they can take from those providers, or only those courses from said provider. In example - TESU accepts far more Study.com courses for credit than shows on the Study.com TESU transfer agreement page.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

As far as who accepts what in a general sense. As of June 2019.

COSC: ACE and NCCRS
TESU: ACE and NCCRS (but no Shmoop)
Excelsior: ACE and NCCRS
WGU: ACE only. No NCCRS. (I think no Shmoop)

ACE: most of study.com, sophia.org, StraighterLine, shmoop, csm learn

NCCRS: coopersmith, some study.com, onlinedegree.com, davar
[-] The following 4 users Like natshar's post:
  • magflo, mysonx3, Oulton1, TwinMom
(06-25-2019, 01:55 PM)natshar Wrote: As far as who accepts what in a general sense. As of June 2019.

COSC: ACE and NCCRS
TESU: ACE and NCCRS (but no Shmoop)
Excelsior: ACE and NCCRS
WGU: ACE only. No NCCRS. (I think no Shmoop)

ACE: most of study.com, sophia.org, StraighterLine, shmoop, csm learn

NCCRS: coopersmith, some study.com, onlinedegree.com, davar

CLEP and DSST also fall under the ACE category.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 2 users Like mysonx3's post:
  • natshar, Tlm
Thank you!
(06-25-2019, 11:11 AM)allvia Wrote: This should be a sticky as this question comes up over and over again.

There is not publicly shared list.  There are many members here who keep and maintain their own list - and share the information as inquiries are made.  The reason that these privately maintained lists are not shared publicly is because they are constantly evolving - for example(s); providers come/go, or courses get added/dropped, ACE/NCCRS moves courses to be evaluated from UL to LL (or vice versa), each of the Big 3 (WGU, or any school) change how they equate a providers course (the school's equivalency - each has it own, it is not a one fits all), the schools change their degree program requirements (your 'catalog year' alone could impact your options).  These are just a handful reasons why a public shared master list could actually hurt those who come to this forum. Bad planning is a waste of time and money - and here we want people to succeed in getting their degrees, not become frustrated and give up because they planned based on bad/old/outdated information.  If you've done your preliminary research here on the forum and are not sure your plan is valid for what you're working towards please do ask - we want to help you, we're here to help each other.

Also, I would like to thank all those course equivalency list keepers for all the hard work you do maintaining them, and greatly appreciate your dedication and willingness to share your gathered knowledge with this entire forum.

This is VERY well stated.  Imagine getting ahold of, and trying to plan a degree on, information even 1 year old, let alone something from 2, 5, 10 years ago!  Nope, nope, nope!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • allvia
Hey, Tim. I got your PM and wrote you a reply, but it says your PM's are disabled (they're disabled by default for new accounts).

"User CP" (top-left corner)->"Edit Options" (14th item in left panel)->Check the box "Receive private messages from other users." (4th item from the top)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,327 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 891 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 691 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,533 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,843 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,042 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 576 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 328 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 701 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat