Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone else hate waiting for the next term to start?
Sad 
I'm just staring at a screen, at work, wishing it was my next class
---
In Progress:
Purdue Global - Masters in Cybersecurity Management

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership

[-] The following 1 user Likes fromthedepths's post:
  • rachel83az
If you've become addicted to learning things, maybe use the downtime to get a Coursera certificate or two that might impress an employer? Big Grin
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • fromthedepths
YES!  So, it's not just me.  Thank you!  I finished all the classes I could at UMPI this session with one week left to go, and I've just been sitting around thinking, "What do I do with myself?  I'm lost.  I need another class."
I was thinking about enrolling in Coursera's IBM Data Analytics certificate, but that would probably take too long for me to finish and UMPI starts up again on July 3rd.
I just enrolled in SDC's BUS 312 Advanced Operations Mgmt since that one will give me credit for UMPI's BUS 415 Operations Mgmt.

I love that we have so many options these days to take other online classes.  You're not alone!  I guess we're both addicted to learning.   Wink
[-] The following 3 users Like Claudia P's post:
  • fromthedepths, rachel83az, ss20ts
(06-26-2023, 10:20 AM)Claudia P Wrote: YES!  So, it's not just me.  Thank you!  I finished all the classes I could at UMPI this session with one week left to go, and I've just been sitting around thinking, "What do I do with myself?  I'm lost.  I need another class."
I was thinking about enrolling in Coursera's IBM Data Analytics certificate, but that would probably take too long for me to finish and UMPI starts up again on July 3rd.
I just enrolled in SDC's BUS 312 Advanced Operations Mgmt since that one will give me credit for UMPI's BUS 415 Operations Mgmt.

I love that we have so many options these days to take other online classes.  You're not alone!  I guess we're both addicted to learning.   Wink

I've had soooo much downtime in my program at WGU. I've had 4 days with absolutely nothing to do as I sit and wait for the evaluation to be done on my paper. I can't begin my next class until this one is completed. This program has a lot of prereq courses and you can't go out of order. At least, my mentor doesn't allow it. I keep thinking I need to start another certificate while I'm waiting for WGU. I think many of us are addicted to learning. This is our drug/drink. At least it's healthy!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az
(06-26-2023, 11:09 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-26-2023, 10:20 AM)Claudia P Wrote: YES!  So, it's not just me.  Thank you!  I finished all the classes I could at UMPI this session with one week left to go, and I've just been sitting around thinking, "What do I do with myself?  I'm lost.  I need another class."

I've had soooo much downtime in my program at WGU. I've had 4 days with absolutely nothing to do as I sit and wait for the evaluation to be done on my paper. I can't begin my next class until this one is completed. This program has a lot of prereq courses and you can't go out of order. At least, my mentor doesn't allow it. I keep thinking I need to start another certificate while I'm waiting for WGU. I think many of us are addicted to learning. This is our drug/drink. At least it's healthy!
If you have an established track record of passing those (referring to WGU) can you e-mail the mentor and ask for your next class to be opened, it's still in order but not wasting time.  I thought I heard about this more than once in the YouTube videos of people that executed this.  Maybe it's different per program, and per mentor.
(06-26-2023, 11:47 AM)DolceDolce Wrote: If you have an established track record of passing those (referring to WGU) can you e-mail the mentor and ask for your next class to be opened, it's still in order but not wasting time.  I thought I heard about this more than once in the YouTube videos of people that executed this.  Maybe it's different per program, and per mentor.

Grad programs are different. Most of what they're talking about is undergrad which is completely different. This program in particular has several prereqs. The mentors aren't allowing most students to open the next class. My next class can't be started until I pass this one completely. In this program, every course except 1 has multiple tasks and you have to wait for your task to pass before you can submit the next task. I couldn't even open a section of my course until I passed the first section. This program is pretty strict and needs a lot of work. It's still new and they are still making changes.
(06-26-2023, 12:07 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-26-2023, 11:47 AM)DolceDolce Wrote: If you have an established track record of passing those (referring to WGU) can you e-mail the mentor and ask for your next class to be opened, it's still in order but not wasting time.  I thought I heard about this more than once in the YouTube videos of people that executed this.  Maybe it's different per program, and per mentor.

Grad programs are different. Most of what they're talking about is undergrad which is completely different. This program in particular has several prereqs. The mentors aren't allowing most students to open the next class. My next class can't be started until I pass this one completely. In this program, every course except 1 has multiple tasks and you have to wait for your task to pass before you can submit the next task. I couldn't even open a section of my course until I passed the first section. This program is pretty strict and needs a lot of work. It's still new and they are still making changes.

Thanks for sharing the process, as I'll be doing the MBA program next. I've bookmarked this page!
(06-26-2023, 11:09 AM)ss20ts Wrote: I've had soooo much downtime in my program at WGU. I've had 4 days with absolutely nothing to do as I sit and wait for the evaluation to be done on my paper. I can't begin my next class until this one is completed. This program has a lot of prereq courses and you can't go out of order. At least, my mentor doesn't allow it. I keep thinking I need to start another certificate while I'm waiting for WGU. I think many of us are addicted to learning. This is our drug/drink. At least it's healthy!
Our drug/drink!  I love it!  Hilarious.   Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Claudia P's post:
  • ss20ts
(06-26-2023, 12:22 PM)DolceDolce Wrote:
(06-26-2023, 12:07 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Thanks for sharing the process, as I'll be doing the MBA program next. I've bookmarked this page!

I'm not in WGU's MBA. That has different policies than the program I'm in.
There's always downtime, I just find something else to do so time goes by quickly and I learn something...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Statsitics, but hate all the Math? The Statisistics TECEP may be your answer. Prloko 9 4,243 05-23-2023, 02:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  When does six months for TADA start? natshar 2 635 03-06-2023, 06:32 AM
Last Post: xianbd
  Short-term Pell for online? Alpha 11 1,050 06-30-2022, 11:19 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Long-term Salaries after Graduation smartdegree 1 706 11-30-2021, 01:41 AM
Last Post: jch
  New to this, where to start? saskgui 9 1,524 08-25-2021, 02:44 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Applied to Strayer University - FREE Winter term! bjcheung77 14 2,626 11-13-2020, 02:27 PM
Last Post: ylmir
Information I need an online, RA, 3 sem unit, CHEAP course with an OPEN start date. vanglorious 12 2,423 05-15-2020, 08:49 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Flash Cards to Remember More of What We Studied Long Term camjenks 7 1,268 04-26-2020, 11:52 AM
Last Post: eriehiker
  WHERE TO START FROM Bahadar 3 1,545 10-22-2019, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Any "Start From Scratch" members willing to share their journey? Idreamofadegree 23 4,842 07-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Last Post: cookderosa