Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA Computer Science plan with credits from past - review needed
Hi all, I am planning to pursue the BACS degree from TESU. After lurking around this forum for a while, I came up with a degree plan. Thanks to rachel83az for maintaining the wiki, suggesting courses to fulfill the residency requirement, and other members for their valuable support.

I am from India, so there is no RA/NA. The only accrediting agency is NAAC which is a government body. I matched these courses with TESU equivalents as per my knowledge, please correct the mistakes in the mapping(spreadsheet attached).

Credits from unfinished Mechanical Engineering from a NAAC accredited university 

Subject                                                           Credits

English                                                                     4 
Engineering Physics                                                   4 
Engineering Chemistry                                               4
Engg. Physics & Engg. Chemistry Lab                          4 
Engineering Mechanics                                              4
Electrica Engineering & Electronics Engineering            4
Environmental Studies                                               4
Mechanics of Solids                                                   4
Thermodynamics                                                      4
Metallurgy & Material Science                                     4
Production Technology                                               4
Engineering Drawing                                                 4
Computer Programming Lab                                       4
English Language Communication Skills Lab                 4
Engineering Workshop & IT Workshop                         4

Total                                                              60

Single Term Courses from another NAAC accredited university( I am currently enrolled in this, but it takes 3 years to complete)

Mathematics for Data Science-1                4
Statistics for Data Science-1                     4
English-1                                                4
Computational Thinking                            4

Total                                                       16

Bachelor of Commerce from a state open university that's unaccredited 
(But going to get accreditation very soon because govt. started accrediting open universities this year only, also this univ. grants only pass or fail and marks but not credits. These courses have the most equivalent courses at TESU but don't know if they accept or not. If they do, I can get away with minimum courses from alternate sources.)

Foundation Course in English
Foundation Course in Science & Technology
Foundation Course in Social Science
Business Organization & Management
Accountancy
Business Law
Political Thought
International Relations
Auditing
Company Accounts
Business Finance
Advanced Accounts
Business Statistics
Political Theory and Concepts

spreadsheet link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Thanks to a member of this forum for creating this spreadsheet format for degree planning(apologies for not remembering their name)
First of all, you're definitely going to need to get your courses evaluated by someone. If you have digital transcripts, ACEI seems like a good option. For paper transcripts, WES or ECE seem to be the go-to. It's doubtful that the unaccredited credits will count toward your total. The evaluators take the accreditation status into account.

Do not take Sophia's English Comp - the grading is inconsistent, at best, and takes way too long. Instead, take the English Comp TECEPs. Easier and faster. May even be about the same price, depending on how fast/slow Sophia's grading is. Also, Study.com's "Presentation Skills in the Workplace" is a single exam (plus the usual quizzes) that counts for Public Speaking, compared to Sophia's multiple required Touchstone assignments. You can be done with SDC's course in a matter of days, while Sophia can take a few weeks.

On the other hand, for about the same amount of work as Sophia and the same price point as the TECEPs, you could take English Comp I & II from Olivet Nazarine (College Writing I & II). https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ol...University If you already have English Comp completed, other students have reported that they'll waive the need for an English exam. Instead of paying $158-$316 for English Comp at Sophia PLUS the $200 for the IELTS exam, pay $300 for the ONU English Comp and $0 for the IELTS. No, the Sophia English Comp doesn't waive the requirement. Only RA English Comp does.

If you're pretty comfortable with Calculus already, Saylor is a good choice. Otherwise, SL seems to be easier for most students.

As an international student, it's probably easier for you to just do Discrete Math at SDC instead of Strayer.

You have 6 TESU courses + the PLA-100. TESU isn't going to allow you to take more than 16 credits in a single term - not when this is your only term. I would drop either Operating Systems or Intro to Programming and take it at Study.com instead.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-20-2021, 02:34 AM)rachel83az Wrote: First of all, you're definitely going to need to get your courses evaluated by someone. If you have digital transcripts, ACEI seems like a good option. For paper transcripts, WES or ECE seem to be the go-to. It's doubtful that the unaccredited credits will count toward your total. The evaluators take the accreditation status into account.

Yes, I am going with SDR Consultants for evaluation. They seem to be the better option. And for IELTS + Eng. Comp. I thought of completing the ASU English course as per your past suggestion, but ONU is cheaper, will go with that.

I included Saylor and Strayer because they are cheaper, but will replace with SDC and SL. Thank you.
You need an official evaluation - foreign transcripts are a bit out of our league here, in that we haven't had a ton of experience with them. So, my advice is to get a foreign evaluation, apply to TESU, and then come back and post what you need to complete.

Obviously, you may already know what you don't have, so you can start on those while waiting to hear from TESU.

I also think that your foreign credits will count as RA credits, so no need to do more of those if you don't want to.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 341 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 196 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 414 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 216 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 375 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 37 1,930 03-18-2024, 03:54 AM
  Interim & Future Plan - Machine Learning mweichert 6 344 03-18-2024, 03:45 AM
  Racking up Sophia Credits - What's Next? Ljanelle 5 287 03-17-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 785 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 856 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre