Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Open Course Option at TESC
Prloko Wrote:Yeah, I believe Sanantone mentioned this last year when she was still heavily active. She is also not a huge fan if I remember correctly.

IIRC, this has been around for about two years. At first, it was really awful because it used the Enrolled Options plan when the Per Credit Tuition Plan already existed. When they changed it to use the Per Credit Tuition Plan, it was still more expensive than it had to be because it relied too heavily on portfolio assessments and included TESC's PLA courses as requirements. Obviously, the ASBA can be completed without any portfolio assessments and, therefore, without PLA 100 and 200. Yes, I made a thread about how they told me that the Per Credit Tuition Plan would be more expensive than the Enrolled Options Plan and later changed the Open Course Option Plan to use the Per Credit Tuition Plan.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
From what I understand

Open Course Option for ASBA appears to show only Saylor equiv. courses aligned with their TECEP exams which are $100+

But you can take any of those courses @ Saylor / test proctored for $25 through ProctorU

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Does anyone know if TESC accepts NON Ace Approved courses?

saylor.org/credit has a list of ace approved courses, while the majority of their courses are not ace approved.

Would TESC accept (Saylor CS-402) Computer Communications and Networks (Aligned to TESC CMP-354 Networking Technologies),. if I take the course with the proctored exam even though it is not ACE approved?
I know TESC and Saylor are partnered.
I would not use the link from TESC's website, it just doesn't have all of the options available.

The only Saylor courses TESC, EC & COSC will take are the ACE-approved or NCCRS-approved courses.

There are some TECEP-aligned courses, which means that Saylor and TESC have worked together to come up with a free Saylor course that will help you study for the TECEP, but the course itself does not count for credit.

There are some additional TECEP-aligned courses which are also ARE- or NCCRS-approved, in which case you can take the course, not have the final exam proctored, and then take the TECEP OR take the Saylor proctored final. The only difference is that if you take the TECEP, it counts for residency, which you will need if you are on the Per-Credit Tuition Plan.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
inf Wrote:Would TESC accept (Saylor CS-402) Computer Communications and Networks (Aligned to TESC CMP-354 Networking Technologies),. if I take the course with the proctored exam even though it is not ACE approved?
I know TESC and Saylor are partnered.

You cannot take a proctored exam for a course that is not credit-bearing at Saylor. When you click on "final exam" on a course, if it is not credit bearing, you just take the final. If you click on "final exam" and it IS a credit-bearing exam, you will then be given a choice between the regular final exam and a "Saylor Direct Credit Final Exam Quiz".

I personally would take the regular final first, to make sure I'm going to pass before taking the proctored final.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You have to be careful because there are some non-ACE/NCCRS Saylor courses that do have proctored exams. Saylor has partnerships with a couple of colleges that will accept some of their non-ACE/NCCRS courses; the Big 3 are not among those colleges.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Open Course Degree ROYISAGIRL 16 3,267 08-11-2018, 01:36 AM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,629 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU ASBA Open course option Mab81 3 1,467 06-22-2018, 01:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,445 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,184 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Excelsior 117 Transfer Bachelor Option harrypotter 2 1,514 01-11-2018, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,982 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,339 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,763 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,738 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone