Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't sent TESU Sophia transripts through parchment
When I applied to TESU there was a line in the application that you needed to list ALL schools transcripts were coming from or they would not be counted. There was no place to list Sophia credits so I called and asked what to do. I was told no problem, send over the Sophia transcripts and they will be counted. I was given no other information. I sent Sophia through Parchment.

I received my credit evaluation today and they only contained my 6 community college credits not my 89 Sophia credits.

I called and was informed that 1. The transcripts must be sent though Credly (but I was never informed of this nor given an email to enter on Credly before to send them to. 2. That due to "my mistake" it counted as my first (of two) allowed academic evaluations. I was hoping to be evaluated for 2 degree programs and I am being told that i can no longer do that because I sent my credits over incorrectly.

So as a warning to everyone, for TESU, Sophia credits MUST be sent though Credly or you lose an academic evaluation that there is ZERO way to get back.

I am so upset right now I could scream.
[-] The following 1 user Likes channaleah's post:
  • Pikachu
I'm so sorry that this happened to you. They really are not very good at giving advice. You can pay for the $50 Medical Terminology TECEP and have unlimited evaluations unlocked as of the 7th (or so) of October. Also, if you get evaluated for a BALS (for instance), you do NOT have to be re-evaluated for a BSBA (or vice versa); you only need to be evaluated for one and then you can use the automatic what-if tool in OSS to see how your current credits would work under a different program.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • channaleah, gmjdrain81
(09-16-2021, 10:57 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I'm so sorry that this happened to you. They really are not very good at giving advice. You can pay for the $50 Medical Terminology TECEP and have unlimited evaluations unlocked as of the 7th (or so) of October. Also, if you get evaluated for a BALS (for instance), you do NOT have to be re-evaluated for a BSBA (or vice versa); you only need to be evaluated for one and then you can use the automatic what-if tool in OSS to see how your current credits would work under a different program.

Can you help me understand more what the Medical Terminology TECEP is? (this is such a relief to hear by the way thank you so much!)
All you need to do is sign up for the Medical Terminology TECEP and NOT ask for a refund. Consider it an enrollment fee. Instructions on how to enroll are here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TE...structions
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Applicants only get two evaluations, when you enroll you get unlimited evaluations and extra perks. I would take the Medical Terminology TECEP and try getting credit for it, otherwise, leave it and let the testing time lapse by not taking it - you should still be able to send in your transcripts to be added for the next year as that enrolls you for 1 year. Focus on getting the 24 RA credits since you only have 6, I would take "easy TECEPS/UEXCELS".
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 729 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch