Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't want to start a WWIII BUT out of the big 3 which holds most recognition?
I've never had to show a diploma either; I'm always asked for transcripts. It's actually common for the major not to be listed on the diploma.

COSC's concentrations are the equivalent to majors. Majors normally have 30-45 credits. Concentrations that aren't equivalent to majors are like the BSBA specializations at TESC. Your major is in business not CIS, human resources, accounting, operations management, etc. Concentrations in this instance are kind of like minors.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Westerner Wrote:Well ok then, that helps Smile (though I am actually planning to frame it to hang on the wall Wink)

As you should, sweetie! Big Grin
I went to TESC because I had heard about it since 1972 when I graduated high school in NJ. The price was better for me being a NJ resident. I have my degree framed at home, but would never have a place to display it at work. My TESC degree is in Natural sciences/Mathematics. I write that on my resume. The state of NJ and the State of NY have both approved my degree towards a teaching certificate. Neither state saw my actual diploma they just saw the transcript with the concentration stated.

How a school is evaluated in a area where it is not local can always be different. In many places outside of NJ Rutgers is considered a very prestigious University. Here in NJ so many people go there it is considered less impressive then some other state colleges. I find it funny that an area of Florida I visit often has an Edison State College, I wonder if people there think Thomas Edison State College is the same school.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
I know Edison State College as well. I have TESC on my resume but it has never been confused with Edison State College. I only been questioned once on it, and actually it wasn't a bad question. They asked how life was like in NJ , I told them it was good. I never told them I attended TESC in a brick and motar setting, but I used to live in NJ years ago prior to moving to FL.

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
Ace_King Wrote:I know Edison State College as well. I have TESC on my resume but it has never been confused with Edison State College. I only been questioned once on it, and actually it wasn't a bad question. They asked how life was like in NJ , I told them it was good. I never told them I attended TESC in a brick and motar setting, but I used to live in NJ years ago prior to moving to FL.

Not so much in north and central Florida, but when I give homeschooling college presentations and workshops in more southern parts of Florida, I do sometimes run into people who get the schools confused and I have to be sure to clarify, especially as ESC has run into some pretty serious trouble fairly recently. Last I heard, they were on probation with the southern association accrediting commission, though that may have been resolved by now.
I was just curious about ESC because I fly into Punta Gorda Airport and Edison State College is one of the first things I see. The first time I did not a double take but a triple take it just looked strange seeing that so far from NJ, I later learned Thomas Edison spent a lot of his free time down in that area. I guess TESC just beat them to the name.Smile
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Public, non-profit, old, well known in the Northeast, traditional sounding name, very liberal credit transfer, decent pricing. TESC is the best.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
And I thought I was a TESC cheerleader. I tried to be objective.

Something I like to bring up when people question how much TESC students learn (even though most of them complete their degrees through traditional courses) is that TESC had the highest CPA pass rate in the state of NJ a couple of years ago.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Lindagerr Wrote:I was just curious about ESC because I fly into Punta Gorda Airport and Edison State College is one of the first things I see. The first time I did not a double take but a triple take it just looked strange seeing that so far from NJ, I later learned Thomas Edison spent a lot of his free time down in that area. I guess TESC just beat them to the name.Smile

Smile Actually, the Florida school began as Edison Junior College and admitted its first students in 1962. TESC wasn't established until about 10 years later.
Interesting thread!

I'm sticking with TESC Smile
Started Dec 2012 ~ BSBA Human Resource and Org Management TESC

YAY!!!! OCT 24th = DONE!!!!!!

Straighterline Courses: American History I 83%, American History II 79% Accounting I 81%, Accounting II 83%, Macro 77 %, Micro 84%,World Religions 83%, Business Law 74%, Business Ethics 78%, Organizational Behavior 78%, Intro to business 85%, Business Communications 86%
Clep: Principles of management 64, Intro to marketing 53,
DSST: Bus in Society 442 / Principles of Supervison 453 / Money and Banking 55
Penn Foster: HR management 96%, Compensation Management 88%, Emp Benefits 89%, training concepts 96%, Strategic Management 90%, Principles of Finance 82%
ALEKS: Intro To Statistics 72%, Pre-Calc 70%
TESC : Org Theory DONE~ 89%
TEEX Cybersecurity for everyone ~ Business Elective ~ 85%

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,019 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Looking for Help with my TESU start Dacowta 1 902 02-07-2018, 06:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Start of my Journey. oniflednitsua 5 1,301 02-06-2018, 10:47 AM
  Literal First Step? BS@TESU I just need to start find myself procrastinating. David.Hamad 8 2,343 08-17-2017, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Easy TECEPs to start with Al2010x 11 2,941 05-21-2017, 11:50 PM
  TESU: ready to start but I need HELP! ReeseP 13 1,941 01-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Last Post: KayV
  Not sure where to start... pmm 13 1,420 11-19-2016, 12:01 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Overwhelmed! Where should I start? Degreegirl1 12 1,779 10-06-2016, 12:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Testing out toward a degree but don't know where to start ray_scanlon 32 2,583 08-17-2016, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Lindagerr
  Start Your Summer with Sophia bjcheung77 0 515 06-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77