Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done with BS from EC! Thanks everyone!
Thanks for the kind words, guys.
Perrik: thank you for the tip. (and for reminding me of those $495 - I really forgot about it :o )
LatinTea: Plans? I'm thinking about Master, but we'll see... This is just like a huge chapter closed. Gee, a degree, after all those years! I just can't believe it finally happened. I really wanted it. Going through ups and downs, almost quitting and coming back.

A funny moment (and I'm not kidding): the day I was taking my last exam, my son was taking his first CLEP. He is a 9th grader and I talk him into taking Humanities. My wife drove him to the comm college at 11 AM. I came 10 min later from work to take my exam and they sat me down in front of him. I guess 15 other people sitting on the other half of the room were taking DSST or something else. My son finished in one hour and left me alone struggling through the mind-wrecking A&I. He passed just as I did. So that wasn't bad for the Monday. His sister has already graduated from a public university (with debts, of course), but he is not going to make the same mistake.

I applaud those brave souls who found it possible to go from home schooling to testing out a degree - it's a way to go.
To all of you who still going: You guys just keep it going. You can do it.
[SIZE="1"]Done with the last exam! August 10, 2009
EC BS Liberal Studies

Area of Focus: Computer Information Science

Transfer:
56 community college credits
24 Regis University credits

Exams taken - Score:
DSST: Intro to Computers - 69
DSST: Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union – 77
DSST: Western Europe Since 1945 - 59
DSST: Civil War & Reconstruction - 61
DSST: Environment & Humanity - 64
CLEP: A & I Literature - 70
PF: Information Literacy - Pass
PF: English Composition - Pass
EC: World Population - A
EC: World Conflicts since 1900 - B
ACTLF: 6 UL + 6 LL[/SIZE]
WhooHoo!....Great Job.

You help the rest of us realize it IS possible.

Judy
Congratulations! How exciting. Smile

~Candace
Congrats! Great job! I'm glad your son is learning from your experience. Celebrate your hard work and realize what a great achievement it is at our age to go back to school and be successful and do it so quickly! You are an inspiration to those of us still chugging along. Good luck in your future endeavors!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
It sure must be nice to say "I'm Done".

Congrats on earning your degree. I'm right behind you.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Congratulations nubius...way to go!
BS Liberal Arts, Excelsior College
Great success story. Congrats!
[SIZE="4"]Terry[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][B][SIZE="2"]How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time![/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="3"]
AS and BS completed
MBA - In Progress[/SIZE]
I came across my old posting about earing a degree and thought I would update you all.
I used to work for some small printing companies, being in and out of the job. The employment in printing is kind of cyclical. Being unemployed almost every 1-2 years is not what I call fun (especially having a family: a wife and kids). When I had it enough I decided to switch to IT. In printing I worked in pre-press: that is basically a computer graphic job that involves page-layout programs. With this average knowledge about computers I plunged into IT area. I remember reading a thick textbook on Microsoft exam on the New Year eve. Some show was on TV that night, family enjoyed the holiday, but I was deep in the book. I thought: it should pay out for me. those efforts cannot be in vain.

So here I am. After doing my share of IT contracting work for GM, Ford, and many others I finally landed a job with the state. Over 8 years I have been a state employee - so far my best career years. I am really happy. This is a steady job, good money, and I hope it last me until my retirement.

I came back to this forum to tell those who starting their journey: you will reach your goal if you really want it. I know it. I did it myself. Your dream is within your reach.
Good luck to all!
P.S. My diploma is on the wall next to my daughter's diploma. Both are from the same year Smile Life is wonderful thing.
[SIZE="1"]Done with the last exam! August 10, 2009
EC BS Liberal Studies

Area of Focus: Computer Information Science

Transfer:
56 community college credits
24 Regis University credits

Exams taken - Score:
DSST: Intro to Computers - 69
DSST: Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union – 77
DSST: Western Europe Since 1945 - 59
DSST: Civil War & Reconstruction - 61
DSST: Environment & Humanity - 64
CLEP: A & I Literature - 70
PF: Information Literacy - Pass
PF: English Composition - Pass
EC: World Population - A
EC: World Conflicts since 1900 - B
ACTLF: 6 UL + 6 LL[/SIZE]
[-] The following 6 users Like nubius's post:
  • ARhead, Imadillo, jch, MrBossmanJr, NC Coach, TwinMom
That is such an inspiring story-thanks so much for sharing!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

Thank you for the update! It is certainly encouraging to read your story and see your progress. This site has helped so many reach their goals. Thank you for returning to share!
TESU BSBA Gen Mgmt - In progress
Straighterline - 72 credits
Sophia - 35 credits
Study.com - 21 credits
TEEX - 6 credits
East MS CC, Jackson State CC, Univ of TN at Martin, Olivet Nazarene, TESU - 27 credits
Goal: teaching cert, state of GA