Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double Degree - BSBA
So heading into my upper level concentration classes, I think now is a good time to decide if I want to try to go for a double degree or stick with the BSBA general management and add another concentration.

My understanding is that with the general management, you cannot get a double Bachelors. I have to switch to something like marketing and add the 2nd degree in Finance.

I own a commercial real estate investment company and I can see how having degrees in both marketing and finance would be very helpful whether or not I went on together an MBA or MSRE.

Any thoughts or experiences on this?  And not worried about the costs so much but perhaps time spent like double Capstones and things like that.
If you are able to get marketing and finance (not sure TESU allows this? They're weird about business degrees), you only have to do one capstone so long as you graduate with "both" degrees at once. TESU only counts this as one degree, BTW. This means you can still come back to TESU in the future for a second degree, if you really wanted to, to get a BA or a BS in something else.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Essentially, It's actually not a double degree, it's a degree with two areas of study. Basically, It's just one BSBA degree, but you get two areas of studies.
Previously, they didn't allow the General Management to be added to another area of study, but recently, they do. Go figure that one out, lol...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I personally don't think General Management is useful at all - it sounds like you're taking management courses, but you're not really, you have to do 3 out of 4 areas, and I think it's just a pain in the rear.

If you can do 1 or 2 others instead, I would always opt for that instead. Those are good options, easily fulfilled.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 514 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 373 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 359 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 333 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 291 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 650 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 614 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,993 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1