Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr. Robert W. McGee
I've kicked around the idea of two doctorates (a PhD and a JD), but am very unlikely to do even that. I can't even imagine 13! What's the point?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(04-12-2019, 12:22 AM)jsd Wrote: I wonder if in the 80s, TESC allowed for 3rd+ degrees... or if he didn't disclose and the Student Clearinghouse wasn't as utilized then?

12 PhDs, wowza. I'll likely never have one. I can't imagine even trying for 2, let alone 12.

He's just lumping all of his publications together into one thesis. It is a lot of work to complete all of those journal articles, but he didn't have to do much new work to do a PhD by dissertation because his dissertations consisted of existing articles.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(04-11-2019, 11:35 PM)sanantone Wrote: By the way, I was aware of him because he was discussed on the other forum, but I was reminded of him when I saw him in the latest edition of TESU's Invention magazine. His TESC degrees were earned in the 80s.

He has 39 gold medals in martial arts. He's also published 59 nonfiction books, five novels, and over 700 scholarly articles. This guy must never sleep.

I don't mean to downplay his achievement but, depending on what age bracket he was in, he may have earned those medals by default.  You should have seen the trophy my niece brought home from one karate tournament simply because she was the only one in her bracket (female 21-25).  It was nearly four feet tall and is quite impressive looking.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(04-12-2019, 12:26 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: I've kicked around the idea of two doctorates (a PhD and a JD), but am very unlikely to do even that. I can't even imagine 13! What's the point?

I didn't even count the JD as a doctorate. It technically is a doctorate, but outside of law schools, it's not seen as the equivalent of a PhD, EdD, PsyD, DBA, etc. It's more of a long master's degree program similar to an MSW. An LLM is higher than a JD. It's a weird hierarchy that was created when the U.S. got rid of the LLB. There's also the SJD, JSD, and other true doctorates in law. It's not unusual for someone with a JD to go back to school for a true doctorate.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(04-12-2019, 11:37 AM)sanantone Wrote: There's also [...] JSD

hi!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • Muldoon
natshar Wrote:Wow. That is just insane. I agree I don't know why (or how?) he got BA in social sciences and then a second BA in social sciences and all those doctors degree too. Also, he only has two TESU Bachelors, not 3 I don't think he violated TESU's policies.

It looks he has the following from the big 3:

TESU BA Social Science
TESU BSBA Accounting
TESU AA TESU
TESU AS Accounting

Excelsior BS Economics
Excelsior BS Business
Excelsior AA Liberal Arts
Excelsior AS Liberal Arts

Thanks for sharing this. It was fascinating. I feel like all these degrees makes him less employable. And if a place hires and needs a copy of his transcripts he has to pay hundreds to do so.

There still is a loophole of completing up to 4 undergrad degrees (2A's, 2B's) from each of the Big 3. COSC, Excelsior, TESU all have a written notice in regards to second or subsequent degrees and concurrent studies to limit the amount of degrees someone from the school can get. But there is no option for them to stop individuals from obtaining multiple degrees at another institution.

The reason is, the course requirements are so similar for most programs, some of the AOS courses are only the difference, and the fact that the National Clearing House wouldn't have a record of their education until the degrees have been conferred, so - if the person wanting to get all 4 from the schools, they graduate all of them at the same time. This is what I think Mr McGee has done, is to graduate all 4 from TESU and all 4 from Excelsior at the same time.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-11-2019, 10:52 PM)sanantone Wrote: Dr. McGee has two associate's degrees and two bachelor's degrees from TESU. In total, he has four associate's degrees, five bachelor's degrees, one master's degree, one JD, and 12 doctoral degrees. There is a lot of overlap between his degrees. He has two BAs in Social Science; I don't know why the second school approved a second BA in Social Science. If his degrees are listed in order, I don't know how he pulled off earning third and fourth degrees at TESU. He also has two bachelor's degrees in business. Several of his doctoral degrees are in accounting, economics and finance. I'm sure that he earned most of his doctoral degrees by publication, but I don't understand why someone would want three doctoral degrees in accounting, three doctoral degrees in finance, and two doctoral degrees in economics.

https://robertwmcgee.wordpress.com/education-2/

When he lists University of the State of New York, he means Excelsior College which used to be Regents College.

First guess- he didn't reveal his degrees in his applications. Tisk tisk Dr. MgGee.
(04-12-2019, 02:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
natshar Wrote:Wow. That is just insane. I agree I don't know why (or how?) he got BA in social sciences and then a second BA in social sciences and all those doctors degree too. Also, he only has two TESU Bachelors, not 3 I don't think he violated TESU's policies.

It looks he has the following from the big 3:

TESU BA Social Science
TESU BSBA Accounting
TESU AA TESU
TESU AS Accounting

Excelsior BS Economics
Excelsior BS Business
Excelsior AA Liberal Arts
Excelsior AS Liberal Arts

Thanks for sharing this. It was fascinating. I feel like all these degrees makes him less employable. And if a place hires and needs a copy of his transcripts he has to pay hundreds to do so.

There still is a loophole of completing up to 4 undergrad degrees (2A's, 2B's) from each of the Big 3.  COSC, Excelsior, TESU all have a written notice in regards to second or subsequent degrees and concurrent studies to limit the amount of degrees someone from the school can get.  But there is no option for them to stop individuals from obtaining multiple degrees at another institution.  

The reason is, the course requirements are so similar for most programs, some of the AOS courses are only the difference, and the fact that the National Clearing House wouldn't have a record of their education until the degrees have been conferred, so - if the person wanting to get all 4 from the schools, they graduate all of them at the same time.  This is what I think Mr McGee has done, is to graduate all 4 from TESU and all 4 from Excelsior at the same time.

There isn't a loophole. TESU explicitly states that they will award up to a second associate's degree and second bachelor's degree, period. It doesn't matter where you earned the degrees. TESU will not give you a third one. At Excelsior and COSC, I had to ask for permission to pursue a third bachelor's degree. Even though I had been in correspondence with Excelsior about this, the admissions counselor who was assigned to me was not aware and told me to go ahead and apply and send my transcripts. After the evaluation team saw my transcripts, they told him that I already had two bachelor's degrees from TESU and needed to ask for permission to pursue a third one. 

I'm going to assume that the Big 3 allowed for unlimited degrees in the past, Dr. McGee omitted schools attended, or he pursued multiple degrees at multiple schools at the same time without informing them of this.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
I guess that there is no such thing as too much education.

Still there is a lot of people that accumulate a staggering amount of achievements through their life.
I think that there should be a lot of professionals extremely accomplished that are completely anonymous.
(04-12-2019, 11:37 AM)sanantone Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 12:26 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: I've kicked around the idea of two doctorates (a PhD and a JD), but am very unlikely to do even that. I can't even imagine 13! What's the point?

I didn't even count the JD as a doctorate. It technically is a doctorate, but outside of law schools, it's not seen as the equivalent of a PhD, EdD, PsyD, DBA, etc. It's more of a long master's degree program similar to an MSW. An LLM is higher than a JD. It's a weird hierarchy that was created when the U.S. got rid of the LLB. There's also the SJD, JSD, and other true doctorates in law. It's not unusual for someone with a JD to go back to school for a true doctorate.

I like the way you phrase that, with it not being a "true doctorate", since even though it is *technically* a doctorate, it doesn't FEEL like one, and in many ways is very different.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link