Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
roadmap for BSBA from EC please
I have decided to go the EC college route. I have completed a bunch of Sophia courses since my last post and thanks to you guys, I decided on EC for a bachelors degree in business administration, maybe with a finance or management focus. My issue with TESU was RA credits. Does anyone have an EC BA plan. I will post my info as well. I want to complete as many courses through Sophia as possible. I like it.        
Your Location: Alexandria, VA
Your Age: 27
What kind of degree do you want?: Any Bachelors from EC
Current Regional Accredited Credits: Zero

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: 26 from Sophia Learning.
CLEP: French I and II

Sophia classes completed:
Macroeconomics
College algebra
Intro to Statistics
foundation of statistics 
visual comm
conflict resolution
project management

Principles of finance
Intro to College Math

Any certifications or military experience? None
Budget: Ideally under $10k but will consider spending more for easy and fast.  
Commitments: working in limo business
Dedicated time to study: I can study 5 days a week flexible schedule, just not weekends.
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal
The concentrations at EC can't be completed via alt-credit. They do not have a Management focus, although they do have a General Business concentration, which is basically not choosing a concentration.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-02-2022, 06:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The concentrations at EC can't be completed via alt-credit.  They do not have a Management focus, although they do have a General Business concentration, which is basically not choosing a concentration.

the concentrations have to be done with EC? how many credits is that? and i guess General Business will do just fine. is there a plan somewhere with actual requirements for the degree and what fulfills what?
UMPI does have a Management & Leadership Concentration if that's what you really want. You can transfer up 90 credits to UMPI. If you put the time in, you could graduate from UMPI in 6 months.
(08-02-2022, 06:56 PM)defmo Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 06:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The concentrations at EC can't be completed via alt-credit.  They do not have a Management focus, although they do have a General Business concentration, which is basically not choosing a concentration.

the concentrations have to be done with EC? how many credits is that? and i guess General Business will do just fine. is there a plan somewhere with actual requirements for the degree and what fulfills what?

Sorry, the General Business "concentration" can be done via alt-credit; the others can't.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Am I missing something in thinking the Excelsior Finance and Marketing concentration requirements seem reachable using only SDC?
Since a concentration is only a "preference" and a general Business degree will do, just stick with the "basic" degree as you can ladder up to a Masters with a concentration of your liking later. At the end of the day, it's still a Business degree... continue working on your credits towards that "general Business" degree and if you really need to change that concentration, note the "final courses" that may be different, do those courses last. Don't stall at thinking to make this "perfecto", continue onward my friend by starting and working towards required courses, leave the concentration last!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
My issue is that right now. I am just taking any Sophia classes. I want to know which ones to take for a general business degree.
(08-03-2022, 03:54 AM)defmo Wrote: My issue is that right now. I am just taking any Sophia classes. I want to know which ones to take for a general business degree.

Have you taken English Comp? Excelsior doesn't accept the CLEP, so your choices are Sophia, SDC, or ONU. Sophia's English Comp I isn't too bad. For English Comp II, it's a toss-up between the three. Olivet Nazarine is just one paper, but it's apparently a lot of work leading up to that paper.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-03-2022, 04:53 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 03:54 AM)defmo Wrote: My issue is that right now. I am just taking any Sophia classes. I want to know which ones to take for a general business degree.

Have you taken English Comp? Excelsior doesn't accept the CLEP, so your choices are Sophia, SDC, or ONU. Sophia's English Comp I isn't too bad. For English Comp II, it's a toss-up between the three. Olivet Nazarine is just one paper, but it's apparently a lot of work leading up to that paper.

also i have a 77 in one of my sophia courses, will that show when i transfer it to EC? and does anyone know how many credits will EC award for French I and II through CLEP?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plan for EU BSBA memyselfni 6 1,148 05-16-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Roadmap for New Excelsior College Students yutzyj 125 207,085 01-02-2023, 10:29 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Roadmap needed for BS Psychology | Excelsior college Tessa 9 2,156 08-25-2022, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Allison1
  Does anyone have Excelsior College Psychology Roadmap? jeanmanalo 11 3,629 12-06-2020, 07:49 PM
Last Post: OldManOfTheSea
  Can anyone help me create a degree map for Excelsior BSBA ? Dowew 1 1,378 03-29-2020, 03:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Where can i find Excelsior full plan and requisites for BSBA? cecilgambe7 1 1,164 07-20-2019, 01:27 PM
Last Post: cookderosa