Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC-Fee Change Effective August 26
Exclamation 
Saw this message pertaining to upcoming fee changes at Excelsior College.  I thought I'd share so that folks can update their cost estimates.

Quote:Dear Student,

I am writing to share the College's 2019–2020 fee changes, which will go into effect starting July 15. These changes were approved by the College's Board of Trustees in April 2019. For the first time in three years, there are several changes to fees, including the:
  • Introduction of a $20 per credit/exam Technology Fee, effective on July 15, 2019

• Increase in the Graduation Fee from $130 to $260 for students approved for conferral on or after August 26, 2019
To maintain and improve our programs, services, and overall student experience, since 2017 the College has pursued critical new investments in our academic programs and technology, including the introduction of a new learning management system, a new financial information system, and a new student information system, anticipated to launch in 2020.

Additionally, over the next three years, the College will continue to recruit, develop, and retain high quality faculty to develop robust learning communities; revise and enhance more than 400 courses, including our capstone experiences; and map critical career competencies to the curricula to ensure all graduates are prepared to advance and succeed in today's economy.

Our targeted fee changes will fund these critical investments and help the College cover rising operating costs to ensure financial stability into the future.

Despite these changes, with our broad transfer policy, online courses, credit by examination options, and prior learning assessment, the College remains among the most affordable and flexible options for adult learners like you.

I encourage you to review your Excelsior College Partnership details and reach out to your admissions counselor or academic advisor to discuss these changes and prepare for the coming semester.

Sincerely,

James N. Baldwin, JD, EdD
President, Excelsior College
BSNS - Excelsior College - 2019

AASIO - Cochise College - 2012

Ridiculous.

What's up with the increase of tuition or fees by most universities this fall?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stoic's post:
  • harrypotter
(06-28-2019, 07:17 AM)Stoic Wrote: Ridiculous.

they have that huge university and all those building to pay for  LOL
(06-28-2019, 07:17 AM)Stoic Wrote: Ridiculous.

Happens at most schools every year.  This is not shocking.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Tuition goes up a little every year at many colleges, but Excelsior's situation is different. Excelsior is focusing on increasing fees because they have a larger demographic that takes few courses. Their generous transfer credit policy means that they depend on fees more than most other schools to break even. Excelsior used to have many different Excelsior Exams (now called Uexcels). If they went back to the model of primarily selling exams, they would be able to cut the cost of providing courses, and they would give their transfer students an alternative to CLEP/DSST and transfer courses. CLEP and DSST cover the general education requirements, and courses taken at cheaper colleges can be transferred in to cover the major area of study. There's almost no incentive to take courses at Excelsior. They probably made a huge mistake by going private because they're no longer subsidized by the State of New York.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • TheMaskedMutant

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alliance University to close in August bjcheung77 4 580 07-23-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Brandman now UMass Global - Effective Sept 1, 2021 bjcheung77 18 3,026 07-08-2022, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  In ‘Historic’ Vote, UVA Students Vote to Change 180-Year-Old Honor Policy LevelUP 0 829 03-10-2022, 08:40 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  [CC] Opportunity to change B- into PASS/FAIL credit Lightorb333 5 1,048 09-24-2021, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Lightorb333
  Opinions…. Do you request a name change? Vle045 8 914 07-27-2021, 12:29 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  UMPI YourPace now offering BABA Marketing starting in August ashkir 3 1,489 04-27-2021, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Vle045
Question Recommended Coding Programs? (career change) MNomadic 15 2,081 04-14-2021, 01:12 AM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Can I change the course of coopersmith after I buy it? qiaoyiren 2 789 03-31-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
Exclamation Anyone else notice a BIG change in the ACE National Guide? MNomadic 18 3,500 11-21-2020, 10:45 AM
Last Post: AZDan
  CLEP Buy 1 Test Get 2nd 50% Off During August portals 7 3,947 01-02-2018, 06:06 AM
Last Post: warriortaupou