Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC Final Cost
What kind of student are you (how much time/energy do you have to study)? You could get 24 credits at ASU right now and bring them to COSC.

Chemistry and/or astronomy would give you the science-with-a-lab that COSC requires. That's 4 credits each.

Algebra, precalculus, brief calculus and eng 101 are all self-paced, so you could start them right now. 12 credits.

Then pick 3 or 4 of the courses that are starting on August 18th.

24-26 credits for less than a thousand dollars.

That's not the only option, but it is the cheapest and easiest option for (4-year) RA credits right now.
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Kab, Life Long Learning
(07-15-2020, 02:42 AM)Kab Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 05:14 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 09:45 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Brandman/COSC is most likely the cheapest RA degree provider unless you can get it free with tuition assistance/reimbursement.  There are programs out there that do offer tuition to employees - for me, I don't have the luxury yet...  Brandman is competency based, COSC is test-out-able.   If cost is an issue and Nationally Accreditation is an option for you, you may want to go with some of the schools that have DEAC accreditation (Ashworth/Penn Foster), they pretty much cost the same as Brandman/COSC.

Everything was OK with COSC up to the moment they implement the 30 non-ACE credits rule, now they complicated everything a lot, specially for international students. I will see the way to fit the 30 credits in order to made it cheaper, if not i will pay for EC.

I agree with you.
Do you think that for international students could be possible to make credits (or study) in another country and then bring this into COSC?
I understand that the NO ACE rule for 30 credits  is to try to promote their own courses but is quite a barrier to jump.

I don't know i we can transfer our non-USA local university credits as NON-ACE credits in order to meet the this new request. I think we can.

If this is the case, i can transfer my local credits (19 maths and computer sciences credits) and get some extra credits from ASU.

If you need to earn these credits in your local university this will take longer, and maybe it is better to try to get these credits with online RA courses. ASU offer is amazing, but i don't know if you can get 24 credits before the offer finish.
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
[-] The following 1 user Likes cecilgambe7's post:
  • Kab

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EU Degree Cost? NBM123 14 2,230 11-28-2022, 10:08 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC vs Excelsior cost homeschoolmom1 28 5,787 10-05-2019, 04:46 PM
Last Post: sanantone