Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC LA498
I've seen a fair amount of threads on the old EC liberal arts Capstone and I was hoping I could get some feedback from folks who have finished the new version. I have enrollment approval to start it this semester. Last (butt-in-seat) class. Woo!
Im dreading it a little bit and I'd just like to get a heads up on what I can expect. Thanks!
[-] The following 2 users Like 22gunsonfire's post:
  • Life Long Learning, Silly_Me
I also was dreading the HEM498 Capstone, but it was OK. I am done on 22 October!
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

11 more days, don't dread it, just keep on trucking... you're at that finish line already!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Life Long Learning
I ended up dropping the EC capstone due to being far too busy at work to devote the 15-20 hours a week that I would realistically need to succeed. Truthfully, the course was disappointing. Due dates and assignments are all over the place on blackboard, the syllabus, and randomly inside the course its listed in multiple places and all dates are different. I will say though my instructor was responsive for the time I was in the course. They were nice to work with.

Over all EC LIB495 feels really incomplete as a product. There are plenty of places it needs to be cleaned up and a lot of the course content isn't easy to access in my opinion. I will attempt it again for the Spring I term. For as much as the course costs there is a lot of work left to be done for it.
(12-08-2017, 09:29 AM)22gunsonfire Wrote: I ended up dropping the EC capstone due to being far too busy at work to devote the 15-20 hours a week that I would realistically need to succeed.  Truthfully, the course was disappointing. Due dates and assignments are all over the place on blackboard, the syllabus, and randomly inside the course its listed in multiple places and all dates are different. I will say though my instructor was responsive for the time I was in the course. They were nice to work with.

Over all EC LIB495 feels really incomplete as a product. There are plenty of places it needs to be cleaned up and a lot of the course content isn't easy to access in my opinion. I will attempt it again for the Spring I term. For as much as the course costs there is a lot of work left to be done for it.

Are you sure about Blackboard?  I agree blackboard is all over the board, but my Excelsior College HEM498 Capstone was on Canvas.  I find Canvas much better.

I printed all the HEM-498 readings and read them and then enrolled after into the course.  I finished in two weeks.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Research topic LA498 22gunsonfire 2 1,270 07-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire
  EC LA498 Capstone TOTALLY Revised SuZQ2 3 1,967 02-28-2017, 04:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  EC's Capstone - LA498 - Help/Advice/Info Appreciated SuZQ2 23 3,245 01-21-2017, 09:42 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  EC LA498 Capstone - Questions Regarding Essay Assignments SuZQ2 3 1,090 01-20-2016, 10:29 AM
Last Post: SuZQ2