Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC degree can get you into a top-tier law school
Occasionally, my "Excelsior College" Google alert turns up something really interesting. Today, it told me about an Excelsior College grad who just joined a big, prestigious law firm (Burr & Forman) after attending a Tier 1 law school (University of Alabama) and graduating magna cum laude. I'm not considering law school, but it is encouraging to hear that an EC degree has that kind of credibility. Here's his bio, complete with Excelsior College degree listed: Daniel B. Snyder - Attorney Information - Burr & Forman LLP - Results Matter. Congratulations, Daniel Snyder!
Kelly
BS, History - Excelsior College - 2011
There was a member here who got a big three degree (don't remember which school) and then got into a top thirty law school. This was not too long ago so I doubt it was this same man.

BA/Liberal Studies, TESC 2011
AAS/Applied Electronic Studies, TESC 2010

He must have had very good grades and either excellent interpersonal skills or connections to get on law review and to clerk for a judge. TBH, I don't see what EC had to do with it.
Yenisei Wrote:He must have had very good grades and either excellent interpersonal skills or connections to get on law review and to clerk for a judge. TBH, I don't see what EC had to do with it.

You need a bachelors to get into law school (at least for American Law Schools). While not everyone can do it, Scholar was simply saying that, even though Big 3 (and other DL degrees) are often looked down upon by the closed-minded, that they can be used as the launching pad to get into such positions.

That is what EC had to do with it.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
TMW2010 Wrote:You need a bachelors to get into law school (at least for American Law Schools). While not everyone can do it, Scholar was simply saying that, even though Big 3 (and other DL degrees) are often looked down upon by the closed-minded, that they can be used as the launching pad to get into such positions.

That is what EC had to do with it.

Here hereSmile Smile
Set yourself goals, not limitations
Nothing against EC, but unless he had a bunch of orphan credits from many different sources and thus went with EC for that reason, they were incidental to Snyder's success, although sure, by awarding distance learning bachelor's degrees, they do put you in position to go to grad school.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,159 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,823 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,623 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,753 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,946 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,939 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,305 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,656 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero