Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior taking FEMA now?
I just saw this on Excelsior's site- are they taking FEMA raw now or is this just old??? EDIT to add- Mdel210201's transcript has lots of FEMA on it

https://www.excelsior.edu/credit-for-fema-training

Credit For FEMA Training
Excelsior College awards credit for Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) training.

The American Council on Education (ACE) has made credit recommendations for FEMA's National Emergency Training Center (NETC) courses. Two series of courses have been evaluated by ACE: NETC Emergency Management Institute (EMI) and NETC National Fire Academy (NFA). These typically are not independent study courses. Students who have taken a course offered by NETC EMI or NETC NFA can either submit an ACE transcript or a transcript from NETC EMI or NETC NFA. The non-IS credit recommendations are offered through ACE and can found from the ACE Credit Registry and Transcript System.
(02-24-2019, 01:52 PM)cookderosa Wrote: I just saw this on Excelsior's site- are they taking FEMA raw now or is this just old???  EDIT to add- Mdel210201's transcript has lots of FEMA on it

Credit For FEMA Training
Excelsior College awards credit for Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) training.

The American Council on Education (ACE) has made credit recommendations for FEMA's National Emergency Training Center (NETC) courses. Two series of courses have been evaluated by ACE: NETC Emergency Management Institute (EMI) and NETC National Fire Academy (NFA). These typically are not independent study courses. Students who have taken a course offered by NETC EMI or NETC NFA can either submit an ACE transcript or a transcript from NETC EMI or NETC NFA. The non-IS credit recommendations are offered through ACE and can found from the ACE Credit Registry and Transcript System.

It's not clear. On one webpage, it says that they're accepting FEMA IS courses. But, when you click on the link for more information, it says that they will only accept ACE-approved FEMA courses or FEMA courses on another school's transcript. That's the policy they've had for years, and FEMA IS courses are not ACE-approved.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(02-24-2019, 02:04 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 01:52 PM)cookderosa Wrote: I just saw this on Excelsior's site- are they taking FEMA raw now or is this just old???  EDIT to add- Mdel210201's transcript has lots of FEMA on it

Credit For FEMA Training

It's not clear. On one webpage, it says that they're accepting FEMA IS courses. But, when you click on the link for more information, it says that they will only accept ACE-approved FEMA courses or FEMA courses on another school's transcript. That's the policy they've had for years, and FEMA IS courses are not ACE-approved.

"These typically are not independent study courses" which are the free FEMA we all know about, but Mdel210201's transcript post (new) has lots of FEMA on it ... so that's strange?
(02-24-2019, 04:34 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

Credit For FEMA Training

"These typically are not independent study courses"  which are the free FEMA we all know about, but Mdel210201's transcript post (new) has lots of FEMA on it ... so that's strange?

I'm sending my FEMA transcript to Excelsior to be evaluated, so I'll see what happens. It's possible that they implemented a new policy, but they failed to update that particular webpage.

This is the article Excelsior put up last year, and the one I was referring to earlier.

Quote:Excelsior College leadership is always looking for ways to help Excelsior students complete their degrees while saving money. Its latest initiative: A policy that will allow Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) employees and other trainees to pursue advanced college degrees at a lower cost by awarding college credit for FEMA Emergency Management Institute Independent Study coursework.

Under Excelsior’s new policy, students can now present their FEMA training record to the College’s admissions office to be evaluated for corresponding college credit. Excelsior’s ability to translate government and corporate training into college credit—through its extensive internal review process and evaluations by the American Council of Education (ACE) or accredited college institutions—has been often highlighted as one of its major strengths.

https://www.excelsior.edu/article/new-ex...ffordably/
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • cookderosa
(02-24-2019, 04:34 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

Credit For FEMA Training

"These typically are not independent study courses"  which are the free FEMA we all know about, but Mdel210201's transcript post (new) has lots of FEMA on it ... so that's strange?
Mdel210201 mentioned he paid to have the courses to be added to  FCC transcript.  I should have answer fairly soon.  I just registered to TESU and EC and had my FEMA IS transcript sent to EC.  I will post an update once the initial review is completed.
[-] The following 3 users Like jbwyo's post:
  • cookderosa, davewill, Life Long Learning

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 403 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 937 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,584 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,646 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,315 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,338 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,074 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,735 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,256 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,311 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az